Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $466.37
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 191 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

Dolfy

Dolfy's Reviews
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Price: $980.00
Pros: Traction, looks, price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these in the 33x12.5x15 size and they are awesome! They look great and are not loud on the highway. I love how they have an aggressive look of an MTR but have the road manners of an AT. I barely notice they are there except for a small hum from them. Traction in the rain is much better then my previous tires (BFG AT's). Haven't used them in the snow/ice yet.

bahndrvr
bahndrvr's Reviews
05-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Price: $805.00
Pros: 805 shipped to my door for 5 tires in 33x12.50-15
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent tires, had them about a month now with 4 wheeling trips, Excellent on the road and in the rain. Excellent in Sand, Way better than i expected in the mud.

Couldn't be happier, all five shipped to my door for 805 from discount tire direct as well.

Ruffnek
Ruffnek's Reviews
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Price: $840.00
Pros: Look great, way quieter than my old mudders. Great in the ice and snow, way better than mudders for that.
Cons: Not as good in Mud as Mudders, duh.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the most aggressive studdable all terrain tire I could find. I live near the Rockies in Canada and drive through them all the time in the winter. These tires are awesome for winter, and judging by the looks of them, they should be respectable on most trails that don't have deep mud. Big improvement for me for 99% of my driving. I'll keep my mudders on a set of steelies, but these are waaaaaaaay better for everything else.

crazy8x4o5
crazy8x4o5's Reviews
04-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Price: $860.00
Pros: Almost no road noise. tread clears great, excellent grip on sand and mud
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a great tire for what it is. I have 31x10.5x15's These are my first 4x4 tire purchase. Knowing what i know now, I would have bought wider tires. These are great though if you are on a budget

jamcat77
jamcat77's Reviews
04-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Price: $208.00
Pros: Good grip, handling, feel, tough sidewalls
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Couldn't ask for a better tire for the price. Good on-road and off. Much quieter than the MTRs.

Goodyear DuraTrac LT285/75/16
Mamba Offroad Type MR-1 16x8
Spydrtrack Spacers

ChrisNukemYJ

ChrisNukemYJ's Reviews
04-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Price: $1,025.00
Pros: Good sturdy tire
Cons: To quite
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You can probably get them for less but I got certs with all mine so I can get free replacement if something happens.

Ruffnek
Ruffnek's Reviews
04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Much improved grip in winter over the Mud Tires, quieter on the road. Lighter that the 6 ply sidewall tires.
Cons: Not as good off road as the Mud Terrains I had, but I'll be putting a set of swampers on my old steel rims.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't had them too long but they are a big improvement in ice and snow, as well as being lighter than the old tires.

Darp
Darp's Reviews

04-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Queit when new and very agressive tread and great sipping.
Cons: With miles they get noisier
Recommended? No

Comments: I now have 12,000 miles on them. Traction is great especially on river crossings over smooth boulders in deep water.

I got 32"x10.5 equvilents on 96 Cherokee. Lift about 2.5" and some trimming. FYI I could get 31x10.50s on with no triming and no lift some rubbing. Going to 32" was a big jump, requiring lift and quite a bit of trimming.

With 12,000 on them now sometimes they are quiet other times noisy with a harmonic of something, not thumping of lugs and it can come in low like 25mph. Have not figured that out.

Wear seems good, still look basically new.

BTW great looking trire get comments on them a lot.

jeepyj13
jeepyj13's Reviews

04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Price: $836.96
Pros: very aggressive, quiet compared to other aggressive tires, great traction under rough conditions.
Cons: havnt had them long enough but none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: when in the process of lifting my jeep yj 4inches i was looking for aggressive tires that would be good for a DD but at the same time if wanting to have alittle fun when the grounds get wet after raining. i ran across this tire. i suggested them to a friend of mine who has a yj already lifted so he got them before me and made is jeep look very mean. so i went on and bought a set of 4 33x12.50 r15 for 836.96 for mounting and balancing. my yj is a DD most of the time and spend alot of hwy driving. tested the tires 1 time in mudholes and they did great and i mean deep mudholes and the best part i left my jeep in 2wd! aggressive tread almost consider them as a m/t instead of a /t and they are a big difference over stock. i have alittle over 500miles on them so their still arent wearing down yet. only time will tell. when they do wear down im leaning back towards the duratracs again for a next set. they also have alittle hum down the road which sounds great.

TjFee
TjFee's Reviews
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Very Quiet Tread Design.. Great in the Iron Ore up north If kept at proper TP 28psi they run straight..
Cons: None so far i love them
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love these tires and will BUY again!

Out of 10 i would put this..

Traction - [9] Suck in snow.. I float on it.. lol
Tracking - [8] I wander alot.. short wheel base doesn't help though..
Noise - [6] (not too noisy still noticeable)
Wear - [7] Wearing Evenly NO CUPPING or Lug Wear..

greene69

Web Wheeler
greene69's Reviews
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: good road manor
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have good road manors

Cassafrass

Cassafrass's Reviews
03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I LOVE these tires. I got them mid winter and they performed very well through all of the snow. They grip well on slippery and wet roads and also have proved themselves in the mud. No complaints about them so far. Plus they look amazing

Scoundrel70
Scoundrel70's Reviews

03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Price: $178.00
Pros: Quiet, fantastic traction on snow/ice/wet pavement, an excellent all around trail tire too.
Cons: None so far other than finding my Jeep stripped... other people liked them too I guess.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the 285/75-16 on stock MOAB rims. 3-ply sidewall, load range "E". A little firm maybe, but greatly improved ride over the stock Rubicon MT/R's that were on it, particularly in winter/wet conditions. On the trail, I've found them to handle anything the MT/R's did. I would consider this a cross-over AT/MT tire, or AT++. I don't avoid mud, but don't mud bog either, which is where I expect these tires would run out of traction. I only have experience with the MT/R on my Jeep, and consider the Duratrac to be their equal or better for a DD and moderate trail use.

Only down side is someone thought as highly of them as I did and I found my Jeep sitting on it's axles one fine Tuesday morning. I've replaced that set with another set of MOABs/Duratracs because I was so pleased with the improvement they made to my Jeep. I also got Gorilla locks now on EVERY stud.

johncsmith711
johncsmith711's Reviews
03-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Price: $132.00
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love them buying bigger new ones

johncsmith711
johncsmith711's Reviews
03-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Price: $132.00
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love them getting a lift and new tires but bigger this time

heitbrink
heitbrink's Reviews
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Awesome in snow and ice Good all terrain
Cons: No kevlar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the tire but have had two flats in the last two months and my friends have nick named them duraflats

Semper Fi 03
Semper Fi 03's Reviews
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: great tire that is listed as an At tire but looks like a Mud tire.
Cons: haven't found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tire that is listed as an At tire but looks like a Mud tire.

paulandcarollib
paulandcarollib's Reviews
02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: quiet, great traction, aggressive trad
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent traction, good sidewall protection, nice aggressive style.

BlkJeepTJSahara
BlkJeepTJSahara's Reviews
02-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Quiet, Look awesome, good traction, fair price
Cons: I can see the white lettering on my spare through my back window.. not a con i know..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought tires about a month ago from Discount Tire. I drive on the freeway quite a bit so I needed a good all-around tire. They do the job beyond what i was expecting.. They float down the road and these tires actually ride better (softer) than the all weather 31's i had on before.. Would recommend to anyone who wants an aggressive (street friendly) tire.. buy buy buy

Panktrid
Panktrid's Reviews
01-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Good traction on and off road
Cons: Wish they were 33's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good stuff for the price, these or BF/TAs. Need to type more apparently.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »