Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $460.67
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 186 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 6 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

WA_KK
WA_KK's Reviews
10-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Price: $836.00
Pros: Great traction and look. Very quiet for such an aggressive tire.
Cons: Kind of expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased 4 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs in 227/75/16 from Discount Tire for $836 installed. I'm very pleased with them so far. Took the KK off roading the day after install in the pouring rain and didn't have any issues with traction. The look is very good as well

04rockymnttj

04rockymnttj's Reviews
10-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Work great all the time
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Work great i love them

Mooseknuckles

Mooseknuckles's Reviews
10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Excellent Off-Road performance, surprisingly quiet ride
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I traded up to a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs from my old Michelin LTX A/Ts. Difference was night and day, the Goodyear tires have been quieter with a far better off-road performance.

Lowandslow
Lowandslow's Reviews

09-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Looks
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: First off these tires eat up snow. Secondly, they have an agressive look that don't scream at highway speeds. Finally, these are a good tire for a great price.

gfox48
gfox48's Reviews
09-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: seem to have good road handling. I have not taken them offroad yet as I am still working out bugs first.
Cons: not sure yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They came installed on the XJ when it was purchased from PO. I will look at getting them again when it is time to get new tires. Maybe move up to 33's.

TRYoung

TRYoung's Reviews
08-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Price: $202.00
Pros: An all-terrain tire with aggressive tread for moderate off-road use. Great price.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A very good all-terrain tire for moderate off road use. I picked mine up from Discount Tire Direct, who mount, balance, and ship free of charge. They hardly make a sound on the highway, and track nicely. Also have a nice, aggressive look to them and add to the overall appearance of my Wrangler JK.

REDNWHITE
REDNWHITE's Reviews
08-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Barely any addition on Road noise, good in mud so far.
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was able to get a great deal on these tires and so far they have been great. I haven't had much offroad or any winter experience with them yet. But so far so good. Also they is very limited road noise, which was important for me as my TJ is a DD.

nathansmith22
nathansmith22's Reviews
08-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Price: $241.00
Pros: Quiet on the road, worked great on the trails overall very satisfied.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires made my jeep look a lot more aggressive. They worked great on the trails in the Uwharrie national forest. Really quiet on the road. I'm very happy with these tires. Hopefully they don't wear quickly. I'll come back later and let you know.

colemanjk
colemanjk's Reviews
08-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Beautiful
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are awesome! They have tread inside of tread. Don't let the dealers tell you about their soft(er) sidewalls stories unless you're and avid rock crawler.

Jeeper1973
Jeeper1973's Reviews
08-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Price: $126.00
Pros: mountain-snowflake rated tire. beefy but good ride.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a set of 245/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs before moving to the mountains. I wanted a mountain-snowflake rated tire that I could ride year round. The only two I really saw available were the BFG All-Terrain and the Goodyear Duratracs ( and the goodyear walmart and canadian tire versions of the duratrac) I liked the tread of the duratrac best. so far they have wore very well and are agressive enough for me.

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
08-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Good looking all terrain.
Cons: Get what ya pay for.
Recommended? No

Comments: Okay let me edit. FACTS !!
1. Before my duratracs - no shaking,
2. after duratracs and road force balanced from tire rack< i got the shakes.
3. had them rebalanced statically - they rode better.
4. My duratrac suck.
5. I will never buy them again, nor would I recommend.
I put on km2's after these were bought back by tire rack and have no balancing problems now!!!!

Opinion - don't waste your money for either Goodyear or road force..

Fawkes

WJ recovery gear
Fawkes's Reviews
07-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Excellent tread life (so far), VERY good traction.
Cons: None that I've found yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased 245/75-R17s as pizza cutter snow tires. Kept them on past winter, and happy about not needing to take them off.

07jkman
07jkman's Reviews
07-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Great traction especially on wet surfaces
Cons: if you drive them on a daily bases they wont last all that long
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires, great look, quiet sound, and great ride

robob280
robob280's Reviews
06-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Price: $740.00
Pros: Tires are great so far, look really aggressive
Cons: They get a little chopped on rocks because they are such soft tires
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not for very serious crawling but great for general purpose and offroading, a little slippery when wet unfortunately. Overall a fantastic tire, adds a much more aggressive look to your Jeep!

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
06-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Price: $168.00
Pros: Kewl looking all terrain.
Cons: Thats about it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Okay let me edit. FACTS !!
1. Before my duratracs - no shaking,
2. after duratracs and road force balanced from tire rack< i got the shakes.
3. had them revalance statically - they rode better.
4. My duratrac suck.
5. I will never buy them again nor would I recommend.
6. I will neer buy from tire rack again.
Opinion - don't waste your money for either...

Well let me post my experience first hand.
I bought Duratrac 33x12.5's on ultra 164 alum. 15x10 rims from TIRE RACK.
I had a little bounce in the whole jeep with this setup. I started w/ 36 psi went to 34 then 32 then 30 now i'm down to 28.
I went to 4wheel parts center here locally to get just a static balance and had them recheck the alignment. The alignment was fine, he rebalanced all 5 wheels and it actually rode better.
I called TIRE RACK they told me to take it to a local approved (HUNTER ROAD FORCE) tire installer and they would reimburse me whatever the approved folks charge to recheck balance. I carried it to their shop this weekend, the guy drove it and says " thats not bad" - you have a mud terrain and you will have to sacrifice some ride quality for the aggresive tire. These are (DURATRACS) were talking about. I had one wheel/tire that looked really bad on the balancer at 4 wheel parts. I asked this local guy to check it, he says it scored a 37 and with light truck tires you can get as high as 45 until we really need to do anything. He says " yea that tire has a serious wobble" I said okay I guess I will call TIRE RACK.. Needless to say this is getting utmost ridiculous. I will not buy from TIRE RACK or pay the difference for any road force balance. Does all this rant make sense?? Sorry for the long winded opinion, i'm simply stating the facts!!!

Dolfy

Dolfy's Reviews
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Price: $980.00
Pros: Traction, looks, price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these in the 33x12.5x15 size and they are awesome! They look great and are not loud on the highway. I love how they have an aggressive look of an MTR but have the road manners of an AT. I barely notice they are there except for a small hum from them. Traction in the rain is much better then my previous tires (BFG AT's). Haven't used them in the snow/ice yet.

bahndrvr
bahndrvr's Reviews
05-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Price: $805.00
Pros: 805 shipped to my door for 5 tires in 33x12.50-15
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent tires, had them about a month now with 4 wheeling trips, Excellent on the road and in the rain. Excellent in Sand, Way better than i expected in the mud.

Couldn't be happier, all five shipped to my door for 805 from discount tire direct as well.

Ruffnek
Ruffnek's Reviews
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Price: $840.00
Pros: Look great, way quieter than my old mudders. Great in the ice and snow, way better than mudders for that.
Cons: Not as good in Mud as Mudders, duh.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the most aggressive studdable all terrain tire I could find. I live near the Rockies in Canada and drive through them all the time in the winter. These tires are awesome for winter, and judging by the looks of them, they should be respectable on most trails that don't have deep mud. Big improvement for me for 99% of my driving. I'll keep my mudders on a set of steelies, but these are waaaaaaaay better for everything else.

crazy8x4o5
crazy8x4o5's Reviews
04-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Price: $860.00
Pros: Almost no road noise. tread clears great, excellent grip on sand and mud
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a great tire for what it is. I have 31x10.5x15's These are my first 4x4 tire purchase. Knowing what i know now, I would have bought wider tires. These are great though if you are on a budget

jamcat77
jamcat77's Reviews
04-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Price: $208.00
Pros: Good grip, handling, feel, tough sidewalls
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Couldn't ask for a better tire for the price. Good on-road and off. Much quieter than the MTRs.

Goodyear DuraTrac LT285/75/16
Mamba Offroad Type MR-1 16x8
Spydrtrack Spacers

Page 6 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »