Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $460.67
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 186 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: quiet on the highway and still aggressive
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: quiet on the highway and still aggressive

aoh1811

aoh1811's Reviews
03-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Price: $153.00
Pros: Ride and looks
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great ride on the street, aggrsive looks and great in the rain. Would recomend for the daily driver/mall crawler!

05Unlimited
05Unlimited's Reviews
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Ride is great, low noise, great traction
Cons: 2 Ply sideway not strong enough for serious wheeling from what I've read.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Smooth ride, low noise, great traction, wearing well. 2 Ply sidewall is the only significant weakness I'm aware of.

murdock12186

murdock12186's Reviews
02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: look is amazing arent to loud. best for both on and off road
Cons: lil hard to balance. go wit the BB technique
Recommended? Yes

Comments: when searching i found that these tires are rated the best for everything by jeep mag. i did find after ordering them jegs had them for 3 dollars lesss atired but it happens lol all in all great tire

azcat
azcat's Reviews
02-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Price: $187.00
Pros: ?? just got them on 2/25/2012
Cons: ?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got them at Discount Tire. Great customer service.

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Price: $219.00
Pros: Stick to the road like glue, great in snow, look good
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had these tires a month, comparing to stock goodyear gs-a tires it is like night and day. I know the old tires were all seasons and the duratracs are severe weather rated, but wow. Now I do not have to use 4X4 when I go in the snow (until it gets really icy, or i get impatient). I cannot wait to hit the trails!

Darp
Darp's Reviews

02-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Very good traction in everything, quiet at first even at 75mph, at 20k miles still decent.
Cons: I do have cupping on front only, just inside lugs, but just got an alaignment yesyerday and it was toed in, so likely not fault of tires
Recommended? No

Comments: After 20 miles my rears look almost new but did get a fair amount of wear on fronts, but as noted my alignment was off. Rotated late at 16k.

I do extereme 4wding, lots of river crosssings, dragging it over wet boulders etc. These are best for traction have ever had.

swjeeper
swjeeper's Reviews
02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Aggressive look and smooth ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, switched from ProComp MT and enjoy this tire much more.

Fited244
Fited244's Reviews
02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Look awesome
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had these tires on now for over a year, drive on road more than dirt. Haven't got bald, still look brand new

NW99XJ

Web Wheeler
NW99XJ's Reviews

02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Outstanding manners on AND off Road. No better snow tire out there. Cleans out well - Even in sticky Oregon clay. Airs down well, and remains tough.
Cons: They don't come in a 33x10.50x15
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31 x 10.50 x 15's on 15x7 Ecco-5's.
I bought these tires in Feb 2011, (its now Feb 2012) i've put well over 25k on them, wheeled the heck out of them, and commute over 60miles a day on them as well. They've barely worn 50% - still look great!
They have outstanding traction on every terrain i've been on, ESPECIALLY dry dirt trials, and rocks. They perform surprisingly well in mud (for an aggressive A/T) and grip on everything i've been in. I literally out-wheeled every other jeep in my group in the snow several times... for winter traction, there's no better tire. I can safely air down to 15-20 lbs and wheel all day long. On dry or wet pavement they handle as good as anything out there, even in sharp turns there's very little sidewall roll - if any at all. (i keep them at 35-37psi) My experience with these has been great, and I would HIGHLY recommend these to anyone out there wanting an aggressive tire for their daily driver, and dont want to go with a full M/T.

redtadred

redtadred's Reviews
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Price: $227.00
Pros: 285/75/16. Havent had them for long. Drive great in the snow, Rain and drive pavement. Have a problem to fix before I can head into the woods
Cons: Nothing yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far do good. I think I got them a a pretty good price. I searched like crazy comparing prices for a good all terran yet aggressive tire and these won. Great grip in the snow and on pavement. Not loud at all. cant wait to bring them into the woods

xalexxromerox
xalexxromerox's Reviews
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Price: $753.00
Pros: Amazing aggresive look!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good tire. Great look and awesome traction!

jdfording
jdfording's Reviews
01-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great all around tire for Colorado. Have had no issues.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: First tire purchase for my 2004 LJ. I needed an all terrain tire for Colorado and these fit the bill perfectly.

olaverty

olaverty's Reviews
01-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Price: $182.00
Pros: Great tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No complaints, great tire

MariaJeepGirl17
MariaJeepGirl17's Reviews
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Price: $203.00
Pros: They have the mud tire look, they perform well in snow.
Cons: Haven't found con's yet...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires!! I wanted something that looked good, that had that mud tire look but that performed well in snow, well, so far so good!! Really good tires in snow and they look good I do a lot of mileage (highway) and they don't really make more noise than the stock tires! (They are 31's)... All in all I would definitely recommend them!

vulcanclassic
vulcanclassic's Reviews
12-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Price: $194.00
Pros: So far so good, only 200 miles on 'em
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x12.5-15's; I downsized from the stock 17" MTRs to get a more economical tire and wheel set-up and a wider stance.

Favorable ride on street/hwy, not too noisy

OffRoadRyder
OffRoadRyder's Reviews
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Price: $290.00
Pros: Quiet, look great, great ratings, fit stock wheels without rubbing.
Cons: $$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: In the 285/70R17 size, these tires fit my '09 JKU X's stock wheels with no rubbing.

They look great, seem quiet and have received great reviews for snow and rain performance.

tealo951

tealo951's Reviews
11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Flexible when aired down, quiet, soft, good wear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wears well, crawls well, good road manners

Tumblebug74

Tumblebug74's Reviews
11-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Price: $940.00