Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $458.87
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 185 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last

EJ018451
EJ018451's Reviews
07-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: low road noise and look good
Cons: lets be honest all rubber is over priced
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the tires. I have had them for a year and they work great. have been to Moab as well a American Fork Canyon a bunch of times. have never had a blow out at the low PSI I run on trails. I have about 15k miles on them and they still look almost new. tread sheds mud easily and tracks well in all weather conditions.

jallenhood
jallenhood's Reviews
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Price: $193.00
Pros: Fantastic looking tire for an AT
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looked long and hard at 33s before deciding that I didn't wheel enought to warrant a MT and the Duratrac is a pretty aggressive looking AT. Bought 33x12.5 15s and am happy with them on the rig

dedYJ
dedYJ's Reviews
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Lots of tread, very quiet on the road.
Cons: None so far!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have only 200 miles on them and I like them. We have lots of rocks here and they do well on them. Very aggressive tread.

Delfire

Delfire's Reviews
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: They work
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are nice

blueskiesbill
blueskiesbill's Reviews
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Ride great
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires, ride well both on highway and city.

rkramer72
rkramer72's Reviews
06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Quiet, Stopless in Snow, Great in Mud, Perfect driving on Street
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love my GoodYear DuraTrac's. I have driven to the snow all over the Tahoe area and never had a problem. I have even parked and it would snow all night, and I just started up and pulled out,(in 4wd of course). The tires are quiet on the street, and handle very well around town and freeway. I have not rock crawled in them yet, but I will report back after my trip to SlickRock this summer.

RiverWolf
RiverWolf's Reviews
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Price: $158.00
Pros: meaty look great road grip
Cons: a little noisier than stock reduces MPG by 2-3
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these at tirerack.com. Shipping was very fast. Found a local guy to mount and balance for $20 each, though balancing was tough. Once done, the jeep never rode smoother. No hint of any shaking, which was always a problem with the stock GoodYears. Finding the right psi has been a pain. I'm running them at 29 right now, but I need to try it at 28. I don't think I'll ever get the full surface of the tread to meet the road.

shockracer

14,000' WJ
shockracer's Reviews
06-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Work great in just about all road types
Cons: Mud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I will be buying these again. Can't beat the price, they have almost eliminated the DW. Mine are LT265/70/17.

67alecto
67alecto's Reviews
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Aggressive look, quiet on the street. Great traction on the trail
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I upgraded my stock tires with a set of 305/70R16 Goodyear Duratracs and couldn't be happier. They provide fantastic traction with an aggressive look, while still being quiet on the street.

WA3FLR
WA3FLR's Reviews
05-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: low road noise. Agressive enough for snow and mud here in Minnesota
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good pavement ride as well as sticky snow/mud tire. 235's 15's fit on my stock cherokee sport. Bought 5 tires and had them mounted and balanced on alum stock wheels No rubbing. Look great.

MaddBones702
MaddBones702's Reviews
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Quiet
Cons: None I can see
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had a older tire blow out and these where put on as replacements. Compared to the older style these are incredible.

JKsJK
JKsJK's Reviews
05-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great tire on road and off road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires stick to snow, ice, dry pavement, rock, sand and gravel as well as any tire I have ever owned. Snow traction in incredible.

Only tire I wish I had was the MTR, but they were on backorder last summer.

Just returned from Moab, and the tires walked right up ledges where other tires in our group barked and chirped their way up obstacles.

bonechief121
bonechief121's Reviews
05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Price: $194.00
Pros: Quiet good looking great handling.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the tires so far great all around tire for my daily driver. Handle well on the street. Can't wait to take them in the dirt.

poleposition
poleposition's Reviews
05-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just awesome. I have 325/65/18 35inch monsters. They absolutely rock

jason222001
jason222001's Reviews
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Not very loud, decent price, good wear so far
Cons: 2ply walls, a little flextime at first
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far I am happy with the quality of these tires. They felt a little flextime at first as others have mentioned. For the lug pattern I find them to be fairly quiet in comparison to my traildiggers.

thirstypirate

thirstypirate's Reviews
05-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Price: $266.00
Pros: 1. Incredible traction in snow. 2. Very quiet for on road driving 3. Capable off road tire
Cons: They are expensive and sometimes on back order for long periods of time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have them in the 275/70/18 size which makes them a little bit expensive, but the money was worth it. They are incredible in the snow and great in mud and on rocks when aired down. I rotate every 3k miles and the tires seem to be keeping their tread very well.

If you have 18's they are load range E and are a little stiffer than what others might have experienced.

I'll be getting another set whenever these wear out.

EZBillyBA

EZBillyBA's Reviews
05-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Great on the pavement, mud, and snow. Not very noisy on highway.
Cons: Soft sidewalls.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased my Duratrac's after reading the many great reviews on this, and other forums. I've had them for over a year and I'm very please with the purchase. They perform well on wet and dry pavement. They chew through mud and snow. Yet are great on the highway with very little noise. The sidewalls are soft and can be felt a little but after driving with them for a while you get used to the slight wishy-washy feel in the turns.

JKweller27

JKweller27's Reviews
04-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Price: $188.00
Pros: Price and road manners
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put these tires on my Jeep and the handle well on the road without to much road noise, haven't had a chance to go off road yet.

dertyj689
dertyj689's Reviews
04-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Price: $168.00
Pros: great equally for sand and mud
Cons: not having the kevlar, i got stabbed by a thorn in the sidewall and had to get a new one, 3 days after putting them on :(
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tire, will probably use again but with kevlar.

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: quiet on the highway and still aggressive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: quiet on the highway and still aggressive

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last