Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Goodyear Duratrac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFree Shipping on Soft ShacklesNew! JK/U skid plate system.

Goodyear Duratrac Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Goodyear Duratrac

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $146.00
Average Price: $457.80
Manufacturer: Goodyear
Recommended?
Yes: 203 / No: 4
Company Website: http://goodyear.com

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multi-purpose, full-sized pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and winter conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

2003RubiBlue
2003RubiBlue's Reviews
05-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Like them so far, great traction.
Cons: None yet,
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these to replace a set of A/T tires wanted something more aggressive. So far very impressed, very little road noise, great traction, love them so far.

Crunko
Crunko's Reviews
05-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: awesome tire. looks great. does well in any terrain
Cons: sidewall thickness
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For daily drivers that dont wanna switch tires when going offroad... pick these. excellent on road manners with great offroad capability.

john02tj
john02tj's Reviews
05-09-2015, 12:17 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: very aggresive, MTR/AT crossover
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire wheeling in the Az rocks and have not sheaded a side wall yet only a catus needles get through.

Over300kZJ
Over300kZJ's Reviews
04-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Awesome in the snow and mud. Not too much road noise.
Cons: Expensive. But you get what you pay for.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires for the harsh winters in ny. Great traction on and off the road in the snow and mud. With 4x4 engaged driving on snowy mountain roads is effortless. I'll continue to buy these tires as long as I live in the north. Good performing and a nice aggressive look.

trickydick
trickydick's Reviews
04-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: great for ice and snow
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like these tires!!!!

XJ752
XJ752's Reviews
03-18-2015, 08:12 AM
Price: $185.99
Pros: Great Tires grab nice
Cons: not as good in snow as they say, need more weight for them to work good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Tire They just suck in the snow of you don't have any weight on jeep aka bumpers

maltz33
maltz33's Reviews
02-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Great Traction
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 265 57 r16. Good looking tires

Seal
Seal's Reviews
02-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Great DD tire, quiet yet aggressive style
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This tire is perfect for those looking for an aggressive looking A/T tire. My DD Jeep loves them, and so did my wallet. Ordered from Marcus at River City Offroad, and couldn't find a better price.

DevoBill
DevoBill's Reviews
01-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Price: $205.00
Pros: Sticky on ice and snow
Cons: Louder than the Hercules AT's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like them so far. 245 x75 R17. They work great in the snow, they balanced out ok but this is something I will have done again tis spring. I shoud have replaced the TPS in them while the tires were off the rims.

STAllen
STAllen's Reviews
01-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Price: $177.00
Pros: Quiet, Clear's quickly, look good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these tires to go on my WJ after putting on a 2.5" Rusty's lift. Was very impressed with them. First time I go wheeling I hit a hole a little hard and wedged a chunk of wood in the bead, and the sidewall was firm enough to push against it and not leak air, even though it was partial luck . Clears mud very easily and very little throttle application especially for an all terrain (Comparing to BFG TA KO, which take ALOT of throttle to clear them). Get complimented on the look alot. They are very civilized on road, barley a whistle from them at 60 and can barely feel the luggyness in parking lots. Great tire.

spikem
spikem's Reviews
12-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Price: $132.29
Pros: Are great in marginal traction conditions
Cons: Needed over 3 oz to balance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 245 R75-16, fit with 1.5 inches of lift. Howl a bit at 70mph but not intolerable. Gives an excuse to turn up the classic rock.

my1986cj7
my1986cj7's Reviews
12-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Price: $212.00
Pros: Great on the wet street and snow and Ice good in the rocks
Cons: Could be a little better in the mud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My tires are 33/12.5/15 Pro's are these tires are great on the wet streets, snow and ice. Good in the rocks. Could be a little better in the mud but for a all around good tire I would recommend this tire.

SolidBrass

SolidBrass's Reviews

12-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Pros: Softer ride than the BFG AT's. I believe Duratracs now have only a 2 layer sidewall, so maybe the BFG's are tougher? Don't care, much better ride so far.
Cons: Rounder design seems to put the sidewall more at risk when rock crawling.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look good, It took 5 years to wear out my BFG AT's. Tirerack website said "These tires will provide a rough ride" when I tried to buy. They were right. These Goodyears feel much softer on the road, and the snow has been a breeze. #JacksonHoleSnow

Wish list would include a bit deeper tread on the sidewall patterns.

ShoopyPA
ShoopyPA's Reviews
12-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: nice on and off the road. perfect in snow.
Cons: not sure yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: First time running the Duratracs. Did great in the past two 6"+ snow storms. Run quite in the highway. Look aggressive.

anvil14u
anvil14u's Reviews
11-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Only 1000 mi so far but quiet under 60 mph, very good on wet roads
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Been a lot written about Duratracs good and bad, I know someone that has multiple sets on a pu and loves them, they look great in my opinion and are rated highly for snow. Only 1000 miles so far, no snow yet but performed well in the rain this week. I'll update this after more miles.
FYI, think I lost 2 mpg.

authentic010
authentic010's Reviews
11-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Price: $815.00
Pros: Traction, rubber softness, snow driving, no road noise, of road traction, handling at highway
Cons: a small dip in MPG but thats the price for going bigger then stock.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire for all year round, Amazing in the winter months great handling tire on highway and almost no road noise. Will keep getting a set as long as they make them, Have had them on two grand cherokees in 245/75/16 on stock suspension and needed only a few inches of trimming. Not necessary but just in case for hard turns. Theses have proven themselves for the money time and time again. With a 50k guarantee the price is worth every mile for the peace of mind i get with theses. You also get a higher ride height with a new set and a change of appearance that your Jeep looks like a tank. I know for a fact I will never be left stranded anywhere I am with them. For the reviews that say the sidewalls are thin, they are doing heavy off road driving. For a Daily driver and some mudding theses will not puncture on the sidewalls. I do have a load rating of C which is more then enough for Daily use in a cherokee or any Jeep for that matter. Load of E will be more durability, but heavier and less MPG from stock. Overall you pay for what you get, which is a 50k mile guarantee and a peace of mind for knowing you will never get stuck for normal to somewhat heavy use (mudding/snow/sand).

bwill46
bwill46's Reviews
09-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Pros: lots of grip
Cons: doesn't like swamp mud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires. It goes through mud like its nothing. the only bad thing is it hates swamp mud. doesn't clean the lugs like its supposed to. regular mud, it flings like a beast.

TomKat72
TomKat72's Reviews
09-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Pros: Excellent off-road traction in all terrains with great on-road manners. Winter traction is exceptional for a tire with this aggressive of a tread design. Mileage has been great compared to many similar tread tires.
Cons: Non to speak of. If you do REAL serious mudding then you will probably want a more aggressive or dedicated mud tire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this tire on my JEEP ZJ and it has been great so far (5-6000 mi). They have been pretty resistant to chipping and have had no flats yet. The terrain I off-road in mostly is very rocky shale that varies from solid to loose. I haven't had them in a lot of deep mud but they have performed fine with decent clean-out.

I also have this tire on my 06 crew cab Duramax and I'm at 40,000+ miles with mixed use and a lot of winter hauling (sleds). I have another set that I will be putting on when these wear out. These have been the best mud/all-terrain tire I've used yet. I do a lot of winter driving and I must have a tire that performs well in the snow/ice and still do well in the summer months.

jasjeep08
jasjeep08's Reviews
08-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Price: $147.00
Pros: na
Cons: na
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31x10.5x15 no road sound

Havoc443
Havoc443's Reviews
06-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Price: $255.00
Pros: - great, aggressive look - good for mudding and light trail use - "snowflake" winter rating
Cons: - less sidewall strength
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For me, these tires are great and look awesome on my M/T Sidebiter II's. I wanted something for mainly highway use but also capable of hitting the trails or doing some mudding. They have a nice aggressive look and handle great in all conditions.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »