Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > General Grabber AT2

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

General Grabber AT2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

General Grabber AT2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $305.04
Manufacturer: General
Recommended?
Yes: 113 / No: 2

From General's site:

Grabber™ AT2
An all-terrain tire with an attitude, the Grabber™ AT2 has an aggressive tread pattern that provides extreme traction in the harshest environments.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

Penguin_Jeep
Penguin_Jeep's Reviews

01-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Excellent in deep snow, great all round...
Cons: Price in the UK, £700 when fitted, that was over $1200'us.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I chose very carefully, based on past experience - General are very dependable and long living too.

wilddutchman
wilddutchman's Reviews

01-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Price: $159.00
Pros: great in snow cheap look good
Cons: none as of now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only had them a couple of weeks but they are great in snow. good ride and very low noise all in all a great tire as im concerned

attackcammel
attackcammel's Reviews
12-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Cheap 250 for used set of 4
Cons: not that great in snow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are alright. the only problem I really had is how they handle in the snow other then that there a decent tire

tearlenb
tearlenb's Reviews
12-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: aggressive tread. great price
Cons: none noticed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got 5 of these in 31" for 140 installed with nitro. They are great for basic AT driving. Since this is my daily driver, they are also good on the highway. They get bogged down in heavy mud, but are good if you aren't going deep mudding.

98slatespeed

98slatespeed's Reviews
12-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: A cheaper alternative to BFG's, these tires are great! These have great grip for snow and ice, are fun to slide in rain, and not too bad in mud if you gas it to clean the treads.
Cons: 255/70/16's took a full week to get shipped to OH from the factory in CA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got them a month ago, and I haven't had any problems with them yet. They always seem to have solid grip and road noise isn't very bad for an AT tire. In mud and soft ground i would just say to make sure to throttle enough to clean them out. I would definitely recommend these over a BFG All Terrain T/A because my tire installer wanted 160 more than the grabbers for nearly the same tire in my opinion. Good luck in your tire decision

dixiedooly
dixiedooly's Reviews
11-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Price: $576.00
Pros: Excellent tread pattern for road as well as offroad
Cons: no cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent tires for the price. The tread is excellent for off road use, yet suitable for the road as well.

tedromartin
tedromartin's Reviews
11-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Price: $218.00
Pros: Amazing traction!
Cons: not all-terrains
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just took my car to Tahoe with these in the middle of a huge snowstorm. didn't lose traction once! Great tires, mine are 33"X12.5"

YJ1994

YJ1994's Reviews
11-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: price is good and do a good job
Cons: dont see any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good traction all around. mud, rain, havent gotten to the snow yet but i think they should be fine

XJ-Wing

XJ-Wing's Reviews
11-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Price: $148.00
Pros: 60K Milage Warrenty Lower road noise than BFGs Supposed to be better in snow
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires were at the right price for me, and the 60K warranty was a big plus because my XJ is also my DD. I ordered the tires online from tirerack, they had the best price. They are a little quieter than my old BFG ATs and other reviews said they performed well in snow. It hasn't snowed here yet so I will update later.

mozartjbu
mozartjbu's Reviews
10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Price: $155.00
Pros: great looking tire
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just put the tires on my GC. they are a great looking AT tire and the price is very nice compared to other similar tires.

RedRock527
RedRock527's Reviews
10-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Price: $155.00
Pros: Looks like the BFG a/t, but is cheaper.
Cons: Don't know how they handle mud yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I run these in 31's on my ZJ. I like the look and they seem like good tires. I haven't really been off road yet, so I can't comment much on that. On road they handle fine. They have done good in rain as well.

klwong1
klwong1's Reviews
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Price: $109.00
Pros: Smooth ride and great handling! Very quiet for an all terrain tire.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Handle great in the snow, smooth ride, great warranty, and are very quiet on the road. Extremely happy.

MontesXJ
MontesXJ's Reviews
06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Aggressive look; great grip off-road and in snow; very little road noise and no wandering on the pavement.
Cons: Picks up stones in the tread and tosses them out on the highway at higher speeds...not really a con for me, but for others on the road :|
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was originally looking at Firestone Destination A/Ts, but my dealer suggested the Generals...similar look and characteristics, but ~$100 cheaper for the set. After reading several positive reviews for the Generals, I went for it and and very glad I did. I love 'em. Zero problems. Great performance on and off road. Handles rough 45 degree slopes without slippage.

cbman
cbman's Reviews
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: great tread pattern, low price, nice quality
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It seems these tires are just like BFG A/T's.
The only thing was that the tread was a bit un-true, so balancing was near impossible.

BubbaArmy

BubbaArmy's Reviews
04-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Price: $169.99
Pros: High mileage, Great Traction,
Cons: Little pricey per tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only put about 1000 miles on them so far, no road noise is a plus!

Telecaster31
Telecaster31's Reviews
04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good grip. pretty good in rain

08slvrsrfr
08slvrsrfr's Reviews
04-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Price: $831.00
Pros: Nice aggressive tread - good traction off road - quiet ride on road
Cons: Heavier than stock - gas mileage went down to 17.5 mpg
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a set of General Grabber AT2, 285-75-16 from Big 10. Went to 16's from my original 17's. Paired the tires with a set of Mamba M-5's. The tires have a nice aggressive tread pattern for an all terrain tire. Price for purchase, installation of new wheels and tires, life-time rotation and balance, and installing Jeep valve-stems was $831 out the door. I have had the tires for two weeks now and have driven them about 500 miles. The biggest difference between these and stock are the ride on the road. They are not a noisy tire at all. They provide a much more comfortable ride than the stock tires did. Off the pavement they performed well for what I wanted them for. I do not climb rocks but once in awhile do come across some nasty mud looking for the right fishing spot. The tires handled mud just fine. The one thing I was the most pleased with was an area where we fish has a hill that is about 45 degrees and rather high (part of the dam). The stock tires would spin so I would have to take the hill on an angle. The new General Tires went staight up, no spinning. Do not expect your gas mileage to go up with these tires. My mileage went down about 1 - 1.5mpg. I would definitely recommend these tires.

mjk65
mjk65's Reviews
04-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: great tread
Cons: to much wear in the rear, not sure why
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tread for all around use. they're on my DD right now.

3vze28

3vze28's Reviews
03-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Seem to be very similar to bfg a/t, if so then ill have no complaints
Cons: None just yet...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tires were very reasonably prices, and appear to have very similar characteristics to the BFG A/T. I have used BFG's in the past and they were great, but the Generals had a better price tag and I figured I would give them a shot. So far they have been great.

sdonovan
sdonovan's Reviews

03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Price: $128.00
Pros: cheaper than a similar wrangler, more aggressive look, and great performance.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i go these tires for $128 a piece, and havent regretted a thing. good tire for on or off road. and a more aggressive look is nice.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »