Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > General Grabber AT2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

General Grabber AT2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

General Grabber AT2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $305.04
Manufacturer: General
Recommended?
Yes: 113 / No: 2

From General's site:

Grabber™ AT2
An all-terrain tire with an attitude, the Grabber™ AT2 has an aggressive tread pattern that provides extreme traction in the harshest environments.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

Linus
Linus's Reviews

02-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Price: $797.00
Pros: Good price, aggressive looks, great on road, wet or dry, quiet
Cons: Not too good in mud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed 255/70R17 (31") on my WJ. Put 5,000 miles on these so far with no issues, still look brand new. Ride great, barely louder then the street tires I had on before. They perform great on dry and wet pavement. A little lacking offroad though. Good for mild trails but if you are getting into a lot of mud I'd look else where.

greenslate18
greenslate18's Reviews
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: AMAZING TRACTION
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have the 265/70/17s. got them offline for 151/tire. the tread is AMAZING. holds soooooo good in any weather conditions. no noise or anything annoying either! I would DEFINITELY buy these again!

katuah

katuah's Reviews
12-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: way cheaper than BFG AT but have almost identical tread.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a great deal.

fljeepney

fljeepney's Reviews
10-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Great tire and rugged
Cons: Bigger tires mean less fuel economy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these for only fifty dollars plus traded my Goodyear Wranglers.Great tire with great traction.They sing to me going down the road,lol.

jager66
jager66's Reviews

09-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: good looking tyre, quiet, seems to hold off road, reduced body roll
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the AT 235/65/17 108H (which is the AT2 replacement- in the UK at least) and fitted to my stock WJ (131000 miles on the clock) 3 days ago. Have already done 150 miles on road and they seem to be as quiet as the Michelin HP Latitude Tour that they replaced. They seem to hold the road as well (only in the dry at the moment) as those tyres, and they seem to have reduced body roll too!

On the day I fitted them I loaded my WJ with logs (rear seats down too) and it went up a steep grassy incline with no hint of trouble, so am impressed so far.

Will update if we have snow this winter or when I do some green lanes.

PS the price should be £120 each
Here are some details from a UK supplier with pictures too.

http://www.4site4x4.co.uk/tyre-details.aspx?id=123

http://www.4site4x4.co.uk/feedback.aspx

Guntar

Guntar's Reviews
05-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Price: $152.00
Pros: 60,000 mile tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 152.00 I got them to do mount/balance/warranty for this price. I purchased 5 tires and rim at the same time. 31x10.5x15 these fit my stock rims.

Guntar

Guntar's Reviews
05-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Price: $152.00
Pros: 60,000 mile tire, fit stock rim
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not all that noisey. 31x10.5x15 They fit my stock rims. Tire Warehouse price 152.00/ea.

FlakJacket
FlakJacket's Reviews
02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Good all terrain tires, although I'll probably go with the 32's when I purchase a set next year.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with the Jeep when I bought it; have about 50% treat left on 'em, no problems so far.

Corigirlloves

Corigirlloves's Reviews
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Price: $820.00
Pros: Great in the mud, highway, trail, snow, ice
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31 General Grabber Mud Tires, great tread and great in all conditions.

Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner's Reviews

12-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Look very aggressive. Very quiet. Excellent in snow. Price.
Cons: We'll see.....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hated stock tires (sport unlimited 17" wheels). Wanted something aggressive looking that fits the look of a jeep better. I will do no hardcore off-roading, but see tons of snow. These were extremely highly rated in their class on Tire Rack independent of price. Factor in a great price=win. Rated excellent in snow and longevity. I made it up my long steep snow covered driveway in two wheel drive! I do have limited slip though.

edge2046
edge2046's Reviews
11-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: General Grabber Red Letter great in the rocks,mud. Even in the colorado mountains they havent been chewed up to bad yet
Cons: they are OK in the snow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love my General Grabber Red Letter I wouldnt trade them for anything. only Diffrence I want is 33" tires thats all.

holder14
holder14's Reviews
09-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Very aggressive tread pattern. Offroad abilities are great. Very quiet going down the highway, and not just for an agressive tire. These are quiet for any tire!!
Cons: Feel unstable driving on road right away... only have them a short while so not sure if that will improve.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really am happy with these tires. They look great, and perform amazing offroad. They are very quiet going down the highway, i can hardly hear them at all. They do seem to be unstable driving on road tho. It almost like u can feel the tread shifting slightly so it makes the jeep wobble almost. This "wobble" is not that bad tho, and no its not anything like death wobble.
Overall they are a great tire and given the chance i would still purchase these tmrw if i needed.

bustedcountry
bustedcountry's Reviews
08-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Look mean
Cons: Valve Stems go bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires used, they came with a jeep i've since parted out. They look sick with the black tire on black rims. They came with plenty of tread, but aren't so loud on the road.

bustedcountry
bustedcountry's Reviews
08-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Look mean.
Cons: Valve Stems go bad, but that's an easy fix.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires used, already on the rims. They look mean with the black tire on the black rim. They came with lots of tread remaining on them.

MY99XJ

MY99XJ's Reviews
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Nice tire, decent price
Cons: none yet!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great in all weather and offroad conditions. perfect for my DD and moderate trail truck!

tamaqua03
tamaqua03's Reviews
05-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Price: $712.61
Pros: Good tire
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I cant quite write a review yet because ive only put a few hundred miles on them but they seem awesome.

60mg
60mg's Reviews
04-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Relatively quiet for the type of tire it is.
Cons: None found
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for exploratory vehicle. Works great on pavement as well as off-road

EmeraldGreen
EmeraldGreen's Reviews
04-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Quality ride. Not too loud. Great traction in snow and mud. They seem to be wearing well too. Nice looking tire as well. Aggressive looking tread. I like them much better than my last set of BFG AT's. Better ride. Better tread wear. very nice tire.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quality ride. Not too loud. Great traction in snow and mud. They seem to be wearing well too. Nice looking tire as well. Aggressive looking tread. I like them much better than my last set of BFG AT's. Better ride. Better tread wear. very nice tire. Would buy another set for sure.

otakurx

otakurx's Reviews
01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Great in snow, slush and the bit of mud I've had them in.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love these tires, been great in all the weather an off-road conditions I've come across. We have lots of rocks and exposed tree roots here and they just grab and pull the lil TJ right along.

96XJ0507
96XJ0507's Reviews
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Price: $530.00
Pros: Great price after shipping. Great tread, moderate road noise, and did I mention great tread.
Cons: not BFG's. Having to explain why I didn't spend 160/tire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had these now for 2 months and taken them through snow (not real good in slush) and mud (lots of mud, the kind that isn't watery) with good results. Overall I would buy them again without reservations.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »