Product Information
Price $800
Rating 4
Average Price $299.21
Manufacturer General
Recommended Yes: 119 / No: 2

From General's site:

Grabber? AT2
An all-terrain tire with an attitude, the Grabber? AT2 has an aggressive tread pattern that provides extreme traction in the harshest environments.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 3
Pros Good a/t tire, look nice, work very well in rain, good wear/lifetime
Cons Not great in mud
Recommended yes

Comments: From this thread: http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291003

I have these tires on my rig..

I have used mine offroad quite a bit, and in mud they work well for an A/T, but I still do find them a bit lacking. This can be expected though as they are not really a mud tire. In rain they are a dream, and perform really well from light rain to a downpour. Hitting a big puddle at a good speed yields good results with very little or no slippage.

They are nice and smooth and quiet on pavement, from in town to the highway. They are also very stable on gravel, even loose gravel at 50mph. Judging gravel performance in comparison to my old vehicle though, a 2002 Saturn with bald tires.

One of my tires is out of round a bit, so I threw that one on the rear-passenger corner. Another one is roughly 6 ounces out of weight, and that was easily take care of by getting them balanced. I don't feel these inconsintencies on the highway really, but it does make me question the quality of the tire.

If you're looking for something that's inexpensive and a good bang for your buck, I would recommend them, but make sure you get them balanced/weighted properly before you toss that reciept.

#3 ·
Rating 5
Pros agressive looks, great traction, low price
Cons havent found any yet
Recommended yes

Comments: i got these tires on my jeep a few weeks ago. on the road they are quiet and give a great ride. the traction in the rain is excellent and i havent experienced any slippage with them yet. i have done a little offroading and they have provided plenty of traction with sand, loose gravel, and light mud but i havent been in any serious muddy situations yet so only time will tell there. for the price i paid $110 a piece for the 30x9.5x15 i say its a great tire and would recommend it for anyone looking for an inexpensive a/t tire.

#4 ·
Price $110
Rating 4
Pros excelent traction mangable price
Cons tricky to balance
Recommended yes

Comments: went with these because tread pattern equal to BFG's at less $$. Have 12K on them now only 2/32" worn. Had to air way down to keep full tread pattern on pavement. No spin out yet mud or snow, good on trail but not enough side lug for serious rocks. Will re- eval. after 20K more.

#6 ·
Price $87
Rating 4
Pros price, tread pattern
Cons hard to find dealers, so ordered from tirerack
Recommended yes

Comments: picked up a set of 235/70R16 for my 06 KJ. vast improvement over the stock goodyear wrangler st's. similar tread pattern to BFG AT KO's but 40% cheaper.

will see how they go over time.

#7 ·
Price $70
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Has done wonders in the woods when going deer hunting. Everybody thought Id get stuck but it managed nicely. Handles very well in the snow also. Tread pattern is somewhat like the BFG a/t which is why I got them, along with the cheaper price. Not the best tire for going through mud but is still very sufficient. Would have rated a 10 if not for the mud.

#10 ·
Price $396
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed the 30x9.5x15s and they have a lot more aggressive tread than I was expecting. I have only driven them in the rain and on dry pavement, and I like them a lot so far. I expect them to be a very good tire for a DD that sees some off road action. For the price, they can't be beat.

#16 ·
Price $40
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: I am currently running General All Terrain LT's, not grabber AT2's. For being as cheap as they are, I can't complain, I haven't gotten stuck.. yet.

#17 ·
Price $177
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Too early to review... I'll just rate on price. I'll be able to write a full review after the trip to the Rockies.

#18 ·
Price $125
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome tire so far. Very manageable road noise, wearing great thus far.

#19 ·
Price $384
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: THESE are awesome tires, i have 30x9.5r15's and i love em, plus their cheap!!

#23 ·
Price $115
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great tires for the price! I paid around $115/tire for 30x9.5R15's. Tread is similar to the BFG AT's but looks a little more agressive and it is definitely a softer compound. The General Grabber AT2's have a 60k treadwear warranty.

I haven't driven in the snow with them yet, but this particular size (30x9.5) is rated for severe snow, so I am expecting them to perform very well.

For the first 200 miles, they didn't have the best rain traction. However now that they are broken in, they grip very well on both wet and dry pavement.

Off road and on dirt/gravel roads, they tend to pick up a lot of rocks (very deep tread). I don't do extreme off road, but these tires seem to work well in a little bit of mud and they grip dirt roads with no problem.

I would definitely recommend these tires. They are perfect for someone who drives on the highway but still wants some winter and off road traction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.