Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > General Grabber AT2

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

General Grabber AT2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

General Grabber AT2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $305.04
Manufacturer: General
Recommended?
Yes: 113 / No: 2

From General's site:

Grabber™ AT2
An all-terrain tire with an attitude, the Grabber™ AT2 has an aggressive tread pattern that provides extreme traction in the harshest environments.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

Rhinoed_ZJ
Rhinoed_ZJ's Reviews

08-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Aggressive for an A/T tire, not too loud, grips well on slick rocks
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires a few months ago for my 97 ZJ. I was getting the death wobble really bad and tried a few different things and this was one of them. These tires ride very smooth and helped pretty much cure my DW, for the time being anyway lol. They are pretty quiet at 65 mph which was surprising. They are nice and aggressive for an A/T tire and grip really well on slippery rocks. Can't wait for some snow to mess around in. Definitely buying another set when the time comes.

csacharuk
csacharuk's Reviews

07-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Price: $620.00
Pros: Aggressive tread Quiet on pavement Well built Look great on WK
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put a pair of 265/70/17 on my 2005 WK and love them so far. I have NOT noticed any significant changes in gas mileage, but considering it's summer and I'm running A/C it is hard to tell. No complaints what so ever about tire noise, these are quiet both on and off the highway. Havn't had the chance to take them offroad yet, but I don't doubt at all that they will preform well with their aggressive tread. No slippage/hydo in rain. Waiting to see how they are in the snow...but that will be a couple months.

I got a phenomenal deal on a set of these. $620 with balancing, mounting, new valve stems, old tires disposed of and alignment.

ribeye88
ribeye88's Reviews
06-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Price: $143.00
Pros: Road noise is minimal
Cons: Should have gotten LT's instead.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Road noise ain't loud. It gets me through the mud and puddles.

Mulvihill64

Mulvihill64's Reviews
05-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Good construction, aggressive tread
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice tire. Pretty aggressive tread for an A/T, and they perform well in most situations, aside from deep mud. Would definitely buy again, if I was looking for an A/T

Skiff1776
Skiff1776's Reviews

05-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Pros: Great looks, great price, good ride
Cons: None to speak of yet. But just installed today.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've a 2007 JK with a 2"AEV body lift. These tires are rubbing against the front break lines and ABS line. I put them on the stock 16" steel rims today. I'm going to add wheel spacers and will post how that works

They look and ride great. No humming on pavement. I'll have them out on the trails this weekend.

angrysnails
angrysnails's Reviews
05-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Price: $630.00
Pros: Best tire I've owned. Very aggressive for an A/T and reasonably priced.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Thrilled with my tire choice. Wanted an aggressive tire, but did not want another M/T. I had 31x10.5x15 Destination M/T's on my XJ and was unhappy with how poorly they wore. Even with proper rotation they wore unevenly and chunked. Plus I do not go off-road as often anymore. I needed a great all around tire for highways, dirt roads, and snow. This tire exceeds all my expectations and I will be purchasing a new set in 50k or so.

Penguin_Jeep
Penguin_Jeep's Reviews

04-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Pros: Very good in all conditions, lots miles out of a set
Cons: Picked up the odd nail, but thats probably my my heavy foot
Recommended? No

Comments: Excellent in deep snow and off road conditions. Sunshine and rain cause no cause for concern, even with spirited driving - I've never felt i needed more grip on a tight bend out on country roads.

fohringer89
fohringer89's Reviews
04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Pros: Quite ride wear nice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall good tire for the dd and weekend warrior. Haven't tryed any other tire yet but I really like these tires

thecalkid
thecalkid's Reviews
03-28-2014, 03:22 AM
Price: $162.00
Pros: Meaty aggressive looks, quieter than most MT, great in snow, awesome in mud, does really well in rain, durable, warranty
Cons: very slight hum at highway speeds
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires look great on the WK! They turn heads and get compliments everywhere I go! I am running the 265/70/17 so they did require having the RC 2 inch lift, 1.5" wheel spacers, and the pinchweld mod. The stance looks great and the tires give you awesome traction in snow, mud, gravel, rain or what ever nature throws at you. There is however a little more of a hum when driving on the road.

Murrari
Murrari's Reviews
03-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Price: $157.00
Pros: Inexpensive, perform well.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I enjoy these tires, they are quiet on road, perform well in snow, and perform well off-road. If you want a decent all-terrain tire this is it!

CHULOGORDO82
CHULOGORDO82's Reviews
03-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Price: $770.00
Pros: loose dirty 8/10 rocks dry 8/10 look 10/10 snow 8/10 3ft deep water 8/10
Cons: mud 6/10 wet rocks 6/10
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Aired down to 20 psi
Got me through the green trails at Rausch creek
Looks good on the dub

GreenliftedTJ97

GreenliftedTJ97's Reviews

02-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: one of the smoothest riding tires I have ever had. Great traction in rain, snow & dry weather.
Cons: haven't found one
Recommended? Yes

Comments: contrary to what other say here, this is one of the smoothest riding tires I have ever seen. I came off of Cooper ATR's for reference. Very happy with them.

crom
crom's Reviews
12-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Price: $148.00
Pros: Affordable, good as BFG ATs, better than Goodyear Wrangler ATs
Cons: none I have found
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lightweight - helps mileage, good traction for all conditions - have not tried in mud.

cbenke01
cbenke01's Reviews
12-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: A lot better traction. Cheaper version of bfg
Cons: Might grab too much
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these off tire rack. Ordered Thursday came Friday. The grabbers grab!! Need to invest in mudflaps cuz it kicks up mud. Work great in mud and snow

andrewk
andrewk's Reviews
11-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Price: $133.00
Pros: nice ride.good in snow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great for price,nice ride, had them for years on several vehicles

OlYellerTJ
OlYellerTJ's Reviews

07-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Price: $620.00
Pros: Aggressive tread pattern, and better price point than BFG All Terrain T/A. Excellent dry and wet pavement traction; haven't used them in snow or mud, yet... Quiet tread design
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My 2002 Sport is my DD but I do like to go out for a little light wheeling. I bought a set of four 30X9.5X15 to replace a very worn, inferior set of LT A/T tires. I looked at several other brands of tires that are highly recommended on several Jeep and 4X4 forums but I kept coming back to the General Grabber AT2. American made, reasonable price point, and two different tire dealers recommended them over the other, most comparable tire.

With over 5K miles on them, and one rotation, I am very pleased with them. They ride well for a LT tire when properly aired up or down as the situation demands. I haven't hit ice, real mud or snow yet but wonderful traction on and off road, wet and dry Vs my old tires. And they look good, too. They get my recommendation!

Penguin_Jeep
Penguin_Jeep's Reviews

04-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Good grip in mud and snow. Low noise. Good drip on the dry.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent, Had the original Grabber AT on my old ZJ and ran for 50,000 Miles and still had 5mm in tread left.
The AT2 is holding up well, expecting maybe 40k - out of the set.
Better than many competitors on variety of terrain they can perform well on and they also represent good value.

joshtarmy1
joshtarmy1's Reviews
03-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great traction in snow and rain. havent tried in mud yet.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire all around, I sell and change tires at a tire shop and I always recommend these.

PAJeep6
PAJeep6's Reviews
03-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Great traction in all types of conditions. They are cheaper than BFG AT KOs and perform just as well
Cons: I don't have any complaints
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I LOVE these tires and have had them on 2 different vehicles so far. I will continue to buy them.

CanaanTSA5

CanaanTSA5's Reviews
02-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Price: $108.00
Pros: Great in Snow, Mud, Sand, Dirt, Anything I throw at it
Cons: Low profile, but whatever
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires are amazing. The tread is about an inch thick, and the tires are just brutally tough. I have never once been stuck in Mud or Snow with these tires. They have taken me through 18" of fresh heavy snow, uphill at a 30° Angle. Not many tires can help you with that one. I do a lot of Highway driving as well and these tires are silent. When I bought my Jeep they had Wranglers on them, and these Grabbers are quieter, oddly enough. All in all, it's the only tire I will be putting on my Jeep from now on.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »