Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > General - General Grabber

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

General - General Grabber Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

General - General Grabber

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $299.96
Average Price: $237.07
Manufacturer: General
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.generaltire.com/tires/Grabber

This is what General Tire has to say about their tire.

Features:
3-Ply Construction
Reactive Contour Technology
Race inspired sidewall design
Acoustic Modulation Sound Technology (AMST)
Patented Strake & Chamfer tread Pattern

Benefits:
Race proven 3-Ply construction provides driving confidence under the world's most extreme conditions
Even tread wear throughout the life of the tire
Multi-angled sidewall protectors help prevent punctures. Competition inspired red letters
Sound wave suppression that works to reduce road noise
Delivers high levels of off-road traction while providing smooth on-road performance

Grabber– Red Letter Care Instructions and other Information
What not to do with the Grabber red lettering:
Do not use gas, alcohol or petroleum based solvents.
Do not use direct high-pressure water.
Avoid rough brushes or any other abrasive materials.

Red Lettering does age during service and may change slightly in appearance:

If hit by debris or curbs, the red lettering may show areas of damage.
In the case of noticeable discoloration, the red lettering should be cleaned with special car cleaners designed for rubber and plastics.
Apply small amount of cleaner on soft towel and carefully wipe evenly over the red lettering.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

facelessWJ
facelessWJ's Reviews
04-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Beefy lookin tire. Solid ride quality
Cons: A little thinner than I had hoped for
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are a lot quieter than I had anticipated as well as being more narrow than I thought they would be. Photos make them look super wide! But they are an awesome tire.

tightjibbs
tightjibbs's Reviews
03-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Great tread, grip, strength
Cons: Heavy as all hell
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Giant 35" tires are a bit much.. Gonna replace soon. But they did great in the desert and in the slop of California rains

texasmedic1
texasmedic1's Reviews

02-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Price: $188.00
Pros: Not noisy on the road hold good in the rain`
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just put a set of 35 12.5 15 on my 2009 JK. They are Great tires. It rained all day the other day and I never slipped once, I did with the Goodyear. They look great and have done great. I have not tested them off road yet but cannt wait. I have heard good things. The are not rough riding unless you are slow rolling to a stop sign. Then you feel them but not bad.

ChristianCuba
ChristianCuba's Reviews
01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: You won't need to use your 4x4 as often, these will get you out just fine
Cons: More noise on the road but I don't mind
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great tires and I would most definitely buy them again. The red letters add a great look to it as you drive by anyone

jawgaboy441
jawgaboy441's Reviews
12-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Price: $189.00
Pros: quiet long life
Cons: not for mud or ice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great wear pattern and long life. not great for ice or in mud the tread is to compact so doesn't grab enough.

CaptainDCD
CaptainDCD's Reviews
09-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Quiet , great in rain, pavement, haven't tried off road yet
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had these tires for almost 6 months now...no complaints

kvantate
kvantate's Reviews
01-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great traction in mud, dirt and sand
Cons: HEAVY, not very good in snow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire for the price, VERY heavy and durable. Need a little more power to get them spinning. Lack of siping in tread leads to poor snow traction, but large tread blocks gives great traction off road. Surprisingly quite for a mud-terrain style tread. All in all very happy with them so far. I have a set of snows to run in the winter so the lack of snow traction isnt a big deal to me

Raptor0206

Raptor0206's Reviews

12-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Price: $182.00
Pros: Looks good Performs great wet, dry, and dirty.
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So i have had my general grabbers for a while now. So far i like them a lot. In the rain tonight my jeep didnt slip or slide anywhere. The tires felt like they were glued to the ground. On my old 98 i had the same size tires in BFG AT's and they would loose traction all the time in the rain. On the dry road they are perfect the big lugs really help holding my line when im going fast in a turn. Off road they grip instead of slip. Only thing i do not like about them is they are heavy for a 33. Tires look new after a few thousand miles.

blackdragonfish
blackdragonfish's Reviews
06-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Price: $186.67
Pros: Quieter ride Excellent tarmac grip Great trail grip
Cons: Tire tread life
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ran Dayton Timberline's on my Jeep before these so that is what I'm making all my comparisons to. When my tires started to wear down I knew I'd have to replace them with something else seeing that the Dayton's were no longer made. I read many reviews and decided on the General Grabber. Not a fan of the red lettering on the side but it eventually grew on me. The Grabber's so far have been fantastic. They ride much quieter then the Dayton's. They also have better grip on asphalt. They seem to preform about the same off road however I haven't done anything more then simple trails thus far. They cut through standing water on the road like it wasn't even there. The only glitch I think I'm going to face is tire life. I got 5 years out of the Dayton's and I did a lot of aggressive highway driving and off roading. However I put these on in March and now its June and I have gone from 19/32nds tread to 16/32nds in that time. I haven't done any hard off roading and I have made about 6 long highway runs in that time. So I feel I maybe looking for new tires before this time next year. I'm sure it has to do with the softer rubber but I'm sure that is what gives them the great grip and quieter ride. I will keep an update on their wear life.