Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Firestone Destination MT

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Firestone Destination MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Firestone Destination MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $12,495,504.10
Manufacturer: Firestone
Recommended?
Yes: 74 / No: 2

The Destination M/T is an Off-Road Maximum Traction tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire the looks and performance associated with rugged off-road driving. The Destination M/T is the first Firestone light truck tire to use UNI-T technology to combine off-road traction with enhanced on-road capabilities. UNI-T is a combination of technologies that merge a comprehensive design method with innovative manufacturing features to enhance tire comfort, performance and wear.

The Destination M/T features a Long Link Carbon (a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black) enhanced tread compound to improve wet performance and wear on the road while maintaining cut, tear and abrasion resistance off the road. The tread compound is molded into a symmetric tread design comprised of deep lugs and an over-the-shoulder tread/lug design that features alternating width shoulder lugs with a low 23-degree attack angle to provide the biting edges necessary to dig down, as well as, claw at the sides of ruts to generate pulling power. Rim Guard Off-Road Protector Ribs molded on the sidewalls help deflect off-road debris from between the tire bead and rim area, keeping the lower sidewall stiffer and allowing the bead to fit tighter to the rim. On the inside, the Destination M/T combines twin, high-tensile steel cord belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped nylon cap ply with Firestone's Dura-Loc 3.0 (a 3-ply polyester cord body) to enhance durability and highway stability.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

ski74d3
ski74d3's Reviews

05-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ....................

Jonman03
Jonman03's Reviews

05-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $115.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Solid on and off road tire. Very reasonable, one of the highest rated in the category on TireRack.

JNC995
JNC995's Reviews

04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look great, don't gum up

01silverTJ
01silverTJ's Reviews

04-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent tire

muddnugget

muddnugget's Reviews

04-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually Dayton Timberline MTs

dogboy6464

dogboy6464's Reviews

04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Too new to tell so far so good

Ds4x4

Ds4x4's Reviews

04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $145.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire so far plenty of miles with little wear..

beerheer

beerheer's Reviews

04-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Of course they wear kind of fast, but that is to be expected out of a mud tire. Nice thing is that they wear evenly! Great tires overall, very pleased.

nick418
nick418's Reviews

04-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $133.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent quite Mud Tires

osuwillys05
osuwillys05's Reviews

04-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $740.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires. Sound good down the road in town and perform great on some backcountry trails. Currently running 31x10.5 - most likely upgrading this summer to 33x12.5

Bears Fan
Bears Fan's Reviews

03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $725.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tire. Took my buddy with me Jeepin at Badlands and he was very impressed. He had an '04 with Mickey Thompson Baja Claws and told me about 3 times that his wouldn't have made through some of the areas we went with mine.

Scottso699

Scottso699's Reviews

03-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $159.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Tires and price - although I have heard they are now quite pricy - last check at a Firestone store put them at an alarming $250 a tire!

jeepinjames20

jeepinjames20's Reviews

03-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this tire is by far the best tire i have ever used. Its just aggressive enough to get me through most anything even in 2wd and when it comes to bite these have alot of it

BlaineWasHere

BecauseRacecar
BlaineWasHere's Reviews

07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Pros: Great traction in most conditions.
Cons: Some chunking
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these tires over a year and love them. The have really nice road holding for a MT and are great offroad. I have had minor casses of chunking though.

dbell54
dbell54's Reviews

04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Pros: Great traction on mud and rock, wet and dry streets, good treadwear
Cons: Chunking of blocks on rock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've got 30000 on a set of these and they've still got enough life for my next trip out to Colorado and NM from east TX. I'll buy another set when I return! They stick like glue and aren't too noisy for mudders.

barry1me

barry1me's Reviews

03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Pros: Excellent traction in any condition, minimal road noise for a MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these on for over 8000 miles and am very impressed with them. They wear excellent. Road noise is less then my BFG AT's. The ride is also better then my BFG AT's. Overall I think this is one of the best kept secrets for MT tires that will be used as a DD.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4