Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Firestone Destination MT

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Firestone Destination MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Firestone Destination MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $12,495,504.10
Manufacturer: Firestone
Recommended?
Yes: 74 / No: 2

The Destination M/T is an Off-Road Maximum Traction tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire the looks and performance associated with rugged off-road driving. The Destination M/T is the first Firestone light truck tire to use UNI-T technology to combine off-road traction with enhanced on-road capabilities. UNI-T is a combination of technologies that merge a comprehensive design method with innovative manufacturing features to enhance tire comfort, performance and wear.

The Destination M/T features a Long Link Carbon (a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black) enhanced tread compound to improve wet performance and wear on the road while maintaining cut, tear and abrasion resistance off the road. The tread compound is molded into a symmetric tread design comprised of deep lugs and an over-the-shoulder tread/lug design that features alternating width shoulder lugs with a low 23-degree attack angle to provide the biting edges necessary to dig down, as well as, claw at the sides of ruts to generate pulling power. Rim Guard Off-Road Protector Ribs molded on the sidewalls help deflect off-road debris from between the tire bead and rim area, keeping the lower sidewall stiffer and allowing the bead to fit tighter to the rim. On the inside, the Destination M/T combines twin, high-tensile steel cord belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped nylon cap ply with Firestone's Dura-Loc 3.0 (a 3-ply polyester cord body) to enhance durability and highway stability.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

captnemo1965
captnemo1965's Reviews

03-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $156.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good! After they were put on they pulled to the right. I switched sides and now they seem fine. I've only had them 14 hours, but I'll be sure to put them to use. I was able to climb a huge snow in 2 wheel drive in reverse, so that's great.

brand0nlp

brand0nlp's Reviews

02-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tire bit noisy but over all great cleans out well, doesnt wear to fast yet anyway

04tjor
04tjor's Reviews

02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I drive my TJ rocky mountain edition every day. Put the Destination M/T on at about 12,000 miles with 4" rough country lift kit. They work great aren't too noisy. Just right. Still have plenty of tread at 46,000 miles now.

horatio102
Web Wheeler
horatio102's Reviews

02-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $830.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'll edit this once I actually go wheeling on them. Not much to tell right now, except I got all 5 for $830 including the road hazard warranty during the 30% off sale they had the other week. I was torn on going 33 or 35, and decided to bite the bullet and get 33s. Discount had a set of 4 KM2s that they'd sell for $800, but this was only $30 more for an extra tire, AND road warranty.

ArchAngelixi
ArchAngelixi's Reviews

02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $197.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Jeep is my daily driver so I wanted tires that would still maintain my ride quality while still being aggressive enough to handle dirt, sand, snow, etc. These tires are amazing...of course theres a bit of road noise but hey...I'm an equal oppotunity offender =) and that is to be expected out of A/T and M/T tires. These tires dont even falter in deep snow, and they love the mud...could use a little better sand traction but im not sure many tires that would do better without having trophy truck paddles...

AshsUnlimited
AshsUnlimited's Reviews

02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good all around tire. Works well in all terrain types. 31x10.5 is the size I have.

flash2pablo
flash2pablo's Reviews

02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good tire, but but because of the price I will probably be buying another type of tire when i go bigger soon.

Doogie1022
Doogie1022's Reviews

02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Pros: Good Clean out, good wear
Cons: slippery on snowy pavement
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, I put about 40000mi (65000km)on them and they were great. I also found them a bit slick on snowy roads as another reviewer mentioned.

Ezalycasaid

Ezalycasaid's Reviews

01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Dont know much about my tires just yet. But so far after having them offroad for about a month in snow,ice, and sloppy mud threw hills I havent had to put my jeep into 4wd more then a couple of times.

ckhanna71
ckhanna71's Reviews

12-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires off road but very very slick on snow covered pavement. Unload really fast and grip the dirt well.

wthero
wthero's Reviews

12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tires quiet and good traction have to air down alot but over all great

ski2008
ski2008's Reviews

10-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just put these tires on the vehicle. So far so good. I have no complaints on the product. They are really quite and very smooth on the road.

flexnutsWJ01
flexnutsWJ01's Reviews

10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well rounded tires, make sure to rotate. Good traction in all terrains, little roar

jeepdad56
jeepdad56's Reviews

09-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Pros: Great wear,clean great in mud
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have these on my son's ZJ and we just love them!! We have pulled people out of mud holes in 2wd while never getting stuck ourselves. Great looking/performing tire!

dukie564

dukie564's Reviews

08-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $495.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME TIRE! Excellent wear, excellent grip, look BADASS. Have had people yell to me while driving and at stoplights to find out where i got them

batjeep13

batjeep13's Reviews

07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This review is based on my initial impression of these tires. It was raining when I bought them. I can say that they do very well on wet pavement. Hopefully they will see some mud soon. They certainly look tough enough!

toplessndirty
toplessndirty's Reviews

07-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x12.50
Tires go great down the road and not bad down the trail.
Look good

frankd59
frankd59's Reviews

07-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $154.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tires provide excellent traction both on and off road. They are a little noisy from the zero to 5mph zone but after that they quiet down a bit.

vitaminwater
vitaminwater's Reviews

07-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $139.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really good tires...good grip on road, excellent grip off road. 75charactersssssssssssssss

sadass

sadass's Reviews

06-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $189.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can like them better then my last set of Pro comp mud terain, and bfg Mud. Agressive and quiet go figure

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last