Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Firestone Destination MT

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Firestone Destination MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Firestone Destination MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $12,495,504.10
Manufacturer: Firestone
Recommended?
Yes: 74 / No: 2

The Destination M/T is an Off-Road Maximum Traction tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire the looks and performance associated with rugged off-road driving. The Destination M/T is the first Firestone light truck tire to use UNI-T technology to combine off-road traction with enhanced on-road capabilities. UNI-T is a combination of technologies that merge a comprehensive design method with innovative manufacturing features to enhance tire comfort, performance and wear.

The Destination M/T features a Long Link Carbon (a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black) enhanced tread compound to improve wet performance and wear on the road while maintaining cut, tear and abrasion resistance off the road. The tread compound is molded into a symmetric tread design comprised of deep lugs and an over-the-shoulder tread/lug design that features alternating width shoulder lugs with a low 23-degree attack angle to provide the biting edges necessary to dig down, as well as, claw at the sides of ruts to generate pulling power. Rim Guard Off-Road Protector Ribs molded on the sidewalls help deflect off-road debris from between the tire bead and rim area, keeping the lower sidewall stiffer and allowing the bead to fit tighter to the rim. On the inside, the Destination M/T combines twin, high-tensile steel cord belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped nylon cap ply with Firestone's Dura-Loc 3.0 (a 3-ply polyester cord body) to enhance durability and highway stability.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

dons_jeep

dons_jeep's Reviews
03-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Great in all Weather, Aggressive, Handling, Tread Design, Excellent in Mud, Snow, Price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great tire, excellent in the mud, the snow and in rain and ice. Self clearing tread design is a huge plus when both on the trail or in snow. Tires wear evenly and are longer lasting then the old Wranglers I had. Truly a great tire.

niles6284

niles6284's Reviews
02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Excellent in mud, not a lot of road noise in cab.
Cons: bit slippery in the snow but they work
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are alright tires, got a really good deal on them so I thoguht I would try them out, great in the mud, snow not really excellent but they work. But I would recommend them to anyone

rjfster
rjfster's Reviews
01-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Price: $162.99
Pros: great on the trails, still good on the street.
Cons: No siping, not terrible but not the greatest in wet weather. a little noisy, but nothing bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product, hasnt really shown any wear yet. does great in the snow. a little noisy not super swampers, but louder than the Dick Cepeks.

gunnerscherlin
gunnerscherlin's Reviews
11-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great traction and clears mud right out.
Cons: Soft tires so they wear fairly quickly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good tire just wears quickly

SQUARElights4me

SQUARElights4me's Reviews
11-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Price: $147.00
Pros: Excellent in the mud and snow. OK in the rain.
Cons: Very noisy on the pavement. But they are mud terrains....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have only put 1300 miles on these tires but i have excellent traction on the trail. they are great on rocks, mud, snow, and gravel. I would definitely buy these tires again.

nick418
nick418's Reviews

11-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Not to loud. Nice tread pattern design.
Cons: 31X10.5 was to small. Go 33's. Wear very quick.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good overall mudding/off road tire. Its not loud like other off road tires.

lethalaudio
lethalaudio's Reviews
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Not real loud on the interstate, aggressive looks, good performace.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like them so far. They arent to loud for a mud tire on the interstate and handle really well. Oh and they definitely grab some serious mud. I would recommend them to anyone! The size I have are 30x9.5x15, on my stock rims.

AuburnZj
AuburnZj's Reviews
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Wide, tall lugs, great for muddin. agressive tread pattern good on rocks
Cons: Noisy as hell on the road, not much sidewall protection.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wide, tall lugs, great for muddin. agressive tread pattern good on rocks, airs down well. Noisy as hell on the road, not much sidewall protection.

gecko4x4
gecko4x4's Reviews
07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Big and Beefy
Cons: Will Eventually Wear Out in a zillion years.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice Tires. Track true and sound great. Looks awsome. Great deal when you get one free

nikeo02
nikeo02's Reviews
07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Nice look, durable, quiet and works well in mud.
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice MT, very quiet and they keep themselves clean

pgawrestler112
pgawrestler112's Reviews
07-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Price: $168.00
Pros: lot of tread to start with suprizingly smooth ride
Cons: noisy at top speeds
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they have a very rough look to them and give a mean feel

RainingThunder6
RainingThunder6's Reviews
03-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: They are super duper good haha
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i was looking all around for tires. i was going to get the mickey thompson baja m/t's but i got these instead. they are comparable to super swampers in my opinion

leoorion
leoorion's Reviews

03-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: throw gobs of mud like a 4 year old making mud pies
Cons: wore faster than expected
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I work as an outdoor hunting guide, no doubt when i have to get somewhere I have to get there. These tires preform spectacular in mud and snow. at about 20000 miles the wear is catching up fast was hoping to get more mileage out of them. but hey they are a mud tire

snowcrawlr619

snowcrawlr619's Reviews
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Price: $874,658,734.00
Pros: great in mud with a nice aggressive look
Cons: slides very easy on wet roads
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ive gotten through mud holes that i was sure id get stuck in without even having to use 4wd. not too bad in thick snow either. however in the rain they are a nightmare. but i love them. plus they came with the jeep when i bought it

TrailRated01
TrailRated01's Reviews
10-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: quiet for a mudder, wearing very well
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These replaced some Mastercraft Courser MTs that lasted less than two years. I wanted something that would last longer, but I wanted to keep the mud tread. So far, they have worn very well. I detect almost no tread wear after five months. So far, very pleased.

lathan888
lathan888's Reviews

08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Super aggressive
Cons: non so far
Recommended? No

Comments: I decided not to lift my XJ for now so installed these Firestone Destination MTs in 235/75-15 size. It REALLY changed the look of the jeep. These tires are super aggressive, much more in person vs pics.

I have been very pleased. They ride very nice and smooth...even compared to the car tires in 225 size that were on the jeep before. Road manners have been great. They are not loud as I would expect, quite nice. I can barely hear them between 25 and about 40...other than that- quiet.

I have had them about a week but did a lot of reasearch and found they wear very well. I will post more comments once I take em offroad and get more miles.

cherokeewomen
cherokeewomen's Reviews

06-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Awesome in the mud!Not loud for M/T`s 30x9.50R15
Cons: none yet!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: We read about these tires on this forum and then found out Firestone was having a buy 3 get1 free sale!
Very Happy with the tires I stay in 2wd most of the time now.
good in the rain also.

Special_Z28

Special_Z28's Reviews
06-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Very Beefy Lugs..
Cons: Maybe the sidewall? Seems kinda thin..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Around 1,000 miles so far. Great in the rain,..fairly quite(I've gotten used to the swampers tho)/High pitch hum..I feel they will preform equivalent if not better than the BFG MT KMs..Feel better now I went with the 33x12.50s.

dumped
dumped's Reviews

04-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $900.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far only had on road in dry, wet, and snowy conditions. Not very loud, look aggressive, drive nice on the road.

RoninRubicon88
RoninRubicon88's Reviews

03-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Firestone Destination MT
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Tires. Quiet on road and capable off road. Look great on the Jeep. They feel great off road. I have never worried if I had enough tread to be some where. Great in snow, mud, gravel, dirt, everything.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last