Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Firestone Destination MT

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Firestone Destination MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Firestone Destination MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $12,495,504.10
Manufacturer: Firestone
Recommended?
Yes: 74 / No: 2

The Destination M/T is an Off-Road Maximum Traction tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire the looks and performance associated with rugged off-road driving. The Destination M/T is the first Firestone light truck tire to use UNI-T technology to combine off-road traction with enhanced on-road capabilities. UNI-T is a combination of technologies that merge a comprehensive design method with innovative manufacturing features to enhance tire comfort, performance and wear.

The Destination M/T features a Long Link Carbon (a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black) enhanced tread compound to improve wet performance and wear on the road while maintaining cut, tear and abrasion resistance off the road. The tread compound is molded into a symmetric tread design comprised of deep lugs and an over-the-shoulder tread/lug design that features alternating width shoulder lugs with a low 23-degree attack angle to provide the biting edges necessary to dig down, as well as, claw at the sides of ruts to generate pulling power. Rim Guard Off-Road Protector Ribs molded on the sidewalls help deflect off-road debris from between the tire bead and rim area, keeping the lower sidewall stiffer and allowing the bead to fit tighter to the rim. On the inside, the Destination M/T combines twin, high-tensile steel cord belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped nylon cap ply with Firestone's Dura-Loc 3.0 (a 3-ply polyester cord body) to enhance durability and highway stability.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Gainer

Gainer's Reviews

01-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great in the mud, pretty good on the rocks
Cons: they are HORRIBLE on packed snow and ice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires when it comes to running the trails in the spring, summer and fall.
I would not put them on a daily driver if you are in the snow/rust belt. They have next to no grip in the packed snow or ice.

Michel347
Michel347's Reviews

01-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Nice on road handling Nice trail handling Pretty good off road
Cons: Vibration at low speed Seems to wear fast
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They were on when I got my 2012 JK, which had 12,500 miles on it, and they were at half tread. Since then I've only put 3100 miles before I swapped them for dedicated winter tires and haven't notice any wear, so it is difficult for me to comment on that since I don't know how they were run before.

They handle great on road, dry and wet, much more than I expected, as expected they are a bit Noisy and they vibrate at low speed (10 mph and less). For an E rated tire, they are comfortable.

They are very good off road and in trails, mud and lite sand included, (I cannot speak about deep loose sand).

If I can get good tread wear out of them with my own driving, I will certainly get another set.

W07F
W07F's Reviews
10-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Price: $1,011.00
Pros: Meaty, relatively low highway noise.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The price I put up there is what it cost me to get 4 of these tires, get them mounted and balanced, and a lifetime alignment at my local Firestone. I haven't put them through too much yet, but I've had zero issue going out through some quad trails and through some creek beds, without even engaging 4wd.

lander2312
lander2312's Reviews
09-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: ride good
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: brand new so will have to see. so far so good

Newtons3

Newtons3's Reviews
07-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Phenomenal mud radial.
Cons: Ice. Ice. Ice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are the best mud radials I've ever owned. They do not quit. They do more in 2wd than a bunch of them do in 4wd. They are sketchy in heavy rain and water at speed. I must warn you, as good as they are in the mud, they SUCK in the ice. Worst ice tires EVER. However, we have no ice in South Louisiana, so great tire.

treylt
treylt's Reviews
07-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: good ride, quiet, and great grip
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33 12.50x15 has a very smooth quiet ride and very good traction on and off road

cjulian
cjulian's Reviews
05-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Price: $761.00
Pros: Price is awesome
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got all 4 Tires for $761.00. They are 33x12.50x15

Piepenbrok420
Piepenbrok420's Reviews
06-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Price: $864.00
Pros: Ridiculously sweet tires, aggressive, excellent in all off-road conditions
Cons: none, got them with my employee discount at Firestone.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires come with 21/32" of tread, mean looking side lugs, aggressive sidewalls, excellent on road and off-road. Couldn't be happier, got a set of 4 with my employee discount at Firestone for $864 and came with a $70 gas card.

pants1558
pants1558's Reviews
05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: great in every weather except light snow
Cons: will wear out fast if not rotated regulary
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have yet to get stuck with these tires and there only 31's. i am easly following my buddys dodge ram 1500 on 33's through every mudhole.

RattyYJ
RattyYJ's Reviews
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: noisier than my a/t tires :] havent been able to break them loose on wet pavement
Cons: havent tried them off road yet, sorry
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i havent had them for more than half a day, so its hard to review them. but so far i can say theyre better than expected on pavement, with regards to noise and comfort. they vibrate but thats to be expected with MTs. i dont have enough experience to really compare them to other MTs, but they look beefy, and i havent had them off road yet, sorry. but for the price i paid i cant complain either way.

Aleman4x4
Aleman4x4's Reviews

01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Look nice
Cons: Lugs tore off tread all the way to steel belts
Recommended? No

Comments: Garbage for rock crawling... They look nice, handle great on road but, three of my four tore off chunks or full lugs from the tread while tackling a moderate rock climb on John Bull Trail (Big Bear, CA). I'm sticking to Goodyear MTR from now on... 98 XJ

abrooks4u
abrooks4u's Reviews
12-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: unknown
Cons: unknown
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have the P265/75-R16 Firestone Discovery AT's but did the 30 day test ride and think I'll go with the MT's instead... try them for a month and if U don't their for you change them... these were very smooth riding tires I just don't think they'll cut it in the mud...

HanksRide

Web Wheeler
HanksRide's Reviews

12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Great Tracting in everything I have put them into, Mud, Some Rocks, Snow and they handle and ride great.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, I have put about 25,000 on my set and really just now noticing some wear on them. I took my YJ on a 3500 mile trip across country with these 33X12.50's and no complaints or problems at all with them. It is my DD and I am a weekend trail rider, they have done everything I have ask of them. I do rotate my tires often, usually at least every 5000 miles. Road noise is not bad but they do have some. I run about 26lbs of air to keep the tread flat on the ground. Great tire, and would recommend them to my own daughter.

AlbabyTJ00
AlbabyTJ00's Reviews
11-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Great in the mud
Cons: Loud on pavement, I hear not so good in the snow/ice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are expensive. I got mine from kijiji.ca , guy just wanted them gone. Had 60 % left

stvnrgrs09
stvnrgrs09's Reviews
09-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Good mud tire. Not to loud on road.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good on/off road tire. Not very loud on pavement. Been buried in mud up to top of bushwakers and they pulled me out!

stvnrgrs09
stvnrgrs09's Reviews
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Holds great on gravel and dirt roads. Not to loud on pavement. Great in mud. They look great.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really holds on gravel and steep roads and hills. Pulled us out of a mud bog up to the top of the bushwackers.

case5412
case5412's Reviews
05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Very aggressive tire, with unmatched traction and superior handling.
Cons: In a Compass, this is a very loud tire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm currently riding the size 30x9. Needless to say, it was difficult fitting them under my little Compass. But, once I got them installed it changed the look of the entire vehicle. I wouldn't even put my Compass in the same category as most. After all the upgrades I've done to my car, this one has increased the off road capability much more than the rest. All around a great product.

Scott99
Scott99's Reviews
04-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Price: $205.00
Pros: work as advertised
Cons: some road noise, but tolerable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: has a good beefy look, go road manners, works as advertised for intended use! we took it out in the big mud puddle and it handled really good, and great gripping! good tread life compared to other MT tires! love em!

2Point5
2Point5's Reviews
03-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Good sounding road noise
Cons: Road noise can hypnotize you on long trips..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They clean out well enough in the mud and have a decent amount of that beloved road noise..

NOC Bulldog

NOC Bulldog's Reviews
03-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: great ride, not so bad noise on the road
Cons: ?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tire for the road, snow, mud, trail, and sand

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last