Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Federal Couragia M/T

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Federal Couragia M/T Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Federal Couragia M/T

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $598.75
Average Price: $292.48
Manufacturer: Federal
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

So far I am happy with these tires. They perform as well as you would expect from a mud terrain tire when on road. I have not sunk them up to the frame yet but they have performed well in soft Tennessee red clay and on rock.

From the Federaltire,com.tw website:
Federal's ultimate off-road tire. Rugged off-road performance with the looks to match. Unprecedented traction, grip and strength. Pattern engineered to clear foreign substances to ensure constant performance. Aggressive block and shoulder lug offer awesome traction on dirt, rock, mud and gravel. Strong protection block on the upper shoulders to handle the toughest terrains. Designed to conquer the impossible.

Features
1. large aggressive shoulder lugs. Strong protection block on upper shoulder for exceptional bruise, impact, cut resistance and protection from other off-road hazards.

2. Uniquely designed incremental block edge improves clearance of dirt and sand for constant performance.

3. Uniquely designed radius of sub-grooves enhances off-road performance.

4. SRG(Sloped Radius Gradient) block design increases block stiffness, enhances performance, and delivers serious off-road traction.

5. Bar at bottom of groove clears mud and rock particles and provide ultimate off-road traction.

6. Deep shoulder lugs and sophisticated central blocks fulfill the most demanding requirements of off-road grip and steering control when used for on-road applications.

7. Specially formulated advanced tread compound resists cuts, chips and abrasions for long life and even wear.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mboles
mboles's Reviews
06-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Price: $360.00
Pros: Great grappler tires for off-roading
Cons: not meant for everyday use/long trips
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires and last a long time even when mudding and bouldaring

TheGallantOne
TheGallantOne's Reviews
05-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Price: $152.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are new in the market and even then are still pretty good. Handling is great, noise inside the vehicle is minimal, tire vibration on steering wheel is minimal as well. All around good tire.

scotts_sahara
scotts_sahara's Reviews
08-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Price: $776.00
Pros: Price, Traction, Durability
Cons: Dealer Availability
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good tires. I was scared because you dont see many, but you never used to see hancooks either. I like them alot, the wear nice and even, are quiet, clean out well. I dont have anything bad to say about them.

mjrandall
mjrandall's Reviews

04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Federal Couragia M/T
Price: $119.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires will sling it and clean out as good or better than any tire I've seen before. I'm running an LT235-75-15 6 ply (basically the same as a stock 30x9.50, just a hair narrower) so mine aren't quite as wide as what most run on their Jeep. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat--they're pretty quiet on the road too. Price paid includes mounting and balancing.

boyle

boyle's Reviews

02-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Federal Couragia M/T
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought these tires a year n a half ago still almost brand new! also had a set of maxxis buck shots, they are comparable but 15 bucks less than the buckshot

manis57
manis57's Reviews

02-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Federal Couragia M/T
Price: $598.75
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these things are great. and the price wasn't bad eather. they go oood on both mud and rock

Igota94Grand
Igota94Grand's Reviews

06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Federal Couragia M/T
Price: $425.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love theese tires. very quiet when fisrt put on now they have a little humm to them, i currently have 12,000 miles on them, little noticable wear, but great all around... will buy more and bigger ( got them new on a deal)

Keyes
Keyes's Reviews

06-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Federal Couragia M/T
Price: $99.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires have been good so far I've only had them for about 2 months. They clean good grip on rocks okay,and on the road there not too loud.

00jeepred
00jeepred's Reviews

05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Price: $110.00
Pros: good side lugs, impressive traction
Cons: some chipping
Recommended? Yes

Comments: after a 1200 mile round trip to NC plus alot of off roading i have came to love these tires. They do well on the rocks and i have sank my jeep up to the frame in nice gooey mud and they just keep diggin..

Edit. WARNING. after purchasing new 33's i sold these tires to a friend. He actually cut down a sidewall on the street and rolled his jeep. I would not recommend these tires anymore after seeing how easily the sidewalls give way.

neugene
neugene's Reviews

05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Federal Couragia M/T
Price: $145.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I added these 285/75r16 (33x11.50)when I installed the BDS 3" lift. They ride well on the road and dig in the soft stuff. They self clean well and grip the rocks when you drop the pressure. I am at best a weekend warrior but these tires are the most bang for the buck that I have found. I bought them locally for $145.00 each mounted and balanced. If you are looking for an economical tire that will sling mud, climb and get you to work in a relatively quiet and mannerly fashion then this is it.