Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Dayton Timberline MT

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Dayton Timberline MT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Dayton Timberline MT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $312.13
Manufacturer: Dayton
Recommended?
Yes: 16 / No: 0

MT tire

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

98greensi
98greensi's Reviews
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: great traction, awesome highway behavior
Cons: tires apparently cup really fast and bad with lots of highway mileage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: jeep came with 31's and i found another set of 33's for dirt cheap and i love how the 31's rode and worked off road

Ezalycasaid

Ezalycasaid's Reviews
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Stuck to rocks and went through mud great
Cons: Pretty loud on the highway
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive used them as an everyday DD tire and then as a trial tire worked great for both. A little loud on the interstate though.

tucanbob
tucanbob's Reviews
02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: nice aggressive mud terrain, pulls through everything
Cons: a tad loud, but not as bad as some others, not great treadwear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice aggressive mud terrain, pulls through everything.
a tad loud, but not as bad as some others, not great treadwear

blackdragonfish
blackdragonfish's Reviews
07-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Great for Off Roading Okay pavement handling Never get stuck in Florida's sugar sand
Cons: Wears fast on Roads Does not fit on a 97 without a lift kit of some kind
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So I bought 5 of these bad boys when i first bought my jeep without knowing anything about jeeps. Things you need to know 1997 TJ will require a lift to fit 33x12.50R C15 tires on it even if your buddy says it does not. Found that out after I bought them. I installed a 3in body lift and rims that extend the tire from the vehicle. Now this is a very aggressive tread design and they get torn up by pavement driving. So i would not recommend these on a daily driver like my jeep. Learn from my mistakes. Also because of the wear of the aggressive design you fill find the front tires begin to get choppy. Regular rotating of the tires eliminates this problem though. Also if you buy 5 like me be sure to rotate the spare in cause I didn't so now my spare has a tread depth of 23/32nds while the other 4 have 12/32nds. Now if i were to get a flat and put that on well I'm sure you can imagine what that would do to my ride. Also they don't grip like normal tires in the rain on the pavement always give your self optimal stopping time until you get a feel for how they behave.

Mystifire
Mystifire's Reviews

06-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Awesome tire!
Cons: Poor braking in rain.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fantastic tire! 24k miles and the tread is still very deep. The only downside to these tires is stopping in the rain with no ABS.

cheapjeeps85

cheapjeeps85's Reviews

03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good and cheap wish thay still made them i have had no probs with them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

jeepin_98
jeepin_98's Reviews

11-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these tires for 2 years and the tread on the are just as good as the spare that has never hit the road. I have had no problem with these tires and have got me out of any sticky situation.

Sambox
Sambox's Reviews

10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've actually been happy with these. They have a nice aggressive look and pulled me out of a river. They are louder than some the competition though. Mine are 31" and they're louder than the 33" BFG MTs I had on my last jeep.

Greengc4x4

Greengc4x4's Reviews

09-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I lOVE these tires. they have gotten me through alot and are nice and quiet on the road and have GREAT tread wear!

06chaos
06chaos's Reviews

07-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $170.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: minor road noise for the meatyness but over all i think the tires are great for the price

conifers4

conifers4's Reviews

06-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great mud tire with great wear on pavement. Loud, like a mud tire should be , but not as loud as the mtr's.

Marbleye
Marbleye's Reviews

06-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are a hard compound tire I haven't tried on rock but they seem to clean well and they seem to really dig. $800/5

spikejda
spikejda's Reviews

06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $710.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these tires from a local Tires Pluss. I only bought 4. The tred is very agressive. They r 33x12.5x15 it was a biger tire than i was expecting. But i had the stock rims with some A/T tire. I thank the size was 29x9.5x15, then i moved up to the rims and tires of of a 2006 wrangler.

jocww

jocww's Reviews

06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: tread pattern is close to m/t it grabs well enough but it will get cut up on rocks. it works well enough in mud but not clay.............................................. ............................

schu
schu's Reviews

04-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Price: $170.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ride good

muddnugget

muddnugget's Reviews

04-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Dayton Timberline MT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x12.5x15 are amazing tires on and offroad Good grip when aired down and Good road manners