Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Cooper Discoverer STT

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Cooper Discoverer STT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Cooper Discoverer STT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $522.28
Manufacturer: Cooper
Recommended?
Yes: 63 / No: 1

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

The Discoverer STT is Cooper’s premium high void off-road light truck traction tire designed for drivers who want the utmost in off-road traction. It is offered in a wide range of commercial and large diameter flotation sizes and is designed for use on pickups, SUVs and off-road vehicles.

From the Cooper website:
http://www.coopertire.com/html/products/tires_lighttruck.aspx?page=discoverer_stt

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Drix

Drix's Reviews
03-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great ride low road noise
Cons: no complaints.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with my Jeep when I bought it. They ride great low road noise.

redxj28
redxj28's Reviews
03-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Price: $950.00
Pros: work great in mud, long life tire
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had some bfg allterrains and they sucked so i decided to do a lift and 31s and the stt's were a good choice. They havent failed me yet

Tr00b
Tr00b's Reviews
03-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Quiet on-road so far, excellent traction and digging properties. Decent in light snow, digs down to the road. Handles well, rides good, wears good on the street. Awesome looks. Great offroad on the light trails I've had it on.
Cons: No stud holes. Digs too aggressively in deep snow so you get stuck... Not so much a floater without airing down a bunch, to where you need beadlocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: An excellent all round tire that seems to be on the verge of being an AT with the quiet ride, and decent handling carachteristics. Its a good looking, good performing, reasonably priced tire that in my opinion is very streetable. The road noise so far has been acceptable, even pleasant. I

It lacks stud holes. Otherwise I would have rated it excellent. I am still very happy with my purchase.

CUTYA712
CUTYA712's Reviews
12-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Looks mean, ride good on road, perform great offroad.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My Dad owns a tire store, so I've been around tires my whole life and always loved these tires since they came out. These are my second set of Stt's.

harwood909
harwood909's Reviews
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Price: $164.99
Pros: Great tread depth Buy 3 get 4th free
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got them from the local fleety farm

ghndrcks
ghndrcks's Reviews
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: great tire for the price
Cons: chunky
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is a good tire. wouldn't reccomend for a DD if the off road use was minimal...

fishnpo
fishnpo's Reviews
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Price: $625.72
Pros: just got em
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got tires today, will have mounted tommorrow.
5 x LT215/85/R16 for 625.72 plus 75.00 mount and balance on stock wheels.
will update

breckboarder55

Web Wheeler
breckboarder55's Reviews
10-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Long life. Beefy side-wall. Clean mud well, do pretty well in the rocks. Relatively quiet for a mud terrain. I like the sidewall blocks.
Cons: Not as much sidewall flex as other tires.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: STT's are a great tire for the DD. They have a stiff sidewall that dosent flex as much as I would like in the rocks, but still handle them pretty well. Aggressive sidewall blocks. Lasted 65k miles. Not too loud for a mud tire.

kdizzle79
kdizzle79's Reviews
10-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Price: $195.00
Pros: Great traction
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31x10.5 Bought these tires in AK. Did well in ice and snow on pavement as well as wet and dry conditions. Grab rocky terrain great at a decent price...no issues.

mikeinminn

mikeinminn's Reviews
09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Price: $256.00
Pros: quiet, agressive, good looking, 3 ply
Cons: Busy sidewall design
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine are 35x12.50-17. They provide a good highway ride while running quiet. The pattern is agressive but I haven't had a chance to try them on a variety of terrains yet. They handle mud well.

06sportt
06sportt's Reviews
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Price: $930.00
Pros: aggressive
Cons: kinda noisy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good tire. aggressive. slightly noisy. i would definitely buy these again

jeepmudgirl
jeepmudgirl's Reviews
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Price: $174.00
Pros: Good looking tire, not too loud on the road
Cons: nothing so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, search around for the best price. I've only had them for a few months and the wearing on the tires has been nice. They still look new.

Headrope

Headrope's Reviews
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Look great. Ride great. Have a nice whine to them onroad, seem to do fine as weekend warriors and get us the thumbs up from other Jeepers.
Cons: None so far. Will update if anything comes up.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far am very impressed (see Product Pros above).

Our tires are 32x11.50x15 (on stock Jeep Canyon wheels) and have plenty of clearance between the top of tire and fender, which should allow us to actually use the Zone Offroad 4-inch lift suspension lift for suspension purposes instead of just trying to clear larger tires.

There are no rub issues up front but in the rear I can barely fit my pinky finger between the inboard sidewall and the upper coil spring perch. Will need to install at least a 1.25-inch spacer prior to airing down for offroad - but that's not the fault of the tire.

southerngirl
southerngirl's Reviews
05-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Look good and ride well. On a DD and havent seen any unusual wear. Takes rocks without tears.
Cons: Mine just aren't wide enough for me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
Go big or Go home.

yoda604
yoda604's Reviews
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: grip good
Cons: wear fast
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got them used for $400 off craigslist for the set so I'm not complaining. They wear pretty fast but the tread gets me anywhere I want to go, which is a lot of places

yoda604
yoda604's Reviews
04-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: good trad, grabs the road and the mud pretty good.
Cons: wears fast.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got them with 70% left off craigslist for $400 for the set. For that price I'm not complaining, and I can't break them free on dry pavement for the life of me. But they are wearing fast.

Capricorn

Capricorn's Reviews
11-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Aggressive, look great, sound great, & ride terrific
Cons: Not loud enough!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased a set of these, used, with 11/32nds tread left, that is more than half of what they come with new (16/32nds). The tires clean up very easily and perform exceptionally well off road, as well as on road. They are not too loud, which I'm not a fan of! I love loud tires, but I can compromise, since these tires are awesome and have met every other expectation! I mounted mine white-wall out, and I always get compliments from other Jeepers, as well as non-Jeepers. I will buy these tires again when I need new ones, and will always recommend them to anyone looking for an aggressive all-terrain tire!

MudMenace
MudMenace's Reviews
11-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Good tread life, low road noise, do well off road
Cons: tires dont like wet, water filled roads. Dig hard in soft sand.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought my jeep with 31x10.50 Cooper STT installed, been happy with them so far, I do a lot of driving and they have held up well.

Disco69

Disco69's Reviews

10-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Quiet, Clean out well, excellent on Snow/Ice
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love them. They perform excellent in the winter time and in Alaska, that is always a plus. This is the second set that I have owned and cannot be happier!!!

01TjMilich
01TjMilich's Reviews
09-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Price: $195.00
Pros: Not familiar enough with them to rate them
Cons: Not familiar enough with them to rate them
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not familiar enough with them to rate them, so far so good. Ride smooth and quiet

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »