Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Cooper Discoverer STT

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Cooper Discoverer STT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Cooper Discoverer STT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $523.91
Manufacturer: Cooper
Recommended?
Yes: 61 / No: 1

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

The Discoverer STT is Cooper’s premium high void off-road light truck traction tire designed for drivers who want the utmost in off-road traction. It is offered in a wide range of commercial and large diameter flotation sizes and is designed for use on pickups, SUVs and off-road vehicles.

From the Cooper website:
http://www.coopertire.com/html/products/tires_lighttruck.aspx?page=discoverer_stt

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: great in the rain, mud, snow look awesome
Cons: loud on the road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: big improvement over my BFG AT's. they are very good in the rain where I used to hydroplane with my BFG's. They are louder but I'm in a TJ so it's nothing new

streetglideok
Web Wheeler
streetglideok's Reviews
01-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Aggressive tires, triple ply sidewalls, pleasant hum on the road.
Cons: Not well siped for packed snow and ice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered these from tirecrawler online. Saved a decent amount of money this way, though I found out Discount tire would have price matched locally. I had the tire shop sipe the tread, as they are lacking enough sipeage for good hardpack snow, and ice traction. It helped with straight line traction, but my front tires still slide out when turning some. In fresh snow, they dig and bite good. Haven't had time to take them offroading much yet. Only gripe I really have is the amount of weight it took to balance. Pleasant road hum, isn't unbearable at all, but frequent rotations will be needed.

m16dave
m16dave's Reviews
07-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: good in mud and lower difficulty trails
Cons: not too good in rain or crawling
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires look great and i love the size at 35". They don't look sluggish and give me some extra clearance. There is a little bit of road noise but i would recommend these just because of how nice they look

BigMikeOfTO
BigMikeOfTO's Reviews
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Price: $349.99
Pros: not too loud and great off road capability
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great aggressive tire and not bad wear on pavement. decent for DD. Falken's AT tires were my other option.

bbacus
bbacus's Reviews

03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great MT for the price. Great on road and off road. Quiet and drivable going down the highway.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great combo tire if you want both highway manners/quietness and off road capability. Maybe not your choice if you are an extreme off roader. If you want something that is good on ice, get yourself a set of studded winter tires. MT's are notoriously bad on ice and wet highways....not their intended use. I would buy them again and again for my style of off roading and daily driver use. My tires: 30X9.5X15

lgnut123
lgnut123's Reviews
02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Super grippy, Tread life isnt bad
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would definately buy them again

Justin_WJ
Justin_WJ's Reviews
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great in all conditions, low road noise, great balancing
Cons: not as grippy as i would like on wet pavement
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best offroad tire ive ever owned, by far, i will be buying these until i die

1995_XJ
1995_XJ's Reviews
10-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: quiet, tough, last awhile
Cons: kinda heavy, but worth it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I gave it 4 stars, just because they are not the best on ice, and I can loose traction on wet roads. However dont let that scare you away. These tires are awesome! I wouldnt hesitate to buy them again. I got about 40k out of them and still have some tread left. Outstanding tire, great in the mud

liftemup
liftemup's Reviews
09-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Price: $641.00
Pros: Awsome tread
Cons: Do not have any :)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome tread .... but you need to shop around cause price is very changeable on these tires .... bizrate is the place to shop around as long as you are able to install them yourself .... i did! These tires are just as good 32" tire .... i have done better on courses than the jeeps i was with that had 4" lifts and 32" tires!

bill8bud

bill8bud's Reviews

04-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Price: $800.30
Pros: Quiet on the road, solid in the mud, good on the granite
Cons: Not sure yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires for a DD WW Jeep YJ 33x12.5x15. I have tested them on road and they are extermly quiet. In the mud they did really well, and on the granite they did really well. I will see how they feel in 6 months.

ollieg843
ollieg843's Reviews
03-16-2012, 04:48 AM
Price: $749.00
Pros: Awesome tires, ride well all around, and go through anything!
Cons: Had to trim my fenders a bit, even with a lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great aggressive tires at an awesome price. Very well balanced performance both on road and off. Definitely money well spent.

car-a-holic
car-a-holic's Reviews

03-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Price: $865.00
Pros: Good look good grabbing and pull off road. Excellent overall and my 2nd set!
Cons: Not as good on road response vs more pedestrian shoes ( if I wanted to race I woulda bought nice track tires)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My second set, I loved the first and the price was right!!!

Mol

Disclaimer: I'm Polish
Mol's Reviews

10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Price: $1,255.00
Pros: Hook up to rock well, well mannered on road (quite, good in snow/rain)
Cons: Marginal cleaning abilities
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found the Cooper Discoverer STTs to be very well mannered on road. They grip and brake on pavement well in rainy/icy conditions. Excellent in snow. They seem to wear well, though I only put 8,000 miles on mine before upgrading to 37s. They hook up to rock very well, and hold the bead at 10-12psi on the stock MOAB wheel. Their cleaning abilities in mud are marginal - this was their only negative that I could find.

Tr00b
Tr00b's Reviews
09-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: A quieter ride than I expected, wear/treadlife has been good even with lots of road driving. They self clean okay (could be better...) and seem to work alright on wet pavement.
Cons: A pain to clean due to sidewall design. They seem to "grab" road imperfections and I really don't like how they perform in the deep fluffy stuff, they tend to dig to the bottom and leave you stranded on top, typical for a mud terrain but made worse by the sharp tread blocks. NO STUD HOLES
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire, I would buy again. The price was right and these tires look very agressive and will tear *** and bite when they need to, but generally are a liveable street tire otherwise. I chose them over BFG All terrains due to the rim protector, the better sidewall protection, more agressive tread, and similar pricing. They also balanced very well and roll smooth and wear even, something i was afraid of buying MT's, and makes me glad I avoided cheap ones.

vondy98
vondy98's Reviews

09-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Great look,
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was lucky enough to find a blemish set so i saved about 80 bucks per tire. So far I love these tires. they are great off road and still aren't extremely loud and seem to be wearing pretty well on road.

Mol

Disclaimer: I'm Polish
Mol's Reviews

09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Price: $1,252.00
Pros: Low road noise, hook up to rock well, hold bead aired down well
Cons: Not great in mud (dont clean well) but I hate mud anyway
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They do very well on the road with little noise and good wet/snow traction. Hook up to rock very well, and hold bead at 10 psi without bead locks. Great tire. My size is 35x12.5x17, 5 tires cost me $1252 out the door, brand new. I'm considering these, the Maxxis trepador, and the Goodyear MTR/K in a 37"

parcours
parcours's Reviews
05-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Excellent off road tire with lots of grip
Cons: Seems to be a little soft, may wear easily.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seem to chuck out on rocks. Overall I'm very pleased with their performance on/off road.

xboxhacker
xboxhacker's Reviews
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: EVERYTHING!!
Cons: Non so far!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Stepped up from Super Swampers to these. WOW, they rock!!!
$1800 for 5 wheels and tires...out the door!

Drix

Drix's Reviews
03-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great ride low road noise
Cons: no complaints.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with my Jeep when I bought it. They ride great low road noise.

redxj28
redxj28's Reviews
03-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Price: $950.00
Pros: work great in mud, long life tire
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had some bfg allterrains and they sucked so i decided to do a lift and 31s and the stt's were a good choice. They havent failed me yet

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »