Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Cooper DIscoverer STT

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Cooper DIscoverer STT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Cooper DIscoverer STT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $557.02
Manufacturer: Cooper
Recommended?
Yes: 83 / No: 4

Cooper Discoverer STT

20% - Road & Sand
80% - Dirt & Mud

LONG MILEAGE
Large shoulder lugs and larger centre tread blocks reduce squirming so they don't chew out so quickly.

EXTRA STRENGTH TO REDUCE OFF ROAD DAMAGE
Cooper has a multi-layered steel cord belt and an extra rubber layer fitted between the belts to absorb more impact and reduce damage. Straight Sidewall design also deflects objects and reduces damage.

INCREDIBLE OFF ROAD GRIP
Alternatively scalloped shoulder lugs so that one section always has a clear shot at fresh ground for maximum traction.

QUIET ON THE ROAD
Centre tread blocks are larger than normal and have a 52-degree angle to reduce the noise level on bitumen.

SELF CLEANING
Tapered tread blocks and a unique 52-degree angle throw the mud out with every revolution.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

jboom

jboom's Reviews

03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for dirt/mud and OK for rocks. HORRIBLE IN THE SNOW!

BobzTJ
BobzTJ's Reviews

03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good overall tire. The ride well on road. Aggresive enough to get out of most trouble offroad.

KStamps01
KStamps01's Reviews

02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are ok

XJK

The Guru of Nothing
XJK's Reviews

02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $550.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very Nice Tires. Do great in all conditions. I expect to get at least 40k out of them as i have at least 20k on them now and they are wearing great.

Centennial!
Centennial!'s Reviews

06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Traction, Off road traction is great!
Cons: Wear, light snow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Here are my thoughts after 3200 miles. I live in Colorado along the front range and am a light footed driver. Most of the miles are on road since Colorado is a big state and the off road places are usually many miles away. I keep the tires at 40psi.
On road and in rain/standing water they are great. They have been good in late winter snow but I cant say great. They have been great tires in the thick clay mud. I was able to creep up a short but steep 35 degree incline that I probably wouldnít have been able to walk up. They will dig in soft dirt, road shoulders and grades, better than a shovel. On a June trip over Cinnamon and Engineer passes (lots of rocks) I couldnít have been happier. I rotated after the first 3000 miles; three of the tires wore down 2/32 and the other wore down 3/32. They started out at 20/23 so this means that I can expect about 27,000 out of them; my only complaint.

UPDATE - UPDATE
Okay, I am at 23,000 miles on the tires. I have 9/32s all the way around. They have been good tires, not to noisy, really great off road traction, not to many chuncks or cracks, and good looks.

They are good in mud but in Colorado, not even these tires shed the thick clay mud we have. Several times the treds have become clogged, then the mud starts collecting mud resulting in slicks. Hard to complain though, normal mud is no problem. I rotate every 3k miles religiously so they are wearing evenly. One of the tires has developed a "balance issue" and just wont stay ballanced. It's an annoyance because it shows up intermitantly on the 5 way rotation.

These tires are okay at best on streets with light snow; plowed roads.

I am on the fence about buying another set. If I can find a good deal, I would get another set. I have through the winter to decide.

**Final update**
Well, itís been 36k and I am down to about 4-5/32nds. These have continued to be great off road tires especially on the rocky (small sharp and pointy) trails and passes in CO. This last week I went up to the top of Mosquito and down Birdseye Gulch near Leadville with no traction problems in spite of the tread depth. Like I said, I have rotated them (all 5) religiously at my oil changes so they have continued to wear evenly. My chief complaints are still the marginal snowy road performance and the belt slip/balance issue and resultant occasional wobble mentioned in the 23k update. Since itís time to replace them, I am considering getting them again but am a little put off by the price (~$700/4) which has really gone up. Actually, now that I think about it, the wobble is what is keeping me from committing to them again and the sidewall protection keeps me coming back to them. Anyway, I may go with the Dura Track since the Jeep is now a DD and I can get them for a little less.

Bottom line, if you are a "rocks/mud/looks" kind of person, you cant go wrong and should definitely go for them. If you are a DD, light wheeler, and snow driver I think you can do a little better.

Hope this helps.

jzmtl

jzmtl's Reviews

01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Pros: Quiet on road, easy to balance, comes in less common sizes such as 32"
Cons: Slippery in snow/slushie, dosen't offer "narrow" size
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good looking tires that's quiet on road. However despite siping it's quite slippery in snow and slushie, even low speed turn can be hairy at times.

I'm suprised on how little weight it took to balance these things, took less weight than my previous 30" AT tires.

STT come in 32" size, which is not offered by many other competitors such as toyo open country MT, trxus MT. However they only come in the common aspect ratios such as 31x10.5, 32x11.5, 33x12.5. I do wish they offered narrow options such as 32x10.5, which I would've bought intead of 32x11.5.

bigAL97TJ

bigAL97TJ's Reviews

11-05-2006, 04:50 AM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is my second set of these. Ran a set on my XJ, and now on my TJ. They have great traction. Look amazing on. Road noise is a minimum.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5