Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Cooper DIscoverer STT

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Cooper DIscoverer STT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Cooper DIscoverer STT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $564.98
Manufacturer: Cooper
Recommended?
Yes: 81 / No: 4

Cooper Discoverer STT

20% - Road & Sand
80% - Dirt & Mud

LONG MILEAGE
Large shoulder lugs and larger centre tread blocks reduce squirming so they don't chew out so quickly.

EXTRA STRENGTH TO REDUCE OFF ROAD DAMAGE
Cooper has a multi-layered steel cord belt and an extra rubber layer fitted between the belts to absorb more impact and reduce damage. Straight Sidewall design also deflects objects and reduces damage.

INCREDIBLE OFF ROAD GRIP
Alternatively scalloped shoulder lugs so that one section always has a clear shot at fresh ground for maximum traction.

QUIET ON THE ROAD
Centre tread blocks are larger than normal and have a 52-degree angle to reduce the noise level on bitumen.

SELF CLEANING
Tapered tread blocks and a unique 52-degree angle throw the mud out with every revolution.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

huntandfish
huntandfish's Reviews

11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Price: $780.00
Pros: Great traction, Road,wet,rocks,mud and hopefully snow this weekend. Slight hum despite awesome tread lugs. Looks mean and drives mean. Balanced just fine.
Cons: I'll let you know when i find some.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have a couple thousand miles on them now. They handle the curvy road and autobahn great here in germany. They have done some pretty mucky and sandy conditions too. Loving them.

NLHipp01sport
NLHipp01sport's Reviews
10-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Price: $262.00
Pros: they are quiet and have a mean look
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are amazing, i can't believe how quiet and smooth the ride is yet, the aggressive tread

Centennial!
Centennial!'s Reviews

07-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Looks, rocks, durability, and mud.
Cons: Snowy roads, ballance.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: On pp4 of this review, I have reports of my experience at 3200, 23,000, and 36,000 miles. Look for centennial and I hope this helps the next guy.

kurtis1971

kurtis1971's Reviews

05-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Price: $608.00
Pros: great traction strong and quiet they seem to out last some other mud type tires
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought these when i first got my jeep. i have gone a lot of places that shocked me the grip is outstanding

srhcherokee24
srhcherokee24's Reviews
02-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: dont know not on truck yet
Cons: dont know not on truck yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have not installed yet so ill updated as soon as i can

jeeptj333
jeeptj333's Reviews
02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: great multi purpose tire
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great tire for the money, great traction

kermit4161
kermit4161's Reviews

12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Price: $860.00
Pros: Great looking... excellent street ride... low price!
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put a set of STTs on my 2005 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited on Friday, but so far they are noticeably better than the stock MTRs on the street. Heck of a better ride and a lot quieter too. I've got to make a road trip tomorrow, so I'll see how they handle on the Interstate.

My stock tires needed replacing before the snow started flying this winter. One local dealer didn't have any KM2s in stock, so I went with the STTs at another dealer instead (stayed with stock size... 245/75R/16).

They were about $200 cheaper than the KM2s. I'll update over the winter when I find how they handle snow/ice.

UPDATE: I've put about 500 miles on the tires and still think they are great. They are excellent on the highway and feel stickier on snow pack/icy conditions at highway speeds than stock MTRs. Again, they are quieter... I can actually hear the radio at lower volume levels now.

We had a long week of snow and ice and I was surprised that the STTs handled it very well. The conditions ranged from hard packed snow, deep plowed snow drifts (from where the plows pushed snow up) and sheer ice... They handled it all as good or better than the stock MTRs did last year. No squirreliness on the ice and it pulled right through the plowed drifts.

All in all, they are an excellent buy!

07JKX
07JKX's Reviews
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Pros: good traction, decent ride, little noise,
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have been very good tires have 20,000 and still about 50 % tread. have wheeled in arkansas and Hawaii very often and perform well

B2CARPEN

B2CARPEN's Reviews

08-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Mud, snow, rain, pavement.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires (32x11.5) about two years ago and finally decided to post a detailed review after I had enough time to really experience them. I use my jeep as a DD and spend most of my time on the paved roads but I also do some pretty aggressive offroading on weekends. After 2 years and about 28k miles I still have about 40% tread life left on all 4 tires and they have worn completely even. I'm still able to get through some of the deepest mud and trails around my area and plan on buying the same tire when I move up to 33s.

Snow / Ice: These tires handle good on snowy roads. I live in IL where we see our fair share of snow and ice and these tires do better then I would expect in the worst conditions. No brand of tire performs "excellent" on ice (especially mud terrains) however, the STTs exceed my expectations and plow through deep snow with no problems!

Rain: As with snow, these tires also grip really good in wet conditions and have very minimal slipping. The siping in the tread patterns help tremendously to keep all 4 tires under control and keep you heading in the right direction. I truly believe that driving in dangerous conditions is dependent on 80% driver / 20% tires but it helps to have a tire that really grips and performs well

Mud: I have not been stuck once... that should say it all right there! STTs have very deep lugs that extend all the way down the sidewall and you can really feel these tires pull you through ruts as well as self clean the treads while paddling through thick mud. I've been very happy with how these tires perform offroad and like I said earlier, they still perform good after 2 years.

Road: These tires are built from a harder compound rubber which helps with longevity as well as even wear. I would estimate at least three years or 40k before these tires are done. They are pretty loud and only get louder with more wear but that doesn't bother me. Don't buy a mud terrain if you want a quiet tire

Cooper tires own and make mickey thompson and if you look at the STTs compared to the MTZs, they have very similar tread design and the MTZs are rated as one of the best. I spent a lot of time researching different brands and tread designs before I bought these tires and they have performed better then I ever expected!

Spare tire with 100% tread life:

Tire about 28k miles and 40% tread life:

gene97sport
gene97sport's Reviews
07-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: none
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: none

SteelBlueTJ
Web Wheeler
SteelBlueTJ's Reviews

05-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Price: $840.00
Pros: Grip well, awesome looks, great price
Cons: Picks up stones more than my MTR's did
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently picked up a set of 4 Cooper STT's in 315/75/16. I mounted them on stock Moabs. Overall they are a great tire. I also run MTR's in the winter months on another set of wheels. The STT's seem to grip more on the road than my MTR's and you can hear the gripping sound constantly, so I think they are slightly noisier than the MTR's. They also pick up stones much more than the MTRs do. I have shale driveway so everyday I end up with click click click going down the road from stones in my tires.

smoke52458
smoke52458's Reviews
05-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Price: $190.00
Pros: road warranty
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had a set of 35X12.50X 15 Cooper Discovery STT on my CJ5 now for 1-year. The tire has excellent handling on the road and the noise is minimal for the type of thread. The tire also has excellent traction in mud, and the thicker side walls work well in the rocks. This tire has a 60,000 mile road warranty which exceeds all the other off-roads tires. It also is price competitive!

atvfreak19902
atvfreak19902's Reviews

04-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent tire! Quiet, and ride great on and off road! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a fair priced and great riding tire with excellent wear!

fastoneyz426
fastoneyz426's Reviews

04-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires. I drive them on the road and off road. They are wonderful off raod , lots of flex and grip. On the road they are a lot quieter then My BFG s

mamooth
mamooth's Reviews

03-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Couldn't be happier with em. They do everything and then some.

konafreak04
konafreak04's Reviews

03-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A great tire for up here in alaska. I have gone over some sharp rocks and thanks to the kevlar belt inside the tire it saved my ***. They are also great in the mud.

jerrym_7758
jerrym_7758's Reviews

03-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $820.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The cheepest tire that i could find that would hold up to what i go through.

Krazors001
Krazors001's Reviews

03-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $952.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent tire traction and good wear for such an aggressive tire. A little noisy at highway speeds but i think this is mostly due to the high load rating as friend's with larger sizes are quieter than mine.

bgblkjp

bgblkjp's Reviews

03-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

yellowford
yellowford's Reviews

03-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Cooper DIscoverer STT
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires do pretty good in the mud, but don't seem to work very good in the snow.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »