Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Cooper Discoverer ST

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Cooper Discoverer ST Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Cooper Discoverer ST

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $478.31
Manufacturer: Cooper
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 2

Hybrid A/T and M/T tire with large tread blocks and high void ratio provide exceptional off-road traction. Tires are also stud able.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Chuck59
Chuck59's Reviews
12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Good looks, on & off road performance.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the tall skinny look. I am an Overlander Jeeper. Great all terrain performance!

GreenMachine_x
GreenMachine_x's Reviews
08-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: LOOK GREAT LAST REAL LONG,
Cons: TO LOUD
Recommended? Yes

Comments: WHEN I GOT I HAD THEM ON A TOYOTA, GOT A NICE JEEP NOW PUT THE TIRES ON IT. & THEY WERE LOUDER ON THE JEEP THEN THE TOY.

Charley3
Web Wheeler
Charley3's Reviews

03-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Great at all terrains AFTER adding more sipes to center treads. Amazingly good at mud as good as an MT. Much better on road than an MT.
Cons: Lousy ice and packed snow traction UNTIL I added more sipes to center treads. With extra sipes added to center treads the ice and snow traction was good.
Recommended? No

Comments: Great all purpose DD and offroad tire. Great on all terrains I tried: sand, mud, trail, deep snow, packed snow, ice. Good on highway. Only slightly louder on highway than a BFG AT.

However, the great traction on packed snow and ice was AFTER I added extra sipes to center treads.

Before adding sipes to center treads, the packed snow and ice traction was terrible.

wilson_usmc
wilson_usmc's Reviews
03-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Price: $950.00
Pros: Good handling
Cons: Gas Eater
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Discoverer ST's are the good poor man's aggressive tire. Lasts long and stays true better than MT series.

boondaba

boondaba's Reviews
03-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Price: $233.00
Pros: good looking, quiet, side tread
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are awesome!!!!

BadJohnny
BadJohnny's Reviews
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Price: $219.00
Pros: Versatile, Quiet and so far good wear
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Five LT265/75R16 Discoverer S/T Maxx:
Versatile, Quiet and so far good wear, but I have only 3800 miles on them. No problems in mud or snow. I didn’t have any issues with these tires driving under wet and light ice conditions during the winter, or long distance traveling. When the time comes I will get them again.

m10andre
m10andre's Reviews
02-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Price: $185.00
Pros: Aggressive grip, low road noise, high load rating,
Cons: Softer rubber for better off road grip wears more easily than a/t or road tires
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the 285/70R17 Cooper St Maxx's as an upgrade from the Golden Fury's the dealer put on 2 years ago. Love the way they look and feel on the road. They're performance off road is superb for the NW. Aggressive sidewall digs through the mud and big lugs spit it out. Performed amazingly in the wet winter and when it was dry out the rubber warmed up quickly and gripped everything I threw at it.

kirok
kirok's Reviews

12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Price: $161.00
Pros: Smooth ride, good handling, better gas mileage
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I puchased these Cooper ST's a couple of weeks ago. I was running some mudders on my YJ and they were on their last leg. The first thing I noticed is how smooth the ride was. Second was the low noise that they make. They do make some noise, but not like mudders. The tread pattern IMO is a aggressive pattern for an AT type tire. The pattern almost reminds me of the older Sears Roadhandlers. I ran those on an old 4x4 years ago with outstanding results. The Cooper ST's handle the road great and have had them in the rain. They handled good in the rain. I have not tested them in winter driving, but will soon get the chance as winter weather is arriving soon. I will be testing off road soon too. I'll re post with some more details as I get to break these puppies in.

quest4life
quest4life's Reviews
07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Price: $213.00
Pros: Incredible looking, very quiet, aggressive tread design. I actually have the ST Maxx
Cons: Non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the tire. it looks very aggressive and the side walls are very nice looking. It rides extremely nice and is very quiet. It is a 3 ply E rated tire.

gr8tdragon
gr8tdragon's Reviews
03-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: These tires have performed well on both vehicles I have put them on. Great in snow and mud, as well as using on the highway.
Cons: A little noisy on the highway as they have open tread pattern but if you want traction thats the price you pay.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires have performed well on the 2 vehicles I have put them on. Where I live, northern Alberta, Canada, we recieve lots of snow and have ice on the roads about 5 months of the year. These tires run good in the snow and grip well on ice. I have only used them on my Jeep for 1 winter but have used them on my diesel truck for 4 years. They work the same for both vehicles. The tires worked good in mud last fall for my Jeep, looking forward to giving them a try this spring. When they wear out on either vehicle, I will be putting the same tire on again as why change if they work well. I definitely recommend these tires to anyone.

ClassicVA
ClassicVA's Reviews
11-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Price: $159.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

tylersjeep
tylersjeep's Reviews
07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: none
Cons: horrible on wet reads you slip all over the place, I came close to spinning into a ditch and I did a 360 going 20 mph, tires only lasted 4000miles before they kept going flat and dry rotted, horrible in all weather condition and way over price for crap tries.
Recommended? No

Comments: crap tires

ozzie77
ozzie77's Reviews
04-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Everything!
Cons: Nothing yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are very quiet and have superb traction.

2000xj12198
2000xj12198's Reviews
02-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Price: $547.00
Pros: good tire. great traction in mud. really good in snow
Cons: very little wet road traction. its a snow tire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought the discoverers because i was told that they were a decent all terrain tire. i didnt do enough research and came to find out they are actually snow tires. they even have little stud holes. all around a decent tire though. make a lot of noise going down the road. dont go above 90 though.

Jake03TJ

Jake03TJ's Reviews

01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Price: $585.00
Pros: Wear extremely well, have strong sidewalls, perform very well in snow, ice, mud, and relatively quiet.
Cons: Hard to find Cooper Dealers by me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have these tires on several vehicles ranging from my TJ to a 1 ton pick up truck. They're the premier hybrid tire. From the 5 sets that I've owned I averaged 50-55k on a set, and that is through trails, towing have loads, and competive sled pulling. These tires are tough as nails. I can't picture a better do it all tire, they're the ideal daily driver tire. I love them, they're by far my favorite tire on the market.

My last set was $585.oo for a set of 4 285/75/16's

jarrelm
jarrelm's Reviews
12-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Price: $203.00
Pros: nice aggressive look and great in all conditions, low road noise
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great in the rain, snow and mud! Low road noise and nice look

rlmcd1
rlmcd1's Reviews
06-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Aggressive tread pattern
Cons: Stud holes
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These give my un-lifted Yj acool stance. And the price wasn't bad either.

alyman85
alyman85's Reviews

03-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Cooper Discoverer ST
Price: $780.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very versatile tire. I am extremely happy with them, very good off-road capability.

chuck01

Divorced and Broke
chuck01's Reviews

03-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Cooper Discoverer ST
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not alot of road noise with these tires. I am satisified with their performance.

DarioYJ
DarioYJ's Reviews

02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Cooper Discoverer ST
Price: $396.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Since today i drive them for more than 5000 km,i found them excellent on wet roads,even with heavy rain. Very good also in deep snow and snowy road. Not bad in mud,good on the gravel. The only condition where these tires need a bit of attention is icy road.
At the end i can say that i am completely satisfied of my Cooper Discoverer ST.

** The price i write is in Euros,not Dollars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »