Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Cooper Dicoverer ATR

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Cooper Dicoverer ATR Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Cooper Dicoverer ATR

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $750.00
Average Price: $308.00
Manufacturer: Cooper
Recommended?
Yes: 25 / No: 3

Quiet, a little rolly on fast cornering

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

jkblank1
jkblank1's Reviews
03-10-2014, 03:55 AM
Price: $1,080.00
Pros: Very good highway tire Smooth/Quiet tire
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 305/70 R16 Cooper Discoverer A/T3

I just bought these tires and haven't really put them to the test off road yet. With that being said though the on road performance is excellent with no road noise or vibrations at all. Yet still aggressive enough for most people going wheelin on the weekends.

sigpike
sigpike's Reviews
11-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Excellent highway manners and aggressive (for all-terrain) tread pattern for mild/moderate wheeling. Also, the price was right.
Cons: I can't think of any for a vehicle that is a daily driver/weekend wheeler... at least not if you plan on sticking with an all terrain tire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I also highly recommend Discount Tire. I was in and out in 45 minutes. Excellent service.

Tobroketojeep

Tobroketojeep's Reviews
06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: All terrain
Cons: Got 20,000 miles out of them
Recommended? No

Comments: The ones I bought are only 235's but if they were bigger I'd love them

NCSahara
NCSahara's Reviews
05-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Price: $125.00
Pros: good looking tire/quiet/great in the rain
Cons: non yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is for the AT3 that does not have its own listing. Very good all around tire and 55k mile warranty. I do 90 percent on road and the rest wash board or off road and I think this is a great tire.

sarend
sarend's Reviews
04-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Great look, great for little road noise on highway.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My brother owns a tire business, so the price is the "family" price of wholesale. These are great tires for multi-use (daily driving and light-moderate off-road use).

jmonty84
jmonty84's Reviews
03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Price: $745.00
Pros: GREAT TIRE
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 285/75/16

HIaltrider
HIaltrider's Reviews
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: very quiet on road, plenty of grip off road and on snow and ice
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i really like these tires they grip well on rain and snow and ice, off road grip is great in the mountains have not seen much mud, so cant comment on that.

Eagyl
Eagyl's Reviews
08-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Price: $174.00
Pros: Grip very well in snow, mud, ice, gravel, dirt-everywhere I've been! Even thought somewhat more aggressive, I've noticed no change in gas mileage-maybe 1mpg at the most!
Cons: A little pricy (but I did purchase from Les Schwab), and seem to wear faster than they should.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My Uncle had a set on his (he bought them used with 75% tread) and absolutely loved them. So when it came time to by tires for mine, I went ahead and grabbed some new. My Uncle's wore at very fast-but I think that's due to the fact he has a rear locker and spent a lot of time on road-thus wearing out the rears faster-so he rotated front to rear fairly often. So far I've had mine about 4 months, gone about 5k miles, and I think I'm down to about 90% tread, so they'll hopefully last 50k miles! If you need a tire that will get you anywhere you NEED to go, this tire will do it without sacrificing too much mileage while giving you the grip you need!

otherwisebusy

otherwisebusy's Reviews
03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Quiet but solid off road. Great alternative to BFG AT
Cons: not sure
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I didnt see a catagoty for the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 but thats what I got. Great price compared to the over priced BFG AT. Quiet ride. All arround a great tire. US Made I believe.

Bilicki2007
Bilicki2007's Reviews
11-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Recommended? No

Comments: Don't quite like these tires, but they came on my JEEP when I bought it

magnalbatross

magnalbatross's Reviews
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: - No rubbing with 31x10.5x15 on a stock LJ suspension - Good on dry roads, decent on wet roads - Better-than-I-expected in the snow - Good on sandy trails
Cons: - Doesn't play nice with water puddles on the highway; feels like it "drags" - Sidewalls started giving way with decent tread left
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Edit 7/20/12: After 10,000 miles, I'm still mostly happy with driving characteristics. However, the sidewalls are starting to crack on these 3-year old tires. I don't know how they were used or abused before I got the Jeep, but I just replaced them.

--

I was going to hold off on reviewing until the winter, but Snowtober gave me a chance to play in the white stuff. They did a lot better in the snow than I expected. In about 3" of slushy snow: 2WD = a bit of spin before pulling, 4WD = no trouble at all. I deliberately stopped on a steep upgrade in 2WD to see how it restarted - no problem. This was all with an LSD, your mileage may vary.

These are good on dry roads, and decent in the wet, as long as you're driving sensibly. I've experienced zero slipping in the rain. IMO though, these aren't the tires to pick if you're a very "enthusiastic" driver. I'm wary of standing water on the highway - I haven't hydroplaned with them, but there's a huge drag when you go through the water at higher speeds (45+mph)

Off-road: No trouble on my favorite poor-condition-back-road. They do well in the sand. I can't speak to deep mud or rocks though. Ride quality is a bit harsh, both on- and off-highway.

rkos328
rkos328's Reviews
04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Works well in all types of terrain. I've used them on rocks and in the mud.
Cons: Wears pretty quickly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All kinds of terrain you will be able to go through with these tires. They work well on most terrain. I would recommend going with a mud terrain tire if all you do is mud but I go on rocks and mud and they work great.

4Tom
4Tom's Reviews
03-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: great grip soft ride
Cons: side walls thin
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice tyre bigger than the stock.
bought 245/65/R17 Cooper Discover AT M+S rated. they look and preform well with no rubs smoth ride and good grip all weather... works well in snow and ice. Deep treads advertised will last 50K +

Price 550 euro for 5 tyres

jonos12
jonos12's Reviews
01-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: inexpensive compared to many others, quieter on the road than the previous ones that were on there. Wearing well.
Cons: not as good traction as some off-road tires, slide a bit in 2 wheel drive when wet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good replacement for me based on the fact that my jeep is my daily driver and primarily driven on the road with occasional off-road use and heavy snow..

Aquitard
Aquitard's Reviews
01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Deep tread, inexpensive, quiet
Cons: Generic look
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My jeep came with two of these in good condition so I bought two more. I was surprised at how aggressive the new ones were.

Nicktarnow

Nicktarnow's Reviews
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Good tire. 50k tread life. Low road noise
Cons: Not the best in the mud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires because I use my jeep as an everyday driver. I wanted something good on road and off. So far I've been pretty far satisfied with them. I would definitely recommend them to somebody else.

gchild73
gchild73's Reviews
09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: pretty inexpensive, long life
Cons: not super happy with grip in snow/rain/mud
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought these a few years ago. I was going to get BFG ATs, which I previously had on a Blazer and loved. I talked myself out of the BFGs and into these. They are alright for mostly driving on pavement. I feel like they actually decreased my gas mileage versus stock.

Nick
Nick's Reviews
08-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Nice traction, pretty good for offroad.
Cons: A tad noisy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good tires overall, I've gotten lots of life out of them. They are a bit noisy, but other than that I have been very pleased.

Exparrot

Exparrot's Reviews

01-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Cooper Dicoverer ATR
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides great on the road, outstanding on snow. A little squirrelly on hard pack and ice, but really, what isn't?

antjay
antjay's Reviews

12-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Cooper Dicoverer ATR
Pros: the wear well, good allrounders,good on road grip,good on sand
Cons: not great in heavy mud,a little vauge when cornered hard
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have had mine for a bit more than a year,they came with the jeep. puctured one the first time i took them off road.
since then i have put about 20000ks on them , commuting,highway and dirt road touring,weekend bush bashing.less than 1/2 worn
good on wet tarmac,and better than you would think off road although not great in the mud(they are an AT after all)but not terrible either.very good on sand ,aired down to 18psi .next time i will get something more aggressive,as i am getting more adventurous as my jeep gets taller. 215/75 15

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »