Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > Bridgestone - Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Bridgestone - Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

Bridgestone - Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $118.00
Average Price: $125.00
Manufacturer: Bridgestone
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.bridgestonetire.com

The Blizzak DM-V1 is Bridgestone’s Light Truck/SUV Studless Ice and Snow winter tire developed for the drivers of pickup, crossover and sport utility vehicles looking to combine grip in snow and on ice with reassuring handling on wet roads and in slush. The Blizzak DM-V1 is designed with a focus on ice traction and braking, as well as wet road handling and hydroplaning resistance to provide wintertime driving competence. 

The Blizzak DM-V1 uses Bridgestone''s Multicell Z compound featuring microscopic bubbles and tubes to absorb the thin film of water that forms as tires run over packed snow and ice, while micro bite particles contribute to the edge effect that improves grip on packed snow and icy surfaces. Other compound improvements include the addition of a special polymer that improves silica dispersion to increase wet grip in chilly temperatures by suppressing the influence temperatures have on rubber hardness.

The Blizzak DM-V1 directional tread pattern features low void to increase contact area on the road. Groove distribution has been optimized with four straight grooves to assure efficient water evacuation while two center grooves criss-cross to improve drainage and offer strong edge effect at all angles, giving higher snow and wet performance with better grip in all directions. The Blizzak DM-V1 also incorporates advanced 3D Wash Board Z Sipe technology that increases both block stiffness for handling in the dry and increases the biting edge effect on frozen surfaces.

The Blizzak DM-V1 radial meets the industry's severe snow service requirements and is branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol.

NOTE: The first 55% of the Blizzak DM-V1 tread depth features the Multicell Z Compound while the remaining 45% features a standard winter tire compound. When the Blizzak DM-V1 is approximately 50 percent worn, a depth indicator molded into the tread design lets the driver know that the remaining tread is reaching the end of its ability to provide beneficial snow traction.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Busina
Busina's Reviews

01-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Price: $132.00
Pros: Great handling in wet weather and on snow/ice/ slush. good handling and braking characteristics
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered a set of the DMV-1 mounted to a set of rims from Tirerack.com for my 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Since I am in Germany and they require winter tires during the winter season it wasnt much of a choice but it was a good one. The tires handle really good on snow, ice and slush that we constantly get this time of year. The tires handle just as good as the OEM tires did as far as handling characteristics and braking. I can roll with confidence when I switch my selec-Terrain to snow and drive on!

BigFire

BigFire's Reviews

12-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Price: $118.00
Pros: Grips like mad on ice and snow.
Cons: A little squishy on dry warm temps.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It took me forever to find these tires to fit my Jeep. I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee Limited with Quadra-Drive, tire size 235/65-17.The all terrains that were on it were crap, and actually scary to drive in the snow and ice. I had been searching for new tires for a few weeks, and although it was a bit of work, I am very glad I went with these.

I have had Blizzaks before, (I used to live in Summit County, CO and it is almost a necessity) and have never been dissapointed. On my last vehicle I had a set of Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice tires, and they were good, but NOTHING like these Blizzak DM-V1's!

Just had them put on yesterday. It stopped snowing about 2 days ago, and what fell has been packed down with spotty ice patches. When I brought the Jeep into the shop, I gunned it, and could do a 360 easily in the parking lot. Pulled it out with the new Blizzaks on, gunned it, and it was like I was on dry pavement!

It feels like a brand new Jeep. Tires are surprisingly quiet, and the ride is more comfortable and smooth. Even my girlfriend noticed that. Stopping distance has improved dramatically in the snow. Acceleration is fierce. But the best thing is cornering. These tires just grip. Before I had to tiptoe around corners. Not I can drive around like it is summer. I love these tires!

I haven't tested in deep snow yet, so I will give you an update when we get some. I am planning a trip to Colorado in February, and now I won't have to worry about the weather on the way there. Yes, they are that confidence inspiring!

If you live in a area that gets a lot of snow and ice driving conditions, get these. Don't even bother looking at other tires for your Jeep. These are the best out there. I recommend these to anyone!