43K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  bobcatt46 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $4100
Rating 3
Average Price $468.7
Manufacturer BF Goodrich
Recommended Yes: 21 / No: 5

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Radial%20Long%20Trail%20T/A&partnum=475R6LONGTTAOWLE

The Radial Long Trail T/A is BFGoodrich's Highway All-Season Light Truck tire designed for pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire low noise, long life and traction, even in light snow. While the Radial Long Trail T/A was originally developed to be long on performance, long on mileage and long on comfort to meet the Original Equipment requirements of vehicle manufacturers, its size range has been expanded to fit a wide range of light truck applications.

The Radial Long Trail T/A molds its all-season tread rubber compound into a computer designed asymmetric tread design that features a continuous outside shoulder and center rib to enhance dry road traction, reduce noise and promote treadlife. Then independent, intermediate and inner shoulder tread blocks provide the biting edges to enhance foul weather traction. On the inside, the Radial Long Trail T/A features twin steel belts reinforced by BFGoodrich's Equal TEnsion Containment System (ETEC System) to enhance durability along with a flexible, shock-absorbing two-ply polyester cord sidewall to provide a comfortable highway ride.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $121
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: New tires. Not long enough to provide a good review. Other reviews on TireRack.com show this to be a long-life tire. Probably a harder rubber used, but I haven't noticed a significant different between these and the Fortera SilentArmor I had on before.

#4 ·
Rating 4
Pros No Noise, Smooth Ride, Long life
Recommended yes

Comments: I have these on my YJ. They were on it when I bought it. I took it wheeling one day and didn't think they would do anything for me. I went places in 2 wheel my buddies jeep had to go in 4 wheel with meatier tires. I'm impressed but I'm looking for a M/T tire next as I don't care about wear or noise or the ride. I drive a jeep. Smooth ride?

#5 ·
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Yeah - smooth ride so far. I initially figured, with the "long tread life" claims and all, that I'd be dealing with a tire with a harder rubber that I'd be able to detect inside the cabin. Not so as far as I can tell. They ride well, seem about as quiet as my former Fortera's, but don't have near the rolling resistance. So far it's still two-thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#8 ·
Price $100
Rating 2
Recommended no

Comments: My all terrains were balled, needed something with some tread for the winter months, getting 32s in the summer. Got them off a friend for 100 bucks with 5k on them.

#10 ·
Price $315
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought these for the MPG/longevity factor on a 1998 XJ Cherokee. they deliver on both counts. Zero noticeable wear after 5,500 mi. Gained 1.5 MPG over the goodyear wrangler's they replaced. These tires do surprisingly well off road, and in snow both on road and off.

#11 ·
Price $100
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Not too expensive and has pretty consistently good reviews by consumers. I am stock height with 235/75/15 with 4.00 backspace on the rims

#13 ·
Rating 3
Pros long lasting, quiet, better than plain street tires
Cons spend a little more and get a/t
Recommended yes

Comments: for a daily driver they work fine on my xj. poor traction on wet roads, but that may be due to the harder compound, or being old tires. they have held up very well. if you get them cheep and use them for a dd, they're great, but if you want something that you need for rougher roads/off road, i would recommend some a/t.

#17 ·
Price $345
Rating 3
Pros Quiet. Great on dry roads.
Cons poor wet traction, useless on the trails or even in a little bit of mud.
Recommended no

Comments: Not the best tire that I have owned. This tire is only good on dry roads or on the highways. Wet roads they lock up and snow is awful with these. If you live anywhere where snow falls do NOT buy these tires.
Average Tire.

#19 ·
Price $105
Pros good all-around tire
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: handles well in all weather and would recommend it

#21 ·
Price $175
Pros It runs great.
Cons easy to catch stone chips.
Recommended yes

Comments: It is usually a good deal to buy from costco, where balance and rotation are free for every 10000 miles.

I have been using it for 3 years with 15000 miles on it. It still looks like new and runs quietly with much less road noise then the original Goodyear tires.

#22 ·
Price $540
Pros Nice on the street
Cons Not too too great offroad
Recommended yes

Comments: I haven't had too much experience with them, but they're nice on the street, and pretty decent offroad, but I'll be replacing them with something else when the time comes.

#23 ·
Price $700
Pros Great All around
Cons Sidewall looks like crap if you live in the city with streets tight as heck.
Recommended yes

Comments: Tires are great for Daily Driver. Stock 245/70/R16 at 33 PSI. Nice tread and seems to not wear out quickly. Handles water puddles, extremely heavy rain, and down pours with no hydro planning. Great on fuel economy and is very nice on fresh snow, up to 2 feet. Haven't really gone wheeling since it's a DD but should be good there too. Much better than the Michelin Cross terrain I had before. (i dont think the car deserves those tires).

#24 ·
Price $100
Pros Great on the road
Cons not as rugged
Recommended yes

Comments: If you are looking for good road tires than i suggest these. I snagged them off craigslist when i bought my jeep and they have faired pretty well. I drive 360 miles to school every other week and the tread wear and road performance are great. They are pretty quite and look alright, i would prefer some MT. I have taken in the woods a few times and they do alright. There not mud terrains but on soils and sand they preform alright.

#25 ·
Price $410
Rating 4
Pros Great on road, little to no noise. Raised white lettered sidewalls. Decent offroad. Good life if rotated. Good in the rain
Cons Not really all that rugged, No good in mud
Recommended yes

Comments: These came stock on my ZJ. Were good for my DD uses but no good in mud. If you're looking for a good looking tire for your DD, I'd recomend these

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.