Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $4,100.00
Average Price: $468.70
Manufacturer: BF Goodrich
Recommended?
Yes: 21 / No: 5

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Radial%20L ong%20Trail%20T/A&partnum=475R6LONGTTAOWLE

The Radial Long Trail T/A is BFGoodrich's Highway All-Season Light Truck tire designed for pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire low noise, long life and traction, even in light snow. While the Radial Long Trail T/A was originally developed to be long on performance, long on mileage and long on comfort to meet the Original Equipment requirements of vehicle manufacturers, its size range has been expanded to fit a wide range of light truck applications.

The Radial Long Trail T/A molds its all-season tread rubber compound into a computer designed asymmetric tread design that features a continuous outside shoulder and center rib to enhance dry road traction, reduce noise and promote treadlife. Then independent, intermediate and inner shoulder tread blocks provide the biting edges to enhance foul weather traction. On the inside, the Radial Long Trail T/A features twin steel belts reinforced by BFGoodrich's Equal TEnsion Containment System (ETEC System) to enhance durability along with a flexible, shock-absorbing two-ply polyester cord sidewall to provide a comfortable highway ride.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

bobcatt46
bobcatt46's Reviews
06-12-2013, 03:46 AM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Great tread & pattern for gooey-stickiness mud and med size rocks.
Cons: Rocks just eat these & other mfg's tires all up.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Over-all,m not to bad a set of tires. Nothing seems to last longer than BFG's

rgulley
rgulley's Reviews
07-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: They started out ok. Good in the rain
Cons: Start to wear out fast
Recommended? No

Comments: Started out good, rode good,ok off road nothing too serious. But not getting the expected wear out of them.

95_ZJ_Limited

95_ZJ_Limited's Reviews

05-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Price: $410.00
Pros: Great on road, little to no noise. Raised white lettered sidewalls. Decent offroad. Good life if rotated. Good in the rain
Cons: Not really all that rugged, No good in mud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These came stock on my ZJ. Were good for my DD uses but no good in mud. If you're looking for a good looking tire for your DD, I'd recomend these

Cooltuck91
Cooltuck91's Reviews
07-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Great on the road
Cons: not as rugged
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are looking for good road tires than i suggest these. I snagged them off craigslist when i bought my jeep and they have faired pretty well. I drive 360 miles to school every other week and the tread wear and road performance are great. They are pretty quite and look alright, i would prefer some MT. I have taken in the woods a few times and they do alright. There not mud terrains but on soils and sand they preform alright.

djoy
djoy's Reviews
06-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Great All around
Cons: Sidewall looks like crap if you live in the city with streets tight as heck.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tires are great for Daily Driver. Stock 245/70/R16 at 33 PSI. Nice tread and seems to not wear out quickly. Handles water puddles, extremely heavy rain, and down pours with no hydro planning. Great on fuel economy and is very nice on fresh snow, up to 2 feet. Haven't really gone wheeling since it's a DD but should be good there too. Much better than the Michelin Cross terrain I had before. (i dont think the car deserves those tires).

justn
justn's Reviews
04-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Price: $540.00
Pros: Nice on the street
Cons: Not too too great offroad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't had too much experience with them, but they're nice on the street, and pretty decent offroad, but I'll be replacing them with something else when the time comes.

pebloy
pebloy's Reviews
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: It runs great.
Cons: easy to catch stone chips.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is usually a good deal to buy from costco, where balance and rotation are free for every 10000 miles.

I have been using it for 3 years with 15000 miles on it. It still looks like new and runs quietly with much less road noise then the original Goodyear tires.

abnormal

Platinum Member
abnormal's Reviews

12-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Price: $168.00
Pros: Quiet, sticks to the road even in wet weather, looks good.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put these on my 06 ram. The goodyears that came from the factory were horrible. It was a night and day difference when I got them.

g-off70
g-off70's Reviews
12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Price: $105.00
Pros: good all-around tire
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: handles well in all weather and would recommend it

mckenzie_t
mckenzie_t's Reviews
09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Pros: great mileage
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they have lasted a long time.....

mxboarder17

mxboarder17's Reviews

08-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Price: $345.00
Pros: Quiet. Great on dry roads.
Cons: poor wet traction, useless on the trails or even in a little bit of mud.
Recommended? No

Comments: Not the best tire that I have owned. This tire is only good on dry roads or on the highways. Wet roads they lock up and snow is awful with these. If you live anywhere where snow falls do NOT buy these tires.
Average Tire.

CdnEh

CdnEh's Reviews

03-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok on road. iffy in snow. useless on trail.

abcmatthew
abcmatthew's Reviews

03-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? No

Comments: First had two bad tires that would not balance. Now they are ok .................................................. .................................................

1SG31B
1SG31B's Reviews

02-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have not had them log enough to comment. They cam with the Jeep so I don't have a price.
30 x 9.50

98sarXJ
98sarXJ's Reviews

02-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Pros: long lasting, quiet, better than plain street tires
Cons: spend a little more and get a/t
Recommended? Yes

Comments: for a daily driver they work fine on my xj. poor traction on wet roads, but that may be due to the harder compound, or being old tires. they have held up very well. if you get them cheep and use them for a dd, they're great, but if you want something that you need for rougher roads/off road, i would recommend some a/t.

cardatheous
cardatheous's Reviews

01-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Price: $4,100.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Just got my XJ and they came on the jeep when I bought it,I have to say the suck in the snow. they will be history come summer for a set of A/T KO's

dan2001xj
dan2001xj's Reviews

01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not too expensive and has pretty consistently good reviews by consumers. I am stock height with 235/75/15 with 4.00 backspace on the rims

nfleming317
nfleming317's Reviews

01-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Price: $315.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these for the MPG/longevity factor on a 1998 XJ Cherokee. they deliver on both counts. Zero noticeable wear after 5,500 mi. Gained 1.5 MPG over the goodyear wrangler's they replaced. These tires do surprisingly well off road, and in snow both on road and off.

4x4chefdude
4x4chefdude's Reviews

10-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not to bad... They get the job done allright for daily driving the tread wear ain't to bad

gnarstar1441
gnarstar1441's Reviews

08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Recommended? No

Comments: My all terrains were balled, needed something with some tread for the winter months, getting 32s in the summer. Got them off a friend for 100 bucks with 5k on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »