Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,250.00
Average Price: $488.21
Manufacturer: BF Goodrich
Recommended?
Yes: 165 / No: 4

Not the right picture or price. I got 5 35/12.5 /15 BFG KM2 shipped to my door for $212. a tire. onlinetires.com

These are the correct pictures.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

iowawk
iowawk's Reviews
03-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: wear awesome
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 245/70R17

jhf56
jhf56's Reviews
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Price: $980.00
Pros: great all around tire
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great on and off road, really love these tires

Crusher16
Crusher16's Reviews
02-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great tread, quieter than most MTs
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have these in the 32x11.50 flavor. Wear great, ride great, and do well offroad.

LJMAAN
LJMAAN's Reviews
01-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Price: $210.00
Pros: QUIET
Cons: NON
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are sick better than the last bfg mud terrain and queit!

Tenshots1
Tenshots1's Reviews
01-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Price: $205.00
Pros: Awesome looks, surprisingly quiet
Cons: Nothing really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 33x12.5x15 on my jeep and i love them. Plus, these are actually good in the rain unlike the old KM M/Ts

thirdeye

thirdeye's Reviews
01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: sidewall. mudddin
Cons: I don't think any..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 33x12.50x15 KM2s I like them. Sidewall is nice. Good on mud and rocks too.

00biggdogg00
00biggdogg00's Reviews

12-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Price: $775.00
Pros: Awesome performance in mud, rain, snow, and daily driving!!
Cons: cant find any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 33x10.50s and I really cant believe how well these tires do on the road and then take them strait to the trail and they perform even better!! Ive had them in deep mud, sand, snow and everything in between and havent been let down yet!!

dlane2155
dlane2155's Reviews
11-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Pretty cheap
Cons: Backordered a lot, don't clean out.
Recommended? No

Comments: I have these in 35x12.5 R15 and I hate them. They do not clean out at all. I have tried lots of different air pressures and it never helps. I also have locker front and rear and seem to be stuck more than other guys with open differentials and better tires. These might be good for rocks but they should not be considered a mud terrain tire.

WindMeUp

WindMeUp's Reviews
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Amazing Deep Snow/Mud Traction
Cons: Not great on Ice (No Tires Are)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these tires in 35x12.50r17 and love them. They are a bit bumpy on the highway, perfectly fine on the backroads. They are not very noisy and provide great traction in deep snow and mud. I love the way they look and haven't had any issues in rain or dry conditions.

cherokeej
cherokeej's Reviews
10-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Price: $807.00
Pros: great off road
Cons: hum
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are a great tire. I drive to and from school and work everyday with them, their great tires in the rain and off road. i also seem to get better mileage running 30"s on the stock axles than i did with 235's.

FarmerinVA

Just a flatlander
FarmerinVA's Reviews
10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Excellent mud-clearing ability at slow speeds -- no high speed spinning required. Excellent resistance to punctures by logging-road stumps and agricultural stubble. (I don't do rocks and can't judge it there.)
Cons: Much less capable than an All-Terrain tire on pavement. It's easy to see why -- the big lugs and voids mean that much less rubber is on the road than with an AT. Also, there are no sipes -- none at all. This is great for dirt, and prevents trapping sticks or nails, but it's not ideal for wet pavement or glare ice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I asked everyone in my area -- Virginia farm country around the Chesapeake Bay -- for the best tire to use when mostly offroad, but with some dirt road and a little pavement. The verdict was loud and unanimous: BFG MT KM2. They say these tires (1) resist through-the-tread punctures (that's the kind we see most often here), (2) give traction and self-clearing in mud, (3) are adequate when occasionally on pavement, and (4) are long-wearing. I haven't had mine long enough to judge (4) but (1)-(3) are correct.

Everyone down here says to avoid Swampers and other soft mud tires due to the through-the-tread puncture problem and wear issues in the agricultural environment. I have witnessed some of those problems. If your application is more of a trail wheeling thing, this review may be irrelevant to you.

Mine are 31x10.5, which fit on a stock 1999 TJ with no lift. I only rub at maximum parking-lot style u-turn (and the stock 30x9.5 rubbed there too).

My friends tell me that the tire is even tougher at 33 size and above, due to more ply protection in the sidewall. I can report that but I don't have direct experience.

Excellent mud-clearing ability at slow speeds -- no high speed spinning required. Excellent resistance to punctures by logging-road stumps and agricultural stubble. (I don't do rocks and can't judge it there.)

Of course, nothing is perfect. The MT KM2 is much less capable than an All-Terrain tire on pavement (don't believe people who tell you different). It's easy to see why -- the big lugs and voids mean that much less rubber is on the road than with an AT. Also, there are no sipes -- none at all. This is great for dirt, and prevents trapping sticks or nails that can lead to punctures, but it's not ideal for wet pavement or glare ice.

Verdict: an excellent farm country offroad and mud tire, particularly for hard-working farm use vehicles.

dd187
dd187's Reviews
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: excellennt tires
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: kkkkkkkkkkkk

bhight
bhight's Reviews
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Awesome tires, replaced Goodyear MT/R with BFG KM2's was night and day on the ride quality. KM2's ride smooth and are fairly quite if rotated properly.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires, replaced Goodyear MT/R with BFG KM2's was night and day on the ride quality. KM2's ride smooth and are fairly quite if rotated properly.

jeepsus
jeepsus's Reviews
09-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: awesome traction
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: by far the best mud tire on the market. good traction in mud and on the rocks when aired down.

thetribe93
thetribe93's Reviews
09-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: not enough info
Cons: not enough info
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good so far mostly highway use but not extremlely loud which is nice

Special_Z28

Special_Z28's Reviews
09-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Everything - nice lugs, minimum road noise, smooth ride, price.
Cons: Doesn't "appear" to have a strong sidewall (not tested yet)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this tire in 35x12.50r15. It's the best M/T I've had (previous was Firestone Destination MT 33x12.50). Also had 31x11.50 Interco STS tires, they rode horrible compared to the KM2. This is litterly the best street friendly tire i've had since I was stock. Only been thru a few logging trails, which haven't required 4WD (or so it seems with these tires!) But I am confident in the performance these tires can deliver. Will probably buy again, possibly in a bigger size.

jameskjeep
jameskjeep's Reviews
09-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Look great and work well on everything
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires the look great and work well on sand and mud

joedaman1999
joedaman1999's Reviews
09-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Price: $195.00
Pros: road noise is low and look great on Wrangler JK
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got them with a little over 100 miles on them, I love these tires. They look great and perform great. I'll add more after this weekend once I get the chance to run them offroad Got them from Discountires.com

TjBryce
TjBryce's Reviews
08-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Price: $168.00
Pros: They are super grippy and clean out decent
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the 33x10.5x15. They are still good in the mud, and I am hoping that they will be great in the snow.

maaghimself
maaghimself's Reviews
08-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great looks Low road noise Awesome in just about anything
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great all around tire. The compound isn't too soft, but still gets great traction where ever you put them. They haven't disappointed me yet.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »