Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $68,999.58
Manufacturer: BF Goodrich
Recommended?
Yes: 152 / No: 1

New for 2007 next generation BFG Mud Terrain

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

-BeNt-
-BeNt-'s Reviews
03-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Price: $1,050.00
Pros: Excellent grip and on-road manners.
Cons: Noisy at high speeds on road.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cost me 1050 for 5 tires mounting and balancing at a local shop. Could have gotten them cheaper online but by the time I paid shipping and handling plus mounting and balancing it would have cost me more, by about $150.

They are excellent during trail riding and mud. Haven't had a chance to try them in snow and ice since we don't get much around here, but the small amount of rock I've been on they have been VERY well behaved.

So far they are wearing really well, and have very good road manners. For once I buy a mud tire that plays it's roll off road and acts like it should on road. Decently quiet on the road till you start getting a slight roar about 50mph, gets progressively louder as you speed up but never to the point you can't talk to the people riding with you, unlike many other mud tires.

For the price and features this is, in my opinion, the best all around tire for any Jeeper out there.

MountainGrizz

MountainGrizz's Reviews
02-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Price: $775.00
Pros: Quite, Great Grip
Cons: Wears Quik
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best Rock Crawlin' Tires, Alot of Bite on the rocks and mud. Handles good on the roads and highways.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews
02-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Excellent road manners and barely audible. Performs in the dirt and doesn't complain when I air them down to 10lbs.
Cons: None that I can think of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought five (33-12.5 R15's) of them to replace the 32" Dunlop's. What a difference. Wish I'd bought the BFG's the first time around. They've got about 15k on them now and still have about nearly 9/16" tread depth. I'm hoping to get 45k out of them. It's daily driver and the BFG's are at home on the pavement as they are off road. I run them with 28lbs on the street and 10/11 lbs off road.

Nashirak

Nashirak's Reviews
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Great ride VERY low road noise Look great Phenomenal traction
Cons: Slight rumbling at idle-speeds, but to be expected from the tread blocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've only had the tires for a few hundred miles so far, but I love them already. I'll be able to comment further once I put some longer miles on them (long term wear, etc). But basically nothing negative to say so far.

MaulCrawler

MaulCrawler's Reviews
01-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Awesome tire all round JF staple
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seems to be a JF staple and i can see why.Very agressive mud tire.Has a nice low lug growl on road that sounds awesome.Good road manners.Highly reccomend.

Aarea

Aarea's Reviews

12-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Pros: Excellent traction compared to the old KM1. Climbs over the snow mounds with ease (w/o lockers) and the dirt/mud performance amazed me.
Cons: I have yet to find any. The sound is there but is far less than the older KM's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these in the 33x12.5 size right before my trip to the Northwoods Overland Park in northern Wisconsin. The trip took 6 hours to get there of highway driving. The tires handled well at 65mph and the noise was low compared to my '91 yj that had 35" KM1. Once at the park, the tires did excellent on the "yellow" and "green" trails. The area had 8 inches of rain over the previous week and was still pouring so i did not bother trying the hardest trail. The tires chugged the mud well and the winch was needed only twice on two very steep mud slopes (no lockers). All in all I love the way the tires look and perform.

chilocito69XJ
chilocito69XJ's Reviews
12-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: excellent rock climber, mudding, and all terrain, also is great on the street and in the wet road
Cons: kind of rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The km's 2 are great tires for off road and also keep a good handling in highway

TheSherp

TheSherp's Reviews
12-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Price: $214.00
Pros: Awseom looks and proformance
Cons: Suck on ice but doesnt all M/T tires
Recommended? Yes

Comments: in my opinion the best tires you can get for the money and all around proformance.

cowboy63b
cowboy63b's Reviews
12-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Price: $185.00
Pros: great all around tire
Cons: sucks on wet pavement
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well if you get these tires be prepared to pay, they arent cheap, but mud, rocks, snow, sand, dry pavement, they shine, not to loud but they do sing.

charlestrm

charlestrm's Reviews
11-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Price: $625.00
Pros: great on road tire, does fine off road, on rocks, and light mud
Cons: when submerged in mud they don't clean out well
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are great tire I'd recommend to any one who plans on light duty wheeling, but if you get in deep mud, it just won't work out.

JeepWJ

JeepWJ's Reviews
11-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Pros: Haven't had them long enough to wheel much with them, but everyone says they're good. EDIT -- I've wheeled them; they're awesome.
Cons: They make a little more noise and cause the Jeep to handle different than stock, but that's what mud tires do. I don't have any experience with other tires, but I've heard others are WAY worse than the KM2s. EDIT -- They get a pretty good howl going on the right road surface, at about 33 mph.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: First, the price I put is the price per tire.

I got the KM2s because I wanted mud tires on my Jeep, and I'd heard nothing but good about the KM2s. I had a little trouble getting them, because they're so new, and one guy at the shop told me they'd be back ordered for a month, but another guy found them through a different supplier.

They look BAD!!!!! (In a good way).

On road, they do hum a bit. First time I started driving in my Jeep, my reaction was 'oh-oh, am I gonna like this??', but after just over a week of owning them, I've done 250 miles on the interstate, and the hum doesn't bug me at all. Handling is a bit different, but not bad. I think it's mainly that the tires just grab stuff (including the concrete) better than the stock ones did. It's an adjustment, but like I said, you get used to it pretty quick.

I haven't had too much chance to wheel yet, as I've owned them just over a week, but the little I did off road, there is ABSOLUTELY no comparing these puppies with stock tires. The ride off road is so much smoother, you skid around less, etc. I love 'em.

EDIT -- I went out with a bunch of guys a month or two ago. LOTS of mud. Everyone running A/Ts was getting stuck right and left. Other people were surprised at how well I did, and I'm pretty sure it was mostly the tires.

The only thing I will say about the KM2s (and this applies to all outsized tires) is that you WILL notice what feels like less power. It's just the gear ratio, and can be fixed with different gears, but it is a little disconcerting. If you don't know that's going to happen, you could get a little surprised by it. I saw it coming, and I was a little surprised by how much power I lost. But like I said, change the gear ratio, and you're fine.

All in all, I love my new tires EDIT -- 6 months later, this still holds, except now it's more like I wouldn't buy any other tire.

markhuntsville

markhuntsville's Reviews
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Krawler-like tread pattern
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tire are a great cross between the old mud terrain and the krawler - the tread pattern is very close to the crawler and works well on the rocks as well as the mud.

IOUnlimited
IOUnlimited's Reviews
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Excellent traction, cleans out well
Cons: Shortage of supply when I ordered. I'll buy them again but look around to find the supply in advance.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These have been a good upgrade from my MTRs. The MTRs would not clean out causing the tires to become caked with mud. The KM2s clean out much better and behave very well on road.

Nicho

Nicho's Reviews
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: great product
Cons: Not as good off road as the previous BFG MT's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I prefer the previous BFG-MT's but these are fine.

sracer2005
sracer2005's Reviews
10-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Price: $1,350.00
Pros: Great tread pattern. Hooks up great in all kinds of terrain.
Cons: None as of yet. Only had them for about 2 months.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire. Low road noise.

weinbern
weinbern's Reviews
09-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: grab everything, even wear, great on the street (kinda), and look sweet.
Cons: little loud on the road and are not the best at cleaning its cleats
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tire and would only swap it for the Krawler KX. Jeep isnt ready to be trailer queen so i am gonna stick to these buggers.

onlyn8v
onlyn8v's Reviews
09-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Price: $192.00
Pros: Amazing in every situation I have put them in. Cheaper and way better than MTR
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Extremely quiet, the wear like they are expected to. Fantastic on the beach, on thick VA mud. These tires have excellent road manners also. Best tires I have owned.

2thewoods
2thewoods's Reviews
07-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Price: $950.00
Pros: good all around tire
Cons: not so good on ice or sand
Recommended? Yes

Comments: other than looking bad *** they where reasonable in price, they are a lot more quiet than most les schwab tires.

Libtekguy

Libtekguy's Reviews
07-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Awesome in the mud, rock and dirt.
Cons: Loud on the highway. Okay for a daily driver, but the All-terrain is better for that.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 35x12.5 R15s. They are bad ***! Look encredibly sexy too.

TJ-xtreme
TJ-xtreme's Reviews
07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Price: $184.00
Pros: they're great on any terrain
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things look and perform great. Extremely good self cleaning characteristics and a stonger sidewall than the previous KM's. the best part is they look like the BFG Krawlers but have better road manners...

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »