Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $66,735.36
Manufacturer: BF Goodrich
Recommended?
Yes: 157 / No: 1

New for 2007 next generation BFG Mud Terrain

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

TDTech
TDTech's Reviews
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Great tires. Quite. Ride awesome.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I LOVE these tires. They're reasonably quiet for how aggressive they are. They ride very good as long as you rotate them ever 2-3000 miles. I have about 15000 on mine so far and i still have plenty of tread left.

goberd
goberd's Reviews

11-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Awesome tractiona and super quiet
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome tires, very happy with them

kmiracle
kmiracle's Reviews
11-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Price: $232.00
Pros: Superb tire! Much quieter than other mudders and, surprisingly, are wearing very well with DD use.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm painfully frugal, but I have three daughters, so I have to be. So, when it was time to make the first 'mod' to my '05 TJ, it was going to be tires suitable for the joys of Houston (rain, heat, rain, mud, heat, mud, ad nauseum) and that fit my ideal of price/performance.

After painful deliberation (pain is kind of a theme here), I chose the BFG KM2 (31x10.50) on my stock steel rims. I expected some problems with balancing, adapting to noise, strange behavior on wet streets, etc ... but, lo and behold, not of that came to bear.

I bought these from Discount Tire where the manager is a rabid Jeeper. He took special care to get the tires balanced properly and sent me on my way, and I've never regretted the decision. The tires are amazingly quiet with just enough rumble at low speeds to let you know there is some real meat hanging off the axle (yeah, I know, 31's are not 'real meat' to some, but I'm a poor noobie).

Wet road traction is amazingly good, tire wear has been negligible at about 7K miles, and these things stick like gorilla boogers. If you've ever been NW Houston mud, you know what slick really is. It's kind of like silicon spray on top of ice ... and the KM2s have yet to leave me stuck in a mud hole.

I would highly recommend these tires for practically any use.

Woodchuck

Woodchuck's Reviews
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great wear and bite
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love these tires and will replace soon with the same ones

nwaxtreme
nwaxtreme's Reviews

10-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Price: $1,015.00
Pros: Super quite. Ride on 35's and listening to your stereo too. Good on snow, rain, mud..
Cons: Availability. Bought 'em in late January. Was back-ordered till summer 2010 according to distributors. Stumbled on one warehouse and got this great tire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires run a little narrow but they get superior traction. I run 'em down to 17 hwy and 9 on the trail. I love the ply rating, have brushed drive-thru curbs, bent nails, broken bottles, and deflected sharp rocks a few times and still no punctures or plugs. Sure, a well-positioned nail will almost certainly deflate their track record but so far so good! Amazingly quiet. Even quieter than the Yoko Geolander MT 33's that preceded them!

larubie

larubie's Reviews
10-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: Great in the mud, looks good, very quite on the road, and last longer than other I have seen.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think the best on/off road tire out there period.

R0cket

R0cket's Reviews
09-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Price: $374.00
Pros: AWESOME, great grip, good tread life, LOVE IT
Cons: not good on snow and ice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i totaled my last off road truck because they were not very good on icy roads.. but other than that, GREAT!! even on wet roads

tanman2003
tanman2003's Reviews
08-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Price: $189.00
Pros: looks awesome, not too loud, rides good
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: still need to try them offroad

TjBryce
TjBryce's Reviews
08-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Price: $168.00
Pros: There super grippy and clean out decent.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the 33x10.5x15. They are pretty decent in the mud and I am hoping that they will be awesome in the snow

Jakemd98

Choosy moms choose jeep.
Jakemd98's Reviews

08-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Great all around tire
Cons: A little louder than the KM's and more prone to feathering/cupping.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had my 35's on all summer. I upgraded from 33" KM's and i was absolutely in love with those. All of my info and comparison is from my experience with my old tires, new tires, and my dad's tires (33" KM2's on a 98 TJ).

As for road testing, the water traction and clearing is much better. on a 1-10 scale i would say they are 2 notches higher than the originals. As for on road sound they are a tiny bit louder, I would say 1 notch higher than the originals. And for those who know the original KM's the KM2's are every bit the tire and more on the road.

Off-road all i can say is WOW! You want a better performance the only way to get it is with a Krawler, Creepy Crawler, Or TSL. In mud the KM2's clean out amazingly, chucking big clumps of mud with ease. In comparison to the originals they pull much better through mud and clean much easier.

As for the rocks these tires are pretty sweet. I at first was not as impressed with the tires, I was at 12-13 psi at that point. I then lowered it to 11-12 and it got remarkable better. After that i got brave and hit 10 and LOVED THEM! I did notice a little less lateral stability over the originals, but i would only knock it down half a peg on the scale. With the exception of the lateral stability, i do think these tires pulled up obstacles better than the originals. I had less wheel slippage than with the originals and it pretty much walked up everything i pointed it at. The tires seemed to chunk about the same as the originals.

Over all in my most humble opinion along with the MTZ's this is the most versatile tire available. On the road, i really don't think it gets any better for a MT. I have a buddy with a F150 on 35's he is going on 45,000 miles and will hit close to the 70 mark before they are done. Off-road these things are amazing! I could not be happier with their performance, and most of the issues i had would have easily been helped with a front locker.

annmarie813
annmarie813's Reviews
08-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: EXCELLENT TIRE ALL AROUND
Cons: WISH THERE WAS A LITTLE MORE NOISE TO THEM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 31 10.5 15 just put them on this weekend and took them out for a test run in some nasty mud. they performed as well as if not better then expected. they ride very smooth with little to no noise. would recommend these tires to all they did great in the pit!!

Rellyynn
Rellyynn's Reviews
08-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: awesome, looks great
Cons: i dont have any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice wheels. Mileage is great for mudders, sound nice and look good on the road.

wavelength20
wavelength20's Reviews

07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: self clean mud very well actual measurements of diameter very close quiet
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have put about 500 miles on them so far and am pleased with their performance. excellent grip in mud and in dried up field ditches.

krahnilogikal

krahnilogikal's Reviews
07-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great versatility, great price, strong sidewall, good tread life
Cons: Limited availability can cause delays when oredering
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very impressed after 6K miles. Road noise is minimal in comparison to most other MTs and has decent highway manners for a 35x15x12.50. Great in the sand, mud and water but still a decent road warrior for a DD with an aggressive look to them. Haven't put them in the rocks yet but several of my buddies have with great performance. I could definitely see myself buying another set after these wear out.

95wrangler4life

95wrangler4life's Reviews

07-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great true ALL TERRAIN TIRE
Cons: none, well maybe the 8 months it took to get them cause BFG is messing with productions to save money
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ok, now in my jeep history, i have run all the major brands and styles except new MTR/K which I have no desire to try. These tires are a GREAT ALL TERRAIN tire mud tire, they do it all no matter where you do it. Much better on road then swampers and about equal to the performance offroad as the TSL SX's i was running.

Hoping BFG makes these tires in a 37" 12.50 15 because everyone is dumping the 37's and someone needs to have them for next year when im ready to move up again in size!

JunkJeep228
JunkJeep228's Reviews
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Price: $188.00
Pros: Super traction, solid tires
Cons: Too easy to get through mud, lost some of the fun of getting stuck
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After alot of research and asking around i decided to buy these because of their reputation for being a hard to damage tire. Put them through their paces blazing some new trails behind a friends shop, stumps, trees, brush, logs, no match (did a good number on my fender flares and steering rods though!). Drove right through the mud hole i used to have to run at just to get stuck twenty feet in and have to get pulled out of. Highly recommended as of now, will update with wear.

357transam

There's a better way....
357transam's Reviews
06-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Amazing offroad traction, quieter than the old A/T, Good onroad characteristics
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nothing needs be said. Best tires I've ever purchased.

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews
06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Great 35" tire and great rock grip thus far - need more time on them in Moab
Cons: None so far - maybe price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got them...only one trip out thus far and they are really great on traction.

sanchagrins

sanchagrins's Reviews
06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Price: $790.00
Pros: Works great in all conditions I've tried it in (mud, snow, rocks)
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quite on the road, and great performance off the road. I have the 33"x10.50R15 and have used it in mud, snow and on rocks. I have yet to have problems with traction. Off road I normally run aroun2 10-12psi with great results. I ordered through cassanova4x4 (JF vendor) and had fast and free shipping.

fduncan

fduncan's Reviews
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: EXCELLENT TIRE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GOOD ALL AROUND TIRE. GOOD IN THE MUD. GOOD WET HIGHWAY TRACTION. QUIET ON PAVEMENT, ESPECIALLY FOR A MUD TIRE (NOT MUCH LOUDER THAN THE BFG ALL TERRAINS I HAD).

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »