Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > BF Goodrich Mud King XT

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

BF Goodrich Mud King XT Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

BF Goodrich Mud King XT

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $600.00
Average Price: $329.50
Manufacturer: BF Goodrich
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 1

The BFGoodrich Mud King XT is kind of your "middle of the road" mud tire that does "ok" in various conditions. Its lugs offer decent mud traction with the help of large voids spaced out enough to assist with the self cleaning of mud and debris. Aired down the sidewalls flex good however are quite thin and vulnerable with a low ply rating and a lack of wrap around tread. In snow and sand this tire does about average when compare to other mud terrain tires. Highway manners are better than expected from a mud tire with less than moderate noise level however its lack of sipes in the lugs gives it poorer traction on wet or icy roads. Tread life is about average. Cost is on the low side of mud terrain tires. Capable of being studded

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

natesnobrd07
natesnobrd07's Reviews
12-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Price: $189.00
Pros:  never got stuck in the deepest snow absolutely love em
Cons: hard to find
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the tires. I used to have them on my dodge ram and loved them, so i had to put them on my jeep. I know i wont get stuck in the snow or sand. I havent been through deep enough mud to know how well they work, but im sure they will be good. Cant go wrong with these tires if you can find em

Ruffnek
Ruffnek's Reviews
10-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great grip, studded
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are great, as good as BFG mud terrain but studable and cheaper.

nucleardave
nucleardave's Reviews
09-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: they were used, so they were cheap. got a good deal with plenty of tread left on them
Cons: again, first set of big boy tires. I'll tell you if i get stuck
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these tires off Craigslist for $400. pretty good deal considering they were in almost new condition.

Jeepster87
Jeepster87's Reviews
06-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Great in thick mud!
Cons: Not good for rock crawlin slip too much!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tires are extremely aggressive in thick mud and water, but no so much for crawlin, they do ok but not the best i've seen.

Red91xj26

Red91xj26's Reviews
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: good tires for price
Cons: Ride like hell
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive had these for 1 day, bought them used so we'll see how the work out

kathan21
kathan21's Reviews
06-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: looks good
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good

Carolinatj906
Carolinatj906's Reviews

03-26-2009, 09:48 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: there an average mud tire. they have a 3 stage lug pattern like the TSL. but are way more radial. good for a daily driver.

jeepking90
jeepking90's Reviews

03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far I love them, they are not very loud and they tear it up in the woods and do awsome in the mud

h20fwlkillr
h20fwlkillr's Reviews

02-15-2009, 05:32 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $155.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good tire for the money. Hold up well and have great traction. They don't wear as bad as a lot of mud tires during highway use.

Codyj22
Codyj22's Reviews

02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good in the mud and deep snow but if the road conditions are wet or light snow they are horrible and they have a real short life span.

Dave361
Dave361's Reviews

01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $139.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good basic mud tires, not too expensive. Surprisingly quiet on road, can handle majority of what I need off road.

texas_yj

texas_yj's Reviews

01-14-2009, 09:20 AM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I couldn't be happier with these tire, they are quite on road, and hage great traction affroad. they clean out at a twitch of the throtle. I do wish they had a more agresive side wall lugs though, for looks and bite

tglover44
tglover44's Reviews

12-30-2008, 11:52 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Recommended? No

Comments: They're actually SPORT KINGS, and I really do not like them. They came on the Jeep when I bought it. They will be replaced the moment my tax refund comes in.

Porky
Porky's Reviews

10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far they seem pretty good, only had them a month.Good road manners, suprisingly quiet.

Scotch740

Scotch740's Reviews

08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Pros: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had these on loan from a friend and ran these for about 8k miles and would conservatively estimate 20-25k out of the set(4). Did well off road on rocks and hill climbs at 12-14psi, probably a little too low for these tires due to side wall bulge. Got one slow leak in a tire, not sure from what. Another had what appeared to be a crack but it never affected the performance. Seamed to chunk easily but these were my first mud terrain tires. Over all I was happy with them and sad to have my buddy take them back. They were 31x10.5xR15.

Mr_McNasty

Mr_McNasty's Reviews

06-19-2008, 05:47 PM
BF Goodrich Mud King XT
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap tire. Cracks in under three years of use. But can handle most obstacles.