Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Tires & Wheels > Tires > BF Goodrich BFG Radial All Terrain T/A KO

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

BF Goodrich BFG Radial All Terrain T/A KO Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & Ham Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tires Next Product

BF Goodrich BFG Radial All Terrain T/A KO

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $158.00
Average Price: $577.17
Manufacturer: BF Goodrich
Recommended?
Yes: 543 / No: 15

The tire that invented the all-terrain category remains the race-winning standard for on- and off-road performance, great mileage and a bold look that transforms the appearance of any vehicle you put it on.

Features:

ShoulderLock technology (upper sidewall traction bars, 40% wider shoulder grooves)
Dual-tread radius with advanced profile design
Aggressive, high-void all-terrain tread design with interlocking tread elements, innovative siping and stabilized tread center
Three-ply polyester carcass–TriGard® construction
Two full-width steel belts
Rim Protector
Dual-compound tread
High-strength single strand bead construction
Raised white letter and black sidewall styling

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

mike1919
mike1919's Reviews
06-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Fantastic performance in multiple conditions
Cons: KO2s are out, price on KOs is still high though. 12.5" width will need spacers to avoid rubbing in extreme turns.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased 33" KOs (5 total) and could not be happier. Have performed very well over rock, mud, deep snow, heavy rain and highways. Very quite, good performance on road, deep siping. I've hit some pretty tough rocks and aired down to 25-30 PSI and tackled it all w/o issue. Deep mud and water at 2-3' did not bog me down. Not as great as aggressive MT's, but for a on/off road capable moderately strong rig that you DON'T have to trailer you can't beat 'em. Some slight rub in max left/right turns, but not so bad I'll put spacers on it yet. Love the BFG KO.

mckellyb
mckellyb's Reviews
06-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: The perfect all-around ZJ tire. I've never gotten stuck with these, and it's not like I haven't tried. The price listed is for five, not four.
Cons: They hum, but honestly, until I put them on my wife's 2002 Lexus RX300, I'd never have known. The ZJ is more than loud enough, otherwise, to mask the drone.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The ultimate on and off-road tire, period.

Deep snow? No problem.

Class 5 Colorado trails? Does just fine.

No, they're not inexpensive, but then, they're not cheap, either. Yes, they hum a bit, but that's to be expected. Most Jeep folk wouldn't ever notice. I had them on two previous vehicles, a '99 Grand Vitara (hated that trucklet), and a '94 ZJ V8 Limited. Couldn't hear the tire hum in either of those, but when I put a set on my wife's Lexus RX300 (much to the delight of the tire shop guys), they're surprisingly loud.

It's all about the ambient noise, if you're going to hear them or not.

bergovoy
bergovoy's Reviews
04-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: nice looking
Cons: white letteringll but I sprayed plastic-dip spray paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought from www.tirerack.com $75 rebate on the set of four

redneckjesus97
redneckjesus97's Reviews
03-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: They look decent
Cons: Poor mileage out of them only 12k, excessively loud for an AT, terrible in mud snow and rain, don't grip rocks well
Recommended? No

Comments: Absoutly the worset tire I have ever bought they don't grip any surfaces good even when aired down, I only got 12k miles out of them before I had to replace them, I will never buy these tires again, I will not recommend these to any one, and they ride terribly on the street and even worse on the freeway even if they are balenced correctly, they are a terrible tire period

redneckjesus97
redneckjesus97's Reviews
03-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: They look decent
Cons: Poor mileage out of them only 12k, excessively loud for an AT, terrible in mud snow and rain, don't grip rocks well
Recommended? No

Comments: Absoutly the worset tire I have ever bought they don't grip any surfaces good even when aired down, I only got 12k miles out of them before I had to replace them, I will never buy these tires again, I will not recommend these to any one, and they ride terribly on the street and even worse on the freeway even if they are balenced correctly, they are a terrible tire period

kdc1988
kdc1988's Reviews
03-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Great on and off road capability
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great tires, they do great on and offroad. I bought them at 4wheelparts paid around 160 33x12.5R15 I have had them for almost a year now seem to be wearing great.

Arcticcat
Arcticcat's Reviews
03-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Very durable and sturdy, no noise
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome all terrain tires that meet a daily drivers need. If you are a mudder this is not your tire. But if you travel thru roads and cross thru desert this tire fit the bill. Very hard to get a puncture on this. but be warn if you do get a puncture and have to repair the tire on the road you better have a professional plug repair kit as those cheap little kit at the auto part store won't be able to do the job

gsindela
gsindela's Reviews

02-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Price: $163.00
Pros: Looks, dry traction
Cons: Snow traction
Recommended? No

Comments: These came on my "new to me" 2003 TJ. I live in Northern Illinois where we get a fair bit of snow. I wanted to love these tires, but honestly, the snow traction is terrible. Looking forward to them wearing out. Going to get a new set of Duratracs.

kylemkovach
kylemkovach's Reviews
01-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: good on road with good thick tread
Cons: not as much side wall tread as needed for off-road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got my BFG's for a set of moab 16" wheels off of a TJ rubicon. The tires are great of city and country. Not the best off-road due to less knobs on the side walls unlike the Goodyear MTR's that where on the rubi's to begin with. But for the money there a great set of tires. I would buy them again for daily driver use on my TJ.

ryanmylenek
ryanmylenek's Reviews
12-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Price: $711.00
Pros: Love the look of the tires. Hold up well. Low noise. Love the block white lettering.
Cons: Pay for the name but, worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am a frequent buyer of BFG tires. Have had two sets of the BFG All-Terrain K/O tires and loved them both times. Currently on my jeep i have a set of 31x10.50 R15

avtech
avtech's Reviews
11-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Price: $171.00
Pros: I love these tires.
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires. They are pricey but worth the money. Very quiet on the highway for an all terrain tire and they get me through the sand at the beach without any problems.
Size is 32x11.50r15

HenryZJ
HenryZJ's Reviews
10-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Good mileage, impressive grip
Cons: Everyone runs these...for a reason, though. Rain traction is so-so
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have yet to wear through these tires, but have about 10k miles on them. I have the 30x9.5 flavor. They have seen only 2 trip offroad so far, but have seriously impressed me. Airing down to about 15psi, I get impressive grip, that I can't complain about. You can only do so much on 30s, but they have taken me over some obstacles I didn't think I would make (nothing really crazy though). The only con is some slippage in rain. I feel confident in them when it is raining, as long as I drive smart. The only slippage came from a little too much throttle at a light. Most tires will slip in this case. They don't stand out, because everyone and their cousin has them, but they are popular for a reason. My next tire will be a mud terrain, but only because I am doing more offroading now, and want to try some other tires

silleYJ
silleYJ's Reviews
09-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Price: $156.00
Pros: durable. quiet on the highway. aggresive enough to keep up offroad.
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome tires last forever. very quiet on the road but still mean enough to keep up offroad.

kosh77
kosh77's Reviews
06-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Price: $185.00
Pros: Good traction Not a lot of road noise
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had them installed at costco price was great

brouwmat

brouwmat's Reviews
06-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Good looks, great tire life, decent off road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the set (barely) used with about 3000 miles on them. No complaints yet. I have about 9000 miles on them and I could not be happier.

jadams800
jadams800's Reviews

05-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Relatively quite and gas mileage doesn't suffer as much as with other types of tires.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Thought I would give a long term update. Have a TJ as a third vehicle and bought these (35") three years ago. Have put around 10,000 miles on them and they still look as good as the day I bought them. Tread has very little wear. These are great tires and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a tire that is relatively quite, doesn't kill gas mileage completely, and still looks good.

1trkpny
1trkpny's Reviews
05-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Excellent traction; aggressive tread; beefy look; tough sidewalls; snow rating
Cons: pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these tires for a non-lifted Grand. They have performed superbly in Moab on the trails and in the snow and ice here in Salt Lake. This is my third set. Their traction is great and they look mean the way the tread continues into the sidewall.

TGall
TGall's Reviews
04-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Very quiet
Cons: A little mileage loss-but expected
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not as loud as I thought they were going to be. I've been using this tire since 1977. Last set got around 70K with proper rotation.

tstayin
tstayin's Reviews

03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Great value, incredible durability, reasonably aggressive
Cons: Not great in the snow
Recommended? No

Comments: If you're looking for great value for mostly on-road usage, this is the tire for you. I had mine for 12 years and 70,000+ miles before having to get new tires. Incredible value!

apending
apending's Reviews
01-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Price: $167.00
Pros: Great tread, great Price!!
Cons: None yet, Seem to wear well and grip snow great!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fantastic tire for on road or minor/intermediate offroad use. Great in snow and rain!

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »