92K views 222 replies 222 participants last post by  letmwhirl 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $1400
Rating 4
Average Price $396.22
Manufacturer BF Goodrich
Recommended Yes: 224 / No: 2

The ultimate off-road tire. Gives the traction and confidence to go anywhere, and get back, even through the most extreme off-road conditions. DiggerLugz power through deep gumbo mud, dirt, sand, and over rocks. Tough, aggressive appearance. Still just as "streetable," with longer treadlife and lower noise (compared to Radial Mud-Terrain T/A®). TriGard® construction for serious durability.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $114
Rating 5
Pros Great hookup, very long lasting
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had 3 different sets of the BFG MT. 2 sets on my jeep and one on my diesel. The diesel ate them up, but I put 28K miles on my 31's on the jeep and still had 40% tread left on them. I now have 33's and they are wearing great and do very good on everythign I drive on.

#3 ·
Rating 5
Pros Low noise, great wear, good in mud
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Got a set on my z71 and love them, had the all terrains before and they were great also, but the muds do better in the mud and are wearing better and do better in deep water. Best mud terrain tire on the market!

#4 ·
Rating 5
Pros Low highway noise, great in the mud and water
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these for my Jeep a few months ago and love them. I never thought a GREAT tire could make such a difference off roading but they do. The are also great on the road and do not make much noise

#7 ·
Rating 4
Pros Quiet road noise, long lasting, good in mud and moderate rocks, aggressive looks
Cons needs siped for winter conditions, sometimes takes a bit lower pressures when in rocks to conform
Recommended yes

Comments: I've had these tires on my Jeep since I bought it 2 years ago. For being 33's, they've worn quite well, especially with all the driving I've done (they for sure have 25k that I've put on them and are still about 40-50% wear). They take a bit lower of a pressure to conform to rocks, but not too low to where you'll risk popping beads. I usually run about 12psi or so, and they run great. When siped, they are great in the snow and mud. Definately a great all around tire, and at a reasonable price.

#8 ·
Rating 3
Pros Good mud traction, fairly quiet on road
Cons Weak sidewalls, no siping
Recommended yes

Comments: These are the standard bearer mud terrain tires. Good, but not great. Excellent in mud, and ok on the street. They are poor in icy conditions unless siped aftermarket, and the sidewalls are prone to tearing on sharp rocks and stumps.

#10 ·
Rating 3
Pros Great in thick sticky mud, worked good in the snow for me
Cons rubber seems soft, lugs tear and rip off easy, sidewalls tend to get cuts easily as well
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had these tires for almost 3 years. They did great in the mud, snow, dirt, however on rock they tended to get ate up quickly. (this could also be due to front and rear lockers). I have several lugs on all four tires that have rips in them. One lug on a front tire ripped completely off down to the steel belts and I had to replace the tire. Also have several cuts in the sidewall, however I never popped. Have several other guys in our local club that have had similar experiences and have all decided to not buy them again. I am 50/50 about ever buying another set. Would not recommend for someone who wheels and has lockers.

#11 ·
Price $165
Rating 4
Pros Quiet on road performance, fantastic off-road performance, cant get to hydroplane
Cons Not fantastic in rain, lots of weight to balance
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased these tires last November from Jegs in the 315x75x16r tire size for $165 a tire, they were on back order till January and they finally shipped. I had a hell of a time dealing with Fed-Ex (delivered five 70lb tires to the wrong house in the middle of a snow storm) but I had them mounted to my Moab rims in April when my brother and I put my 4.5" Rubicon Express Superflex suspension on and they have worked like a charm. I have to try to get stuck and I've driven through puttles I would have hydroplaned in my MT/R's and they plowed through without loseing any contact.

fantastic tire! :2thumbsup:

#13 ·
Rating 4
Pros Great in mud, good in snow, not bad on road
Cons not the best in rain
Recommended yes

Comments: I've had them on my Jeep for 3 1/2 years, and they've worn great, still a lot of tread. They perform really good in mud, not bad in the snow. They aren't too loud and drive much better than swampers. But they don't grip well on wet pavement.

#14 ·
Price $120
Rating 4
Pros Great offroad traction, Good onroad as well
Cons Weak sidewall, wore quickly
Recommended yes

Comments: Other than the weak sidewall, I enjoyed these tires. I put over 30,000 miles on my set, and they could have gone another 10-15k.

#15 ·
Rating 5
Pros great off road tire: MUD, DIRT and SNOW.
Cons not good in sharp rocky terrian.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had my 35x12.50r15 bfg's on my CJ for 9 years, it is a weekend warrior and mostly wheeled in the deep snow. I would say that 40,000 miles have been put on them and the tread life is at 40%.
Would reccomend sipping middle lugs for wet pavment and rubber cooling purposes.

#23 ·
Price $700
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: 33x10.5x15 size. Great traction, no hydroplaning with the 10.5" width, good tread life, very little loss of power with the 10.5".

#26 ·
Price $225
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Excellent tire road noise at a min.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.