35x12.50x15 BFG KM Mud Terrains

Attachments

See less See more
#178 ·
Price $700
Pros Perfect in snow, moderate rain, moderate off road, decent in mud
Cons Hydroplane in deep water
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought from BJs tire center and had them installed, mounted, and balanced on Cragar Soft-8s for around $700.00 - I've run them for 20k miles now without issue. Rotate them once a year, and they're holding up fine. I'll probably have to replace them soon, but they have served well for multiple New England winters, and have never once let me down in 4wd, even in 3 feet of snow. I'll most likely be buying these again in the 35" version to maintain some gas mileage over the MTRs.

#179 ·
Price $600
Pros - Handles lava rocks
- Doesnt chip/chunk off
- Cleans dirt off fast
Cons - Bad for mud
Recommended yes

Comments: Read pros vs. cons

Would buy again, this tire is meant specifically for gravel/dirt/rocks, NOT for mud. It'll pack quickly and wont be able to clean quickly.

#181 ·
Price $800
Pros Awsome on road and good off. Last over 45k every set I have owned and I have owned 15 sets!
Cons Not so great in thick mud, but they are not built for that anyway.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have been wheeling 18 years and have put BFG's on all my toys. They out last all other tires and give me the best, safest, and quietest ride available. Buy them!

#182 ·
Price $200
Pros Great traction off road, not to much road noise.
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I've always put BFG ATs on my TJ. I had 31s, then lifted the jeep 3" and bought 33s. $200 each isn't too bad.

#183 ·
Price $199.99
Rating 5
Pros rugged look
Cons nope
Recommended yes

Comments: great tires! i have only owned them for 6 hours, but they give my stock rims a mean look. i have noticed they drive real flat/sturdy compared to the wrangler s/t. so far the grip is better than i expected.
A/T tire, no way! definately M/T.

#185 ·
Price $250
Pros Great product, last long, grips great. Snow rated. Work great in the rain. Only tire I know with rim protector.
Cons Collects rocks. Not good for deep mud or snow.
Recommended yes

Comments: Love these tires, On my second pair. The hold their value, sold my last set for $400. I have had mine for many years and they just don't want to wear out. I live in Vancouver, BC where it rains allot. These tires work well in wet weather without sacrificing grip like mud tires to. Also these tired are allot quieter then any mud or rock tires.
If you are using your rig for day to day driving get these. If you just offroad hardcore then get a tire with a more aggressive tread.

For daily drivers, If you have anyone that likes to scrape you rims on side of curbs then these are for you. They have a rim protector that will save your expensive aluminum rims.

#188 ·
Price $134
Pros Great Traction
Cons No problems
Recommended yes

Comments: Just got these tires and I couldn't be happier. They give the Jeep a great aggressive look while providing excellent off road capability. I know many people that have had nothing but good things to say about these tires. Also the mileage is know to be outstanding as well

#189 ·
Price $150
Pros I got a great price on these with alloy rims. So far they are treating me with a great dd right
Cons So far I have no complaints, but i just got them
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these tires used with steel rims. They are riding pretty well so far but I just got them so I'll have to make a better review as time will only tell.

#190 ·
Price $680
Pros Quiet, smooth highway ride.
Cons wish they would grip a little better in mud
Recommended yes

Comments: Great tire! Put them on and the next day drove for eight hours picking up a hardtop. Jeep handled great and for 33" tires I did not have to fill up as much as I thought I would.

#191 ·
Price $400
Pros Everything but mud
Cons Mud
Recommended yes

Comments: I just went from 33" cooper mud tires to BFG AT 35"s. Huge difference in drive-ability on the road (Not a DD, but not a trailer queen either, and I have to get it to Moab somehow!). The old mud tires were a glorified AT, and were really floppy feeling on the road, it made the steering seem very unsteady on the highway. I love the stiffer sidewalls on the BFG AT's, even at 2" bigger, they feel much better on the road. Off the road, the BFG AT is one of the best rock-grippers I saw after watching 50+ jeeps creep off the mini-cliff on metal masher. I was sold when I saw that. It's only weakness is mud, but in Colorado I see snow more than mud, and these AT's are much better in the snow than any mud tire just because of the tread design.

#192 ·
Price $600
Pros Look great, good tread, quiet
Cons Not good for hardcore wheeling, okay in rain
Recommended yes

Comments: Very quiet on the road. They have good grip for mild/moderate wheeling and are okay in the rain. No complaints about these tires, they last a fairly long time as well. For harcore offroading i wouldn't recommend these tires but for mild stuff and dd's i would definately say get them!

#198 ·
Price $380
Pros Has Excellent Grip on Rock.
Not alot of Road sound.
Cons When mudding The Tires Get mud stuck in them and they lose grip fast.
Dirt limits the rock climbing.
If the rock is wet They don't do very good as well.
Recommended no

Comments: They are good tires for someone that doesn't put there jeep in the mud. They don't make alot of road noise. I have had them for a while and they don't wear down fast at all. They grip the road good but they don't do so good in the mud.

#199 ·
Price $750
Pros Quite and smooth
Cons Could use more traction on pavement
Recommended yes

Comments: Love how quite and smooth they are but I always feel that they are not too sticky on the pavement. Got them from Costco for around 750 installed and balanced.

#201 ·
Price $0.01
Pros good long lasting rugged trail tires with low highway noise
Cons PRICE! bfgoodrich is good but man they make you pay for it...
Recommended yes

Comments: works awesome on
1. soft dirt, rocks, sand, snow

mud is no so good as it tends to clog up but it;s not a m/t so its to be expected...

life- good if you rotate /alignments and proper air they last if not they tend to wear around 35k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.