Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Batteries > Optima Yellow Top

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Optima Yellow Top Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Batteries Next Product

Optima Yellow Top

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $1,312.24
Manufacturer: Optima
Recommended?
Yes: 123 / No: 6

Demand more from your vehicle? Then get more from your battery. OPTIMA YellowTop batteries are made for the extremes. If you have an extreme vehicle, you expect high performance. Whether your vehicle is made to take the abuse of off-road driving or cranking out decibels, you need more from your battery. OPTIMA batteries with patented SPIRALCELL® Technology deliver that performance. The deep cycle characteristic of this technology coupled with its extreme resistance to vibration provides performance vehicles with the repetitive power they need in a spill-proof package.

If your vehicle has a lot of accessories like running lights, high-performance stereo/AV system, winches, or hydraulics, your vehicle demands more from its battery. OPTIMA YellowTOP batteries provide the extra performance and deep cycling capability that your vehicle demands.

www.optimabatteries.com

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

mike_dippert

hodophobic
mike_dippert's Reviews

10-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Deep Cycle, gell cell
Cons: questionable reliability, crappy warranty policy.
Recommended? No

Comments: I drained one with a dome light, and it wouldn't hole a charge after that. Got a warranty replacement and haven't had a problem with it yet (going on 4 years now). I may have one of the last decent ones before the QC went to down the drain. I'm buying a Sears Die Hard when this one dies.

denso
denso's Reviews
10-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Price: $159.00
Pros: more cranking power
Cons: steep price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: notice right away, the way vehicle starts and all lights are brighter.nice for wiring a winch and accessories to the top posts & using side posts just for starting.this is with the 34/78 model, the 34 has just top posts.both fit perfect...

MuddSlutt

MuddSlutt's Reviews
09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Good Starting power
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install and looks great, powers my CB, Stereo, Offroad lights, electric fan and subwoofer

robertsafmil
robertsafmil's Reviews
08-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Holds great power with the winch.
Cons: Expensive but you get what you pay for.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The yellow top is a great deep cycle battery. Cant beat the side post hook up. And with running the CB works oustanding. If you have a winch and some electronics you cant go wrong with this one.

barflyfisherman
barflyfisherman's Reviews
08-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Pros: Can mount in any position, won't leak!
Cons: Cost
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Removed stock air cleaner box & added free flow K&N with short 3" pipe (terminates in front of master cyl).

Placed battery tray for 2nd battery, in oem location of air box.

Run Vortex dual battery isolator with interior led power strength meter.

Changed stock 117A alternator for 180A aftermarket custom alternator (stock alt with custom windings & beefed components - $160).

blax_4x4
blax_4x4's Reviews
07-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: I've had them before, never let me down
Cons: Nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've always upgraded to these in all of my jeeps when it was time for replacement.

hellinthewoods
hellinthewoods's Reviews
06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Pros: Dont have the words,but Awesome.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My alternator went out when i hit a mud hole with too much water. My xj stayed running, i winched out, ran all headlights and offroad lights, radio, all while the alternator was out. It took 2 hours to get home, this battery never let the lights dim. Best battery and only battery i'll ever own again.
***** 5 stars

cjlinn

cjlinn's Reviews
05-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Just wanted the best battery for multiple and simultaneous use of accessories.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have noticed that my rig runs smoother now that I have an industry proven electrical powerhouse under the hood. I was smart. Used my military discount and my 20$ credit at Autozone to by this baby. Totally impressed and happy with the performance.

nhkrugb
nhkrugb's Reviews
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Price: $215.00
Pros: Great so far
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've only had it a few weeks, but it has terrific cranking characteristics so far. I don't do much off roading (except construction sites), but I wanted a battery like this as it will help with vibration resistance. It is also nice to know I can deep cycle it. I plan on adding another one later.

jpfncmd
jpfncmd's Reviews
02-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Better then factory
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its an optima what else is there to say

WildBillJr
WildBillJr's Reviews

01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Sealed. Spiralcell technology. Rugged. Deep cycle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently bought my Yellow Top when my other battery failed. Since I have auxillary lights and a winch to put on I went ahead and got the Optima. So far it has been great. My Jeep has never started better. I am looking forward to seeing how it does with extra loads on it.

Tomsatx
Tomsatx's Reviews

01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Dry cell is low maintenance and completely sealed, optional top or side post, warranty, deep cell battery lasts longer in between charges
Cons: a tad expensive, got mine priced matched from costco
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product, just put some felt washers with terminal spray and forget until you need to disconnect again. Deep cell works great too and Im just using a single d34/78. I thought about getting a more expensive D31, but there is no reason, this thing surpassed my needs and wants and do not plan on getting winches or high power lights so this is perfect.

whatjeepthing
whatjeepthing's Reviews
12-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Price: $215.00
Pros: great for cold starting, running every accessory i can find to add
Cons: have not found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this battery because i plan on adding a winch and other large load accessories and new that the Optima Yellow Tops are the best out there. I have no problems starting up in the 10degree weather in the mornings and it will run on accessory mode for a very long time and not die

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
12-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Pros: Compact, double terminal's,cca 750
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product

k1lr0y
k1lr0y's Reviews
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: premium cranking power and unparalleled cycling capability (rechargeable), it is perfect for modern accessory-loaded vehicles.
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Up to 2x longer life than non-spiral cell batteries, More than 15x the vibration resistance, & maintenance free. Tough paying its sticker price but I feel well worth the price.

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Great product
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was having issues starting my jeep awhile back and was going over everything and couldn't find what was causing it. My battery was six months old and had it tested three times and every time it was good, so I was looking at the started, wires, everything. Then I said fu*k it and got a Yellow top and everything has been perfect since then.

Jeiip
Jeiip's Reviews
11-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Price: $163.00
Pros: Deep cycle, prove reliablity
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have used Optima batteries before, always with good results.

todbld
todbld's Reviews
11-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Handles all the extra load from the lights, winch, stereo,
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It cost $20 more than the red top. Figured it was worth the extra cost.

Kits
Kits's Reviews

09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Price: $259.00
Pros: Tons of reserve power
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I run a dual setup and wouldn't change a thing. Great stuff especially up here in the north during winters.

blackxjeep
blackxjeep's Reviews
08-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Great life, fast charge, awesome CCA, no problems yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Everyone and their mother has one, and not once have I regretted getting mine. The Optima yellow top, one of the best all-around batteries available for our use. For me, it serves the purpose of running my electronics (radio, subs, amps, in cab accessories, etc) plus the HID's I have and will handle more down the road with ease. It charges up fast, dies down slow, and you will notice significantly improved starting times if your old battery is aging. I will never go back to another traditional battery again.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »