Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Batteries > Optima Red Top

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Optima Red Top Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Batteries Next Product

Optima Red Top

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $280.00
Average Price: $151.21
Manufacturer: Optima
Recommended?
Yes: 128 / No: 3

Lasts up to 2 times longer than other batteries.
More power in the initial 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds of the starting process than comparably rated conventional lead acid batteries.
Constant performance quality keeping your battery running at the same level even as it's being discharged.
Ideal for seasonal use, fully charged, it can sit unused for up to 12 months at room temperature (or below) and still start a car.
15 times more resistant to vibration than other batteries.
Nonspillable and can mount in almost any position.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

R3dn3ck
R3dn3ck's Reviews
05-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Battery has plenty of power and can be mounted anywhere.
Cons: The somewhat odd shape makes it a little difficult to mount.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have used Optima batteries in many project vehicles. These things are bullet proof! I have never had to replace an Optima battery because of wear. The only time I needed a replacement is when I overcharged them.

Jeremy93yj
Jeremy93yj's Reviews
04-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: No more battery problems. Ever.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the only battery I will buy. I had one in my 99 TJ. No problems. Then I bought a Hummer and the dealership had to replace the factory battery 5 times the first year! I got sick of going to the dealership and bought another Optima. 4 years later, no problems (and I beat the tar out of my electrical system every day!) When I bought my 93 YJ, an Optima was my very first purchase.

SavannahJeep

SavannahJeep's Reviews
03-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Price: $159.00
Pros: LOTS....
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this battery brand new from Auto Zone, and what a great buy. The cycle on it is strong, I killed the battery with my headlights overnight within the first month of having it. Jumped it, ran it for 4-5 mins. in park, cut it off, cranked right back up with no Problems at all. Good guarantee, strong case, and a limited warranty that pays for itself...2 yr. battery charge guarantee or replace.

JerseyWJ

JerseyWJ's Reviews

03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Price: $126.00
Pros: Does its job
Cons: Need to fab a more secure battery tray...or use bungie cords
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Never had a single problem with the smallest version of the Red Top.

daox

swampbutt
daox's Reviews

02-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Price: $199.00
Pros: great start all the time, runs so many things at once, will never leave you wishing you had bought another battery.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this battery is the king of all batteries. it may cost a little more, but it is well worth the money. i had an altinator go on my jeep and i still was able to go to work and back three days in a row with out a single problem. then i replaced the alt and it charged it right up and i'm still driving on it today. take my word for it, if you have the money buy it, you will never find a better battery on the market today.

schuessler
schuessler's Reviews
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Solid trusted battery
Cons: A little pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I tried the stock replacement battery in my 97 tj and it wouldnt start. The old battery was a 1020 amp battery, so I went with the 1000 amp optima. Fired right up, rain, shine, cold, hot never fails.

kevin_tall_jeep
kevin_tall_jeep's Reviews
01-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Pros: Works great and runs all of my light
Cons: I need another one to fill my dual battery tray
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good battery, work well for this application

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: great battery for add ons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: survived many harsh michigan winters and using a winch and lights. lasted 7 years total and just had to replace it. i had side and top posts on it for hooking up more electrical crap. very nice buy.

ZRathsack
ZRathsack's Reviews
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Price: $144.99
Pros: no spill design
Cons: not really anything
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this battey. it is nice because i can mount the power wire for my offroad lights and cb to the side post on the battery

honda250ex
honda250ex's Reviews
01-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Its a great Battery
Cons: none: never failed me..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The optima is just a good all around battery. You can mount it anyway you want; if you tip it over it does not leak acid. Also great if you are running auxiliary lights,winches,sound systems, etc.

ZRathsack
ZRathsack's Reviews
12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Price: $145.99
Pros: Lithium Battery Side posts
Cons: Has some difficulty cranking over the engine in the morning
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This battery is the most expensive one ive bought. I like it because of the life expectancty, and the side posts. The only reason i dont like it, but you'd get this with almost any battery when its 0 degrees out, it takes a little longer to start my jeep in winter.

LURCH634

LURCH634's Reviews
12-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: I love it
Cons: none!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent battery!! gives out all the power I need.

ditchdog

ditchdog's Reviews
12-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Never have to worry about it.
Cons: ?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Can't go wrong with an Optima. Haven't run the jeep in several months while I'm putting together a new ignition and it still cranks no problem.

charlestrm

charlestrm's Reviews
11-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Runs the winch and everything with ease, also has great warranty, and that under hood appearance that will get anyone's attention
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am running dual battery set up and it works great, once you get past the price

ZJBMX
ZJBMX's Reviews
11-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Pros: It works.
Cons: $$
Recommended? No

Comments: Good, strong, looks good.

jeep159
jeep159's Reviews
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: amazing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the best battery ever

jeepmansro

jeepmansro's Reviews
10-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Pros: Durable, Dual Posts
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong Battery. I like the fast that its a Gel battery, meaning no acid / water to slosh around. Dual posts work great. Run the top posts for your existing wires. The side post for accessories! Get an Optima.

Geigermann22
Geigermann22's Reviews
10-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Long battery life holds a good charge an dependable
Cons: Seems week at first but always turns over
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well I like it cause it gives me the power I need an a little more has yet to fail me so far. Also it's really tough I'm glad I don't have to worry if it bounced around a little. The battery gauge don't work in my truck however so I don't know the volts it holds or puts out.

Lucky99

Lucky99's Reviews
09-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Price: $167.14
Pros: easy to install...
Cons: none yet...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good, it came with alot of different adapters for various applications, found the right 1 and saved the rest for when & if I ever relocate the battery.

Deezelweazel
Deezelweazel's Reviews
09-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: extremely good cold starting behaviour
Cons: only a few sizes
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Red Top is now the second Optima battery. The first one is eight years old and still in service in the daily used commuter car. I needed a battery capable to deliver enough current to heat the glow plugs and crank the starter. To start the engine you only need to try once. The Red Top delivers an unbelievable amount of power even in the cold.
The capacity is a little bit small to power accessories like the aux engine and cab heater which consumes a lot of amps, but I can add a second battery anytime, if feel the need to do.
The dual posts allow a very clear connection of all accessories.
Top brand!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last