Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > Polk Audio MMC 525 Polk Momo

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Polk Audio MMC 525 Polk Momo Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

Polk Audio MMC 525 Polk Momo

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $105.27
Manufacturer: Polk Audio
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 1

Polk Audio engineers the MMC Series speakers for championship performance legendary Italian design firm MOMO makes them look great! These upper-echelon coaxial speakers deliver component speaker sound quality in an easy-to-install, stylish package.

The Polk/MOMO MMC525 5-1/4" speaker features a lacquered carbon-fiber woofer that provides the ideal balance of low weight and high rigidity. The woofer's Kapton voice coil former and flat Nomex spider contribute to high power handling capability. An airtight rubber surround stands up to humidity and heat for long-term reliability. The smooth-sounding 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter swivels up to 15 for direct, detailed imaging.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

BulldawgJeepin
BulldawgJeepin's Reviews
09-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: great sound
Cons: some genres of music can sound like you're listenting through a tin can
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great speakers. have to make/buy adapter brackets so they'll fit properly in your dash if TJ

zimmie2652
zimmie2652's Reviews
01-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: sound is amazing and clear
Cons: lost my grills in transport
Recommended? Yes

Comments: sound great, nice upgrade compared to stock... obviously, mated with my head unit, the alpine mrp 300 running these and the alpine mrp 500 running my jl audio 10 w3v2 sub this system thumps

Uruloki
Uruloki's Reviews
07-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Power handling. Style. Installation and instructions.
Cons: Bass. Crossover size. Crossover terminals. No inline crossover (Need the crossover box)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: POLK MM5251 component set. Slightly different than the MMC 525!!!
They are 5.25" woofers... so don't expect to rock your neighbors. Expect nice, mid level punch.
In hindsight I would buy the MM6501 set instead and buy a spacer ring or the 6x9 component set.

Regardless because my plans were to have woofers in the rear doors, I opted for these for more mids and highs up front and bass from the back.

The crossover is a little large, but that means it's a little beefy on the electronic side (I hope). I just laid them under the rear seat where the old factory amp was.

For integration into a factory Infinity system I would not recommend these unless you plan on drilling into your door panels. The tweeters are not rated for being supplied power without the freq. cutout from the crossover. So you'd have to get a set of 2.5s for the dash.
This is because the stock amp splits the front signal into 4 channels vice 2 and sends respective freq(s) on to the speakers. Perhaps an email to Polk could tell you if you can run the speakers off the factory amp without the crossover...

I rated 5 stars for the product. Though I would like to make it 3.5 of 5 for installation and use in a WJ.

99SprintST
99SprintST's Reviews
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Marine grade, weather resistant
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used with adapter plates in the front and in the soundbar in the rear. Price was per pair. Great sound when coupled to a 200W amp. Have been running these for 2 years without issue and would buy Polks again without reservations. Purchased mine from Crutchfield for a great price which included wiring harness/adapters.

Demp
Demp's Reviews
04-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Price: $68.00
Pros: Carbon fiber Cone, Marine grade, Excellent response.
Cons: Required a customized bracket to fit the front 4x6 slot, not difficult
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Located in the front 4x6 brackets with customized brackets to hold them. The set includes a crossover that is fairly small and easily installed in the dash behind the speaker. Running these at ~75W RMS, easily loud enough to hear over road noise with the top and doors off.

blackdragonfish
blackdragonfish's Reviews
07-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Price: $139.99
Pros: Water resistant Easy To Install Each Speaker comes with its own individual Amplifier and Tweeter
Cons: Not water proof
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These puppies just slide on in to your where your old speakers in your soundbar are. They come with individual amplifiers which (I don't recommend doing this) I just toss into the soundbar its self. Important keep the original screws speakers do not come with any. The speakers also have tweeters that sit in the middle of the speaker. These are adjustable however i have gone off roading far to many times with the top down and sand has gotten in to mine so they no longer move.

enebo
enebo's Reviews

02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sound awesome, Fit a little funny on the back hatch. the top portion is a little to deep for it to fit the hatch without modification but you cant tell with the interior panel covering them.
Almost need rear tweeters now though.

raheafner
raheafner's Reviews

01-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Price: $89.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent speakers. Marine capabilities. Installed in rollbar pods. Adjustable tweeters. Great mids. Sounds great with factory subwoofer. Ebay baby...

Bad_Dog

Bad_Dog's Reviews

09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: VERY clean sound! I'm an audiophile, so I really wanted good speakers for the fronts. A pain to install, but that's not the fault of the speaker. Obviously, no low end, but very clean highs and good mids.

Chewie4299
Chewie4299's Reviews

08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nothing to compare it to in the Jeep but they are a great speaker for the money.

Sterner09

Sterner09's Reviews

07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought these with thinking they would be the best thing out there, boy was i mistaken i honestly believe the stock speakers are better then these.

RobFromRI
RobFromRI's Reviews

07-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Price: $99.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Polk Audio engineers the MMC Series speakers for championship performance legendary Italian design firm MOMO makes them look great! These upper-echelon coaxial speakers deliver component speaker sound quality in an easy-to-install, stylish package.

The Polk/MOMO MMC525 5-1/4" speaker features a lacquered carbon-fiber woofer that provides the ideal balance of low weight and high rigidity. The woofer's Kapton voice coil former and flat Nomex spider contribute to high power handling capability. An airtight rubber surround stands up to humidity and heat for long-term reliability. The smooth-sounding 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter swivels up to 15 for direct, detailed imaging.