Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > Polk Audio DB6501

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Polk Audio DB6501 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

Polk Audio DB6501

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $120.89
Manufacturer: Polk Audio
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

Driver Complement
Mid/Woofer 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm)
Polymer/Mica Composite cone with rubber surround
Tweeter 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
Silk/Polymer Composite dome

Electrical
Overall Frequency Response 35Hz-23kHz
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Power Handling (continuous) 100 w
Power Handling (peak) 300 w
Efficiency 92 dB

Driver Mounting Depth
Top Mount 2" (5.08cm)
Bottom Mount 2-5/16" (5.87cm)
Tweeter Mounting
Flush Mount Depth 1-1/4" (3.17cm)
Surface Mount Height 1-1/8" (2.86cm)
Cut-out
Driver Cut-out Diameter 5" (12.70cm)
Tweeter Cut-out Diameter 2" (5.08cm)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

LII3ERTYSP0RT
LII3ERTYSP0RT's Reviews
07-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros:  Handle a lot of power. Sound excellent, I hear things in songs im familiar with that I never picked up on. Made very well, even if you abuse them they will take a beating.
Cons: Install can be tricky to a first timer. I had to make some minor mods inside the door panel for the crossovers to fit. I drilled out the moulding by the windshield and by the rear seat belts to install my tweeters (4 in all). Ran all new wires and might prove a little tough for a novice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 250$ includes one pair of component 6.5" speakers and one pair of 1.5" tweeters. Polk Audio DBXI Series are great. They handle alot of power and sound excellent if proper amp and adjustments are made. Each pair comes with two crossovers. I posted pictures of my entire install start to finish. Feel free to look at my forum or message me with any questions.

peytonimor7

peytonimor7's Reviews
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Sounds amazing, cheap for a component set.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Put this component set in my 04 WJ, with the tweeters in the dash. They sound great. I have a RF amp at 84x4 at 4 ohms. Sounds good, great bass. Just be sure to amp these...

slowridin03

slowridin03's Reviews
05-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Great sounding speaker, very clear and loud without an amp.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used these 6.5s as soundbar replacements, and they fit great, sound amazing and have impressive bass response. Keep in mind I'm running them straight off of an aftermarket headunit, so with an amp, I can't imagine how awesome they would sound. $60 well spent

Firemedic740
Firemedic740's Reviews
11-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: They sound great
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced the factory speakers in my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I wanted top end speakers. You will need an amp to get the most out of these speakers. They sound horrendous when run off just the head unit. It was challenging but I came up with a way to incorporate the tweeters in the original tweeter location using the original tweeter housing. A plus for these speakers is that they are marine use speakers so they can handle a little moisture better than other speakers. Very clear bass, mids, and highs. I love crystal clear music you can hear with or without the top down.

Boothkicker
Boothkicker's Reviews
10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Sound and look great
Cons: na
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am really pleased with these speakers. They have a good price and great sound. I wanted to maintain the black theme in my Jeep so I painted the grills with Rustoleum multipurpose flat black.

HooDRicH82
HooDRicH82's Reviews
09-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Price: $54.00
Pros: Stylish, Loud, under $100
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'd say go for it if your on a budget, but want the quality!

mcclintock89
mcclintock89's Reviews
03-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Awesome, Much better than the type r components they replaced.
Cons: None really. when compared to the whole market. I wish crossovers would get smaller.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I originally had bought type r components and coaxials for the rear and they were soon replaced after i saw all the positive reviews for the polk's and after the type r's would clip at low volumes and lack in highs...... the polks solved everything. clear clean loud. awesome.

kolky

kolky's Reviews
02-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Sound awesome; fits right in the sound bar with no mods
Cons: Maybe a little bright on the high side; should really have an amp to run these
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love these speakers. I got the DB6501S version which is the shallow mount. The name is a little misleading because they actually have a little deeper mounting depth than the regular version but the difference is that the tweeter does not protrude as much out of the top of the speaker. For those of you with the older version TJ soundbar these will fit in fine and you can even use the factory speaker grills back over the top of them. For those with the newer sound pods I think they will be too deep.

JCByers
JCByers's Reviews

12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Polk Audio DB6501
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Highs are very tight and loud, mids are spot on, but bass is a bit lacking since they are off-axis in the 07 and up JKs. Do not install this speaker without an amp or aftermarket head hunit, as it will be underpowered and sound terrible.