Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > Kicker Solobaric L7 series

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Kicker Solobaric L7 series Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

Kicker Solobaric L7 series

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $257.19
Manufacturer: Kicker
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 1

Four generations of research, revisions, and resilience – and now the one that started it all emerges as wicked as ever.

The legendary Solo-Baric L7 Subwoofer maintains the throne as the first and foremost authority on bass. Square? You bet! KICKER wrote the book on it, and then patented it. Solo-Baric is the only patented square subwoofer on Earth – more cone, more air, more decibels!

Available in punishing 8-, 10-, 12-, and 15-inch models, the Solo-Baric L7 utilizes the one-piece, injection-molded SoloKon™, a reinforced cone that provides 16 to 20 percent more area than a same-sized cone on a round sub. The Solo-Baric’s expansive cone area moves more air than the round one, therefore making it louder.

KICKER’s knack for extraordinary bass is evident. The L7 motor structure contains dual high-temp voice coils, a poly-cotton semi-progressive spider (two in the colossal S15L7!), jacketed braided tinsel leads, highly-efficient UniPlate™ pole piece/back plate, and a heat-reducing T-cut top plate for outstanding toughness and enormous power handling. The cast aluminum basket yields a super-sealing, rear foam gasket and spring-loaded terminals. A shielding front gasket helps to protect the wide Santoprene® surround.

The Solo-Baric L7 is available in 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm DVC and hammers in a sealed or vented box application.

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2006/2006%20L7%20Sub%20b01%20WEB.pdf

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

JaC_04_TJ
JaC_04_TJ's Reviews
01-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: great sound, fits good, all around sub
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought this off of a freind with an amp for cheap, it is a bit more expensive new but i cant pass up a good deal and it was the only sub i found to fit in the cargo space.

BWYoung85
BWYoung85's Reviews
03-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: - Wide Range of Bass frequencies - Sounds amazing in a sealed box
Cons: - Large and Heavy Speaker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is by far the best sub I have presonally owned. I love the sound quality when mounted in a sealed box. Hits high and low bass frequenceies.

900 Watts @ 2 Ohms

Jeepjeff018
Jeepjeff018's Reviews
04-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Price: $249.99
Pros: LOUD but no overkill if set up right
Cons: heavy weighs 35lb little big
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the day I installed it it has added a full and rich sound to my entire system. Plus I am currently pushing the woofer with a matching kicker 08ZX750.1 amp. This by far is the best sub I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

StormTrooperWK
StormTrooperWK's Reviews
03-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Great Sound All Around
Cons: There are none, just give it 30 hours of break in time and you have one of the best subs on the market for the price.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The best sub I've ever owned out of my last 5 subwoofers.

loud99wj

loud99wj's Reviews
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: amazingly loud
Cons: Its huge
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Would buy this over and over agin its the 15 inch 09 series and it absoulty pounds

spnkr94
spnkr94's Reviews
11-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Good bass
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good deep bass, also pretty punchy for a 12 inch sub. Music sounds alot fuller now and it's not drowned out at all.

zhack
zhack's Reviews

03-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: FANTASTIC, I am runnign a 4ohm DVC wired to a 2ohm load from a Rockford Fosgate T3002, and the thing just POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! highly rcomend it to anyone who can afford it, well worth teh money

PokeFan
PokeFan's Reviews

01-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the 10's and they are far better then any 12 I've ever run. Nice and clean and the potential to get LOUD!

KillaKeys17
KillaKeys17's Reviews

01-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the square sound. I'm am only running 400watts to the sub just to add some more bass, but had to add a rca adaptor off the rear 2 speakers

h0tr0d
h0tr0d's Reviews

12-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome speaker. This thing pounds! I got it with an sealed enclosure and am totally impressed with the quality and performance.

bvilletigers08
bvilletigers08's Reviews

07-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love my l7s there loud and sound great....paired with the zx 1500.1 and there unbeatable

SirGCal

SirGCal's Reviews

06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Pros: Good SPL
Cons: Horrible SQ
Recommended? No

Comments: Kicker Squares are known for power but clarity they are not. They will hit like a truck but just don't make a good sound doing it from an SQ standpoint.

I build SQ competition rigs and would never use this sub. If you only care about being a jerk and waking the dead, then it may be for you.

TJ_Jeeper91
TJ_Jeeper91's Reviews

06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great speakers. They produce great sound and were easy to install. Just a few screws and some wiring work and they work out great!!

easternkidd
easternkidd's Reviews

05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive got one Solobaric 15" L7 and its just awesome sounding in the jeep. Deffinantly recommended.

jthompsn

jthompsn's Reviews

04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing thumps

G3rr1t
G3rr1t's Reviews

03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This sub POUNDS

litint
litint's Reviews

03-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: THUMP THUMP THUMP

Haik

supaJEEP
Haik's Reviews

07-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Pros: Quality, size, price, thump
Cons: needs a lot of power
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have bought Kicker Solobaric subs twice since they have been released. What makes them perfect for a jeep is that they can be mounted into an amazingly small box. (only needs .33 cu.ft for 8" - .66 cu.ft for 10" ect) The small airspace makes for a small box. If you have a woodworker among your friends or family it would be a snap for them to build you one out of 3/4 mdf to fit behind your rear seat.

I run 2 - 10inch solo's in my jeep, each with their own airspace and the box is level with the back ledge where the roll cage meets the body.

Highly highly recommend these for anyone wanting a lot more sound in their jeep without removing the back seat and showing off what you've got!