Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > Kicker L5 subwoffer

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Kicker L5 subwoffer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

Kicker L5 subwoffer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $700.00
Average Price: $273.54
Manufacturer: Kicker
Recommended?
Yes: 16 / No: 1

KICKER’s patented Solo-Baric square-woofer design lends itself to the most effective bassmakers in any vehicle, let there be no doubt. The square’s size-to-decibel ratio remains superior to any woofer on the market, thanks to its 16-20 percent more cone area than a round woofer of a like size.

The Solo-Baric L5 Subwoofer provides every bit of the effectiveness the technology offers, and the crushing bass as well. L5 may be the little brother to SoloX™ and Solo-Baric L7, but the differences are barely noticeable.

L5 inherits the same inner workings as the L7, like the cutting-edge SoloKon™, the vacuum-formed, ultra-rigid cone used to push massive amounts of air. And just as its predecessor, L5’s motor structure uses high-temp dual voice coils, a poly-cotton semi-progressive spider, long-lasting tinsel leads, the effective UniPlate™ pole piece/back plate, and a T-cut top plate for dispersing heat and creating immense power handling.

A wide Santoprene® surround easily handles the punishment handed out by the L5’s motor and cone, and a rear foam gasket secures the stamped-steel basket to any baffle. The steel basket with spring-loaded terminals and a tough-looking magnet boot, the logo-bearing protective front gasket, and SoloKon’s hot matte finish make the Solo-Baric L5 rugged enough to take onto any city street.

The four sizes of Solo-Baric L5 are available in 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm DVC and buckle pavement from sealed- or vented-box applications.

(copied from kicker site)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

julietkilo

julietkilo's Reviews
11-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Price: $216.00
Pros: 10 inch sub that sounds like 2 12's
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: TS10L5 subwoofer box is the best bang for your buck and fits behind the seat

2doorxj

2doorxj's Reviews

01-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: very, very loud in ported box
Cons: none, this is my favorite sub ive owned
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a kicker l5 12 inch in a ported box, this thing is fricken loud, i use the kicker zx750.1 amp, the amp may be a little over kill for the sub, but id rather use less power out of a good amp than more power out of a crappy amp. definately reccomended!

Demp
Demp's Reviews
04-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Large surface area, high power handling, durable surround for long travel.
Cons: square shape may require custom fitting to a box
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Price listed is each, own 2.

10 inch Dual Voice Coil: 2ohm (wired series: 4ohm)
Both fit in a customized box behind the rear seat of a 2005 Wrangler TJ (SWB). Powered by a Rockford Fosgate p600x2. Amp place beneath rear seat. Subs hit hard and loud to overcome road noise with the top off.

Box was custom built sealed to 0.8sqft each of 3/4 MDF.

IansXJ
IansXJ's Reviews

01-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 12inch custom ported box, driven by a infinite 300 watt amp, this sub hits hard. have to keep the bass level down so it doesnt rattle the car apart.

ahewy
ahewy's Reviews

01-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have 3 12" pushed by a kenwood amp. incredibly loud. bought whole set up for 400

kitch_j
kitch_j's Reviews

01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Two of the 10" subs with 400 watts do a very good job. Thinking about upgrading to better Kicker 10's, but these do very well for now.

nobiggie

nobiggie's Reviews

10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: THIS SH*T BUMPS
THIS SH*T BUMPS
THIS SH*T BUMPS
THIS SH*T BUMPS
THIS SH*T BUMPS
THIS SH*T BUMPS
THIS SH*T BUMPS

GET THEM NOW

boatycall
boatycall's Reviews

09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Since i have no back seat, I dropped in a 12" L5 backed up by an Orion 600w Class D mono amp. Really rocks!

SirGCal

SirGCal's Reviews

06-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Pros: Good SPL
Cons: Horrible SQ
Recommended? No

Comments: Kicker Squares are known for power but clarity they are not. They will hit like a truck but just don't make a good sound doing it from an SQ standpoint.

I build SQ competition rigs and would never use this sub. If you only care about being a jerk and waking the dead, then it may be for you.

TJsmiley
TJsmiley's Reviews

06-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the 6.5 inch subwoofer to replace my blown stock one. It sounds really good, much clearer than even before the sub was blown, pretty good kick as well. Makes for an interesting massage on my right side going down the highway.

ImperialShadow
ImperialShadow's Reviews

06-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These subs have been slammin' hard for about three years now and have never missed a beat. I wouldn't put my money anywhere else.

Sidez007
Sidez007's Reviews

05-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pimp...
Pimp...
Pimp...

ZJBallin07
ZJBallin07's Reviews

05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: dont know really what to say bout these... they're loud as hell. yeah they're loud

DylanAndre
DylanAndre's Reviews

05-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have these two kicker 12's in the back of my jeep, which i took the seat out of...what can i say they hit hard...real hard....never heard a jeep sound better than mine...i have them in 2 big ported boxes with a 1000 watt kicker class d mono amp

spazzyfry123
spazzyfry123's Reviews

04-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hit nice and hard...

GHOSTRIDER99
GHOSTRIDER99's Reviews

03-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are actually two 10" Kicker Comps with a 750WT amp.

Arcticcat843

dakuda is a god
Arcticcat843's Reviews

07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Kicker L5 subwoffer
Pros: LOUD!!!!!!
Cons: Death by 20
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 2 12 Kicker L5s in a custom sealed box. They will (can) shake cars 30 feet away from you. They also sound great if you turn down the power a bit. You can blend them into the music. that is why i bought them, they are loud but still sound good.
I have them hooked up to a hifonics bxi 2006d 2000 watt mono block amp. It was a great match. It is about the only amp under 800 bucks that will put out enough power to run them.