Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > Kicker 6.5" Subwoofer CompVT 08CVT652

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Kicker 6.5" Subwoofer CompVT 08CVT652 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

Kicker 6.5" Subwoofer CompVT 08CVT652

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $130.00
Average Price: $77.38
Manufacturer: Kicker
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 0

6.5 inch subwoofer. Directly replaces stock subwoofer in center console. Sound significantly better than stock, and the bass hits are much better.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mongogeek
mongogeek's Reviews
08-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Price: $64.95
Pros: Great sound and easy install.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the perfect sub for a TJ with the stock center console. My next step is to add an amp and seal off the holes in my console.

Chris0212
Chris0212's Reviews
10-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Price: $59.95
Pros: good lows solid sound
Cons: not enough highs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just got them because my other factory speakers were falling apart and needed toons asap turns out they are pretty good nice solid sound out of them every easy to put in and fits like factory did

terpsmandan
terpsmandan's Reviews

09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Hit's good
Cons: Needed more plyfil
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought Julietkilo's sub that is pictured below. On the stock amp it sounded much better than the Goldwood that was in previously. Last week, I added a Kicker dx250.1 amp to the system and was not totally happy with the sound. So I took it apart and added more polyfil to the enclosure and that did the trick. Highly reccomend.

Islander_child
Islander_child's Reviews
09-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Compact powerful, sleek, poly cone,
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these subs to death. Installed them in my rollcage sound wedges and they fit perfectly. Clear powerful base in a compact and sleek design. You cant go wrong.

blueskiesbill
blueskiesbill's Reviews
06-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Price: $56.00
Pros: Works great
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its not mind blowing base but its adequate and gets the job done.

DallasRubicon
DallasRubicon's Reviews
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Good bass
Cons: not so good at low range
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Put the sub where the stock sub was in the center console, had to cut hole bigger though.

Jeepjeff018
Jeepjeff018's Reviews
04-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: cheap, built strong all other kicker products built like high-end sub, really magnet basket, and good conectings
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: adds mid bass to a system, on install remember to poly fill the sub box

julietkilo

julietkilo's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Great Mid-Bass
Cons: Not a true subwoofer.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced the stock subwoofer with the 6.5" Kicker 2ohm CVT. Nice midbass but definately NOT a subwoofer.

Barbarian

Barbarian's Reviews
09-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Loud! Clear! adds a LITTLE base also. Easy install.
Cons: took 4 days to ship. (sarcasim, none!)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Speakers For the Price. alot etter than stock. easy instal. great mod for the white Sandy Beaches!

JRostron30
JRostron30's Reviews

08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Price: $89.99
Pros: -Far Superior Clarity & Responsivness -High Durability -Nicely Packaged
Cons: -No Mounting Screws (You will need to run to a hardware store and buy 8 #8 3/4" screws for a perfect fit/install...costs apx. $2)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Aside from the minor but extremely straight forward and simple modifications required to fit this 6.5" sub into the stock TJ subwoofer box, this is a superb upgrade from the stock subwoofer. The level of clarity and responsiveness is very high, even if running off of the stock amplifier (I'm currently doing this). Along with the sub comes a rear plate with kicker logo pressed into it and an adhesive pad for it, two yellow windshield decals and two regular decal like stickers. All of this comes nicely packaged, very visually appealing.

One con, the Kicker sub does not come with screws for mounting =(. But for about $2 dollars you can run to Home Depot or any other store of that nature and find 8 #8 3/4" screws which fit perfectly in the pocketed mounting holes on the sub itself and allows for a perfect mount into the factory sub. box.

Danegerous

Danegerous's Reviews

08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great speakers. Crisp highs and low lows. I really wish I has a seperate amp to test these puppies on...

supajeep
supajeep's Reviews

07-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Price: $35.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a two way coaxial speaker with dome tweeter Sound quality is above average. installation was easy.a perfect fit, spliced the existing speaker connector to the kicker speaker connector. no other modifications needed Very rugged speakers.

TJsmiley
TJsmiley's Reviews

06-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Price: $99.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great!!! Great kick, much clearer than stock. Bass hits are much cleaner and heavier if you wish. Fits directly into stock location, really easy mod for anyone who is looking to upgrade their sound system.