Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > JL Audio JL 8w3v3-4ohm Subwoofer

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

JL Audio JL 8w3v3-4ohm Subwoofer Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

JL Audio JL 8w3v3-4ohm Subwoofer

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $277.50
Manufacturer: JL Audio
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0

JL Audio built their W3v3 subwoofers to deliver powerful, accurate bass with a medium-power amplifier. Their extensive motor assembly research resulted in a design that ensures smooth, precise cone movement at any power level. Exclusive cooling features shunt heat away from the sub's internal motor structure for long term durability and reduced distortion. The W3v3 sub works well in a sealed or ported enclosure.

The 8W3v3-2 subwoofer boasts a 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with a distinctive metallic JL Audio medallion. A patented design eases the stress felt by the rubber surround during cone movement, for increased reliability and consistent bass output. The removable, customizable trim ring accepts optional JL Audio grilles, and can be painted to enhance your installation.

Details:
8" 4-ohm subwoofer
mineral-filled polypropylene cone with nitrile-butylene rubber surround
power range: 50-250 watts RMS
peak power handling: 500 watts
frequency response: 28-250 Hz
sensitivity: 83.24 dB
top-mount depth: 4-9/16"
sealed box volume: 0.3 cubic feet
ported box volume: 0.35 cubic feet

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

purocapo
purocapo's Reviews
08-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Price: $159.99
Pros: fit in rear door diameter that is not depth
Cons: wouldn't clear rear windows when they came down
Recommended? Yes

Comments: JL Audio C5-525cw $159.99 each 5-1/4" component woofer.
had to put the plastic ring for the speaker grill behind the speaker to clear the rear windows when the came down. didn't use a crossover very happy with the sound.

tclewis
tclewis's Reviews
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: AWESOME SOUND FOR AN EIGHT
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome ported box that fits in like it was made to be there.

daking20
daking20's Reviews

03-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got 2 8" jl p3's and alpine's and rockford's rockin the rest of the cab...there's 8 speakers in the beast!

Chewie4299
Chewie4299's Reviews

08-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have 3 of these in a custom fiberglass enclosure. My goal was sound quality. These got me there along with the JL 500/1 powering them it sounds great inside and doesn't wake the neighborhood.

iownaniroc
iownaniroc's Reviews

07-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 2 10w3's in my Jeep. They are a kick. I have them turned all the way down on the amp and the deck and they hit way hard. Very good choice for going topless!

bman9089

bman9089's Reviews

04-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: JL makes excellent subwoofers. They have a good amount of thump to them, but the sound quality is amazing. I'm running 2 of these in the back of my wrangler behind my back seat and if I want too, I can easily feel it in my chest in the front seat. However, these are not built to set off car alarms. JL is about sound quality, not loudness, although these are plenty loud for top off and doors off highway driving.

I push 200 watts RMS to each of my subs. They are great quality, look pretty good (even though I downfire them) and I have no complaints with them.

I highly recommend these subs for those who want to upgrade the stock subwoofer system. Even with the top down, I can hear my bass, and it isn't muddy, it's clear and precise.

I payed $180 a piece for them.