Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Speakers > 4"x6" to 5.25" TJ Dash Speaker Adapters NalinMFG

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

4"x6" to 5.25" TJ Dash Speaker Adapters NalinMFG Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Speakers Next Product

4"x6" to 5.25" TJ Dash Speaker Adapters NalinMFG

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $16.99
Average Price: $16.17
Manufacturer: NalinMFG
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.NalinMFG.com

This is the solution to your low quality dash speakers. The aftermarket ausio industry offers a much wider selection of 5.25″ than 4"x6"speakers, and generally they're of higher quality than the same brand 4"6"s. Only NalinMFG adapter plates will fit any standard 5.25" speaker on the market.

Don't be fooled by cheap PVC or plastic that will crack in cold weather with age, do it right the first time!

With your order you receive two (2) adapter plates, and (8) #8 machine bolts, and (8) #8 machine nuts. SPEAKERS NOT INCLUDED.

NOTE: This modification will require you cut metal inside your dash. Exercise
caution, use appropriate safety equipment, and take the time to read a "How
To" write-up before taking on this project.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

silvercsfuct
silvercsfuct's Reviews

08-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Price: $16.99
Pros: Very sturdy, Made in the USA! Great Customer Support, functioned exactly as advertised, fast shipping.
Cons: none none none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently upgraded my front speakers in my '02 TJ to 5.25 using these awesome adapters. The install was very quick, took maybe an hour and a half total. I think the part that took the most time was searching for wiring diagrams online, ha ha. I would recommend these to a friend over and over again.

TomTJ97
TomTJ97's Reviews

04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Price: $16.99
Pros: Very sturdy design, comes with great hardware, and very prompt shipping.
Cons: Had to grind down the dash frame like everyone else.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very well made adapters, currently have JVC DRVN 5.25" Speakers in it and they fit after grinding down the dash frame about half an inch. Very easy if you have a powerful grinder or dremel tool. Otherwise a very simple install. Have yet to hear the difference in sound, I don't have roll bar speakers right now, so my headunit is in "Protect" mode.

Burgataish
Burgataish's Reviews
03-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Less sound distortion with 5.25 then with 4x6
Cons: my application required cutting two metal braces out of dash easy but was surprising.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: changed out 4x6 polks with 5.25 alpine type R's way better sound quality. Also less distortion at high volume.

Luftwaffle
Luftwaffle's Reviews
01-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Price: $10.00
Pros: Angles the front speakers toward the occupants, not towards the floor, cheap
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted to try the 5.25 setup in the front of my TJ. Haven't installed yet, but I will update within a week when I do...

Hurley91

Hurley91's Reviews

05-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Price: $15.99
Pros: Great fit and Great product.
Cons: The bolts were a bit small for my Alpine speakers, no big deal though.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, and customer service is excellent. I would recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade their dash speakers.

ajf1994

ajf1994's Reviews

12-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Price: $16.95
Pros: Work as advertised Easy install Hardware included
Cons: None, except you get what you pay for in terms of speakers (unrelated to this product though).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Paid $16.95 shipped for these, and it's worth it. High quality setup, especially for the price. Just don't cheap out on the speakers that you put in them.

VinceInVA

VinceInVA's Reviews

07-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Price: $15.00
Pros: facilitates installation of a better sounding speaker in your dash. Adapter plates are a high quality manufactured product that solves a specific problem. Works as intended
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased direct from Nalin Mfg and delivery was prompt and inexpensive. I had a professional car audio installer help with my complete overall installation and they commented on the quality and precision of these adapters. They fit perfect

slowridin03

slowridin03's Reviews
05-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Pros: brings the speakers sound travel up.
Cons: Not really a con, but you do have to cut out some of the dash brackets with a drimmel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought these MTX brand adapters from Amazon and they work great. Well worth upgrading the 4x6s to 5.25s.

conceitedjake
conceitedjake's Reviews
02-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Pros: Better sound
Cons: Had to modify the dash frame to fit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these off amazon and they were marked "mtx audio" when I received them...quality product.

CaptainDCD
CaptainDCD's Reviews

02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Price: $15.99
Pros: *Gives you an GREAT alternative to 4"x6" speakers, just add a set of baffles and get better response. *Very clean solid construction *Value
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found these adapters via JF, First of all FAST shipping... ordered Friday, had them Monday.. I was expecting about the same quality of the adapters I had used for many years to put aftermarket "4x6"s in... these were much better (thicker gauge steel) and very clean (edges were exact)...

I have installed car audio and electronics for over 15 years professionally and managed many stereo shops.. for the money these were a GREAT value!

shawbm
shawbm's Reviews

02-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Price: $19.94
Pros: Everything.
Cons: No issues with the product, just the pre-install cutting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are sturdy, and provided me with the means to mount my 5.25" speakers in the dash of my 2000 TJ.

NOTE: Removing (cutting out) the strip of metal from the Jeep can be quite the hassle without the right tools, so come prepared to cut through some surprisingly strong metal.