Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Sony Xplod CDX-GT08

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Sony Xplod CDX-GT08 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Sony Xplod CDX-GT08

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $199.99
Average Price: $140.67
Manufacturer: Sony
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0

A Budget CD Receiver, and a good Deal for a Replacement of your old, malfunctioning stock head unit. This unit features a front auxiliary input, RCA Sub out, and supports front and rear speakers. It has Multiple Audio Effects (to tune your 3 band EQ, or you can tune it yourself), Text Support for newer CD's that have it (see picture 3), Dim function for night operation. It may not have many features, but if you just want a CD player, or you have an MP3 player. This head unit is for you. The faceplate easily is removed to hide it from thiefs. Also, If you use the screw included on the back of the player, you can attach it to the stock radio anti-theft bar. This head unit IS NOT MARINE CERTIFIED.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

player101
player101's Reviews
02-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: great too have usb port and ipod hook hookups
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product very easy to install at home. great sound and easy to use.

htm55
htm55's Reviews

03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: sounds great
Cons: i don't know how to get the sub-woofer to work.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: how do i hook up the sub-woofer with this stereo ?

freakinheep89

freakinheep89's Reviews
04-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Price: $129.00
Pros: Actually the sony xplod CDX GT09, but it works good, good EQ controls, nice Clarity, doesnt skip while off road.
Cons: keeps goin into demo screen when you dont touch it for 5 min. doesnt change anything, as soon as you touch the volume it goes back to normal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice radio for the money

KevLaredo
KevLaredo's Reviews
02-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Cheap. Nice. Looks good (not overdone or too fancy). Line out for mp3. Great great sound. Came with free speakers. Free remote. Christmas special deal at Walmart.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Technically i have a CDX-GT90HP. It is the same radio though. The radio rocks! It dramatically improved my sound quality and i haven't even put the speakers in yet. Savin that for a rainy day! Installed easy. Looks great in my ZJ!

Mediarocker
Mediarocker's Reviews

05-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Price: $199.99
Pros: Cool blue display, CD Player Functionality, Front Auxillary Input
Cons: Not too many features, Very Basic, Limited Sound Output, Not Marine Certified
Recommended? Yes

Comments: (the kit came with speakers, hence the 199.99 Price tag)

This is actually better than I expected. I was expecting it to explode like everyone says they do. It hasnt. I've had it since christmas, and it was supposed to go into my car, but I put it in my jeep since the head unit volume knob worked sporadically (you had to use some sort of ritual to turn it up and down) and that the CD player in it refused to work.

Well after following the mounting instructions (which were easy) and putting it in the vehicle, i found out with a little bending, you can actually use the stock TJ anti-jack bar. I used the screw from the back of the headunit (which they used to attach a security tag) and it bolted right up. After manipulating it and cutting my hand a few times.. I felt secure knowing that someone would have to bust their hands and it would be nearly impossible for them to remove it without working at it for hours and hours.

Once i started it up, it was pretty neat, The cool blue background and white numbers looked sporty and matched the TJ's dash in a way that many accessories cant. The red buttons look awesome too.

I decided to use the "Loud" function and turn on the EQ to "Xplod" and it produces the best sound out of all my cd's and MP3 player up till Volume 25! (I have Polk Audio DB525's in the rear bar) Past that and it begins to distort however. I might end up getting an amp.

After using the device for a month or two my passenger spilled water all over the dash, it got into the head unit (from behind the dash) and it malfunctioned. However, whenever my unit dried out it began to work again and appears to have suffered no damage. If you run your jeep without its top often, or use a Bikini top, I wouldn't recommend this head unit.

However, This unit was a great replacement for my stock CD player.

Mediarocker
Mediarocker's Reviews

04-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Sony Xplod CDX-GT08
Price: $199.99
Pros: Cool blue display, CD Player Functionality, Front Auxillary Input
Cons: Not too many features, Very Basic, Limited Sound Output, Not Marine Certified
Recommended? Yes

Comments: (the kit came with speakers, hence the 199.99 Price tag)

This is actually better than I expected. I was expecting it to explode like everyone says they do. It hasnt. I've had it since christmas, and it was supposed to go into my car, but I put it in my jeep since the head unit volume knob worked sporadically (you had to use some sort of ritual to turn it up and down) and that the CD player in it refused to work.

Well after following the mounting instructions (which were easy) and putting it in the vehicle, i found out with a little bending, you can actually use the stock TJ anti-jack bar. I used the screw from the back of the headunit (which they used to attach a security tag) and it bolted right up. After manipulating it and cutting my hand a few times.. I felt secure knowing that someone would have to bust their hands and it would be nearly impossible for them to remove it without working at it for hours and hours.

Once i started it up, it was pretty neat, The cool blue background and white numbers looked sporty and matched the TJ's dash in a way that many accessories cant. The red buttons look awesome too.

I decided to use the "Loud" function and turn on the EQ to "Xplod" and it produces the best sound out of all my cd's and MP3 player up till Volume 25! (I have Polk Audio DB525's in the rear bar) Past that and it begins to distort however. I might end up getting an amp.

After using the device for a month or two my passenger spilled water all over the dash, it got into the head unit (from behind the dash) and it malfunctioned. However, whenever my unit dried out it began to work again and appears to have suffered no damage. If you run your jeep without its top often, or use a Bikini top, I wouldn't recommend this head unit.

However, This unit was a great replacement for my stock CD player.