Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Sony CDX-GT630UI

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Sony CDX-GT630UI Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Sony CDX-GT630UI

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $160.00
Average Price: $150.70
Manufacturer: Sony
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 1

f you want a car stereo that combines great sound quality and the ability to play all your favorite media, you've found your match. The Sony Xplod CDX-GT630UI CD receiver offers outstanding sound quality, plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files on disc, and features convenient front panel USB and auxiliary inputs for your portables. Plus, you can connect and control your iPod® without the need of an optional adapter.
Sony's packed the CDX-GT630UI with an impressive set of controls for navigating your iPod's music. Quick BrowZer lets you search for a song by genre, artist, or album — just rotate the knob to find the song you want, then push to select. If you've got lots of songs on your iPod, the Jump control leaps through them in 10% increments. Switch to passenger control and your backseat passengers can select tunes with the iPod's controls.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

GC_Kid
GC_Kid's Reviews
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Price: $159.00
Pros: Works really well with my iPod touch 3rd generation, controls audio for it through the unit itself and has a remote with a lot of functions for playing audio off my iPod. It's also hd ready and satellite radio ready and has a cd/mp3 cd/AMA cd player, also has removable face plate but unfortunately no case was included.
Cons: It has USB on the front therefore you'll have USB cable trailing out the front of your head unit when you are using it with an iPod or iPhone. For whatever reason Sony didn't put a shuffle button on the remote but has one on the head unit. I didn't really get that as they had enough room to put one there. Doesn't already have hd radio like some stereos do on the market. Sometimes iPod doesn't play audio, although that may be an iPod issue cause after a rest of my iPod audio will play normal again.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This stereo has been quite good to me and has worked well despite some small quirks, it is rather simple to use and has many functions geared toward iPod/iPhone users. I personally haven't even used all the functions as I have found using about 3 different ones works fine for me, I often just use the artist function, search function and playlist function to get audio playing for a long drive. For me it was this ease of use and simple functionality that attracted me to this particular head unit, it works well and was the lower priced unit when the 2009 Xplod series came out.

TrailRated01
TrailRated01's Reviews
05-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Pros: allows me to play AND charge my iPod, as opposed to having an auxiliary jack only
Cons: owner's manual not impressive, took a while to figure out the interface
Recommended? No

Comments: I am very happy with this head unit. It's actually a CDX-GT640UI, but that wasn't available in the pulldown menu. Once you figure out how to use everything, it's a great piece. You can change the illumination of the buttons to match your car's interior, I'm very happy with it.

dbbell3
dbbell3's Reviews
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Price: $121.00
Pros: Actually it is the 640 not the 630; which has a USB that interfaces with my iPhone, charges and displays songs being played
Cons: none as of yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The radio fits perfectly without any modification and has numerous features which fit my needs and likes. The most important is the fact that it interfaces with my iPhone and charges as well as plays songs. It also displays both song and artist being played.

Anastasis
Anastasis's Reviews
12-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Price: $159.99
Pros: Ipod Compatable Lots of settings
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced my radio tuner that didnt even have a tape deck... Great, works with my iPod, loud, awesome.

vague180

vague180's Reviews
10-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Great sound, easy installation, USB port
Cons: Lights are kinda bright especially on the "blue" setting
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered it from Crutchfield and put in the year and model of the Jeep. They sent EVERYTHING I needed, including vehicle-specific instructions, to install it. It came with the filler plate, wiring harness, antenna wire extension. I was worried about my speakers with the stock radio but they really woke up when I changed the head unit. Now I can cruise down the interstate with the top off and the stereo doesn't even strain and I can hear it fine.

WJ-matt

WJ-matt's Reviews
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: great qualitly sound
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great sound i love how u can either use the USB port or the AUX port to plug into it for music. and its clear sounding

cptjaredkent
cptjaredkent's Reviews

03-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Sony CDX-GT630UI
Price: $159.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Should be coming in this week. Will update when I test it out. Give me a week or two to test it.

Noxpredor
Noxpredor's Reviews

03-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Sony CDX-GT630UI
Pros: Easy set up. Cheap. Expandable. Hard to skip. Iphone and Ipod compatible.
Cons: Face re-attatch is a little ackward.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this after some retard stole my faceplate off my 9,000 year old head unit. Install was about 10 minutes. It works with my iphone. It is expandable for HD radio and bluetooth. Bottom line lots of feature for a little price and it works like you would expect a sony to.

brand0nlp

brand0nlp's Reviews

03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Sony CDX-GT630UI
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only paid 160 for the cd deck but its a great one, its 54wattsx4 max much better than most 45x4 the features on it are great, with usb connect makes hooking up an ipod or flash drive easy, for the money it cant be beat.

bserver
bserver's Reviews

02-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Sony CDX-GT630UI
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this from Crutchfield.. Fastest shipping ever. 50 dollars cheaper than quadratrec and it was super simple to install. USB feature is sweeeeeet! no need for cd's anymore. comes hd radio also.. had to remove bracket extender (huge pain) but that was the only glitch. installation time: 2hrs

free ship and free install kit with great instructions!

wile_coyote
wile_coyote's Reviews

12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Sony CDX-GT630UI
Price: $129.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good unit. The price is good and Crutchfield supplied all necessary items. Teaming it up with a Kicker sub and Infinity speakers. I was hesitant to order a Sony, but I ended up being very happy with this head unit.