Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Pioneer - Deh-p8400bh

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Pioneer - Deh-p8400bh Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Pioneer - Deh-p8400bh

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $175.00
Average Price: $180.00
Manufacturer: Pioneer
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com

The DEH-P8400BH CD receiver features a full-dot LCD display with Pioneer's new MIXTRAX technology, built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, and an HD Radio™ tuner. A variety of multimedia options ensures that you will be properly entertained. Customizable audio functions make it easy to suit your listening taste.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

parrish5150
parrish5150's Reviews
03-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: sounds great. easy install
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was easy, unit sounds great. Plenty of power and settings for my amp and subs

aikenjeep
aikenjeep's Reviews
06-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Compatible with everything
Cons: Steep learning curve
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I prefer a much more simple stereo. This one was in here when I got it. It has AUX/USB/iPod integration, as well as full bluetooth.

bamaboy382
bamaboy382's Reviews
10-24-2012, 03:42 AM
Price: $189.99
Pros: bluetooth & buetooth streaming. There sets of preouts at 4v. Rear Usb. Pandora Link.
Cons: Little bit ugly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great radio

chadandloren
chadandloren's Reviews
10-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: great features with bluetooth and auxilary input
Cons: Wish had more color options and bigger clock for fun features
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great radio for price and love the bluetooth and iphone features.

A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer's Reviews

07-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Price: $169.99
Pros: Price, Built in HD Tuner, Built in Blue Tooth, Rear USB connect, and 3 sets of 4 amp RCA Pre-Outs
Cons: Low RMS wattage, No Face Plate Case.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: With all the Double Din Touch screen head units these days I think it has lowered the Value of these Single din head units so companies are starting to cram as many useful features in them as they can to keep them desirable. While I find the back grounds on the Full dot matrix display hockey It does aid in being able to display track information. The Sound improvement was astronomical over stock the blue tooth works great and the USB connect for my Ipod is flawless. I don't have any of the creaking issues with the previous reviewer but I will say that compared to the other removable Face plate Radios I've had this one is Crazy Large. I think that is why they didn't provide a case for it. I ordered my Head Unit from Crutchfield and they took absolutely great care of me.

Craft95ZJ

Craft95ZJ's Reviews

06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Good Sound HD Radio Mixtrax feature
Cons: Cheap clunky faceplate 22 gauge wiring for harness
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this CD player at Walmart, because the factory CD player crapped out. Despite its clunky appearance it functions smooth and sound great, wasn't quite the quality you would expect with Pioneer seems like they downgraded materials thus the faceplate rattles at times while driving and has clunky buttons that when pressed cause the faceplate to creak. Another thing I was surprised about was the tiny gauge wiring (22ga) for the harness but it hasn't caused issue yet. Mixtrax is a neat feature, it changes colors of display (red and Blue) to the beat of your music and adds transitions to your music to prevent pauses in between songs (USB and ipod feature only). display is a tad dated for its time, but for the price it was expected. You can change color of the keys and display to any color imaginable (21,000 colors) or you can choose it to cycle at random, downside of that is its hard to see some of the colors during the day. Over all the only downside really is the cheap faceplate other then that it is a great little unit!