Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Pioneer DEH-P4000UB Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $151.94
Manufacturer: Pioneer
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 0

Pioneer head unit, plays music from CDs, USBs, has aux input, Sat. radio ready

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

MavericG07
MavericG07's Reviews
10-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: USB, HDD, HD radio
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It has a rear usb port which is great because I routed it into my center console and it comes with an HD radio. It has support for up to a 250gb HDD and works well with Ipods and other mp3 players. It also has a 3.5mm input and 3 sets of RCA outputs on the rear. This unit also works well with my steering wheel controls.

filipe92
filipe92's Reviews
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Price: $149.00
Pros: great player, looks good and once you get used to controls easy to use.
Cons: took me 2 months to figure out how to change the clock, not user friendly when you first get it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great car radio with plenty of radio presets, cd player, aux input and ipod control.it took me a while to get use to the controls but after a week or so i loved the multi control knob.

dagkirk

dagkirk's Reviews
02-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Price: $79.00
Pros: USB/headphone
Cons: Hard to operate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the fact that it has a USB & a headphone jack. Ipod is fully functional through the head-unit-with an ipod cable hooked to the USB. Remote is very easy to use.
HOWEVER....I consider myself "techy" but going through the menu on this, takes a 2 year course at any community college. It is difficult, and still keep my manual very close.
All-in-all, I would recommend this to anyone, especially with the price point. I purchased mine on Ebay.

knightsdaze69
knightsdaze69's Reviews
10-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: excellent price, and all around quality
Cons: a bit difficult to navigate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I buy all my car audio from onlinecarstereo.com. great prices and selection.

lloyd877

lloyd877's Reviews
07-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Has a nice interface and good looks.
Cons: No number buttons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this to replace a stock radio I like the fact that you can plug a USB memory stick into it and just leave that in there and it works like it does.

justinspotanske
justinspotanske's Reviews
06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Great stereo upgrade for a larger system
Cons: Doesnt do hd radio
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a great cd player that plays all formats except dvd. Has 3 sets of outputs for stereo expansion. Sub controls , remote , all easy to use . Great sounding and Ive owned a lot of brands like alpine , kenwood , and I think this is better

Tyranus73
Tyranus73's Reviews
05-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Price: $169.99
Pros: Produces great all around sound; Has excellent and plenty of control features via the remote; Highly expandable
Cons: Almost too many control features; Without the remote you are almost lost trying to control the deck features.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Pioneer DEH-4000UB is an excellent in dash deck for the money. This unit posesses features usually reserved for systems costing twice as much and performing half as well. The equalizer controls can get confusing at times but does offer the opportunity to tweek the sound to fit your ears perfectly. SUB and full range controls are comprehensive with a good selection of factory equalizer presets. This unit has AUX and USB inputs on the face and AUX in the rear. The face plate is detachable but can be a pain to hinge back into the left side. The controls are expansive and offer a great deal of customization but are almost unnavigable without the supplied remote control.

Overall I enjoy the Pioneer DEH-P4000UB after 2 months. It seems a great deal better than most units I have used in it's price catagory @ $169.99. The features are plentiful and the sound is pretty darn good. I reserve an excellent rating until the durability is proven to me. Right now I give it 4 out of 5 stars and a Good buy rating.

blacXJeep

blacXJeep's Reviews

02-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Recommended? Yes

Comments: simple = perfect for a jeep, and the display is green so it matches my speedo cluster. No complaints so far

cherokeed96
cherokeed96's Reviews

01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

letitloose06

letitloose06's Reviews

01-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great head unit. The iPod integration is great. Easy to use and install.

Windowsrookie
Windowsrookie's Reviews

01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking Head Unit. Sounds better than stock with the stock speakers too. Settings/menus can be hard to navigate.

the_clem87
the_clem87's Reviews

12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent unit. Ability to boost factory speakers loudly and clearly enough so that they can be easily heard over the noise of the flapping softtop, no roof no doors, and loud tires.

CheesyD
CheesyD's Reviews

08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Price: $165.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent enough player. Allows me to play my Zune through it. Not crazy about the controls.

Funk1974
Funk1974's Reviews

08-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it. takes some getting used to.It does come with a remote that is pretty straight forward.

andyrue
andyrue's Reviews

07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a really nice radio, it has an usb plug in so you can listen to music off your flash drive or mp3/ipod.

flatlander757

flatlander757's Reviews

04-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB
Price: $165.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great head unit, lots of features. Weird to get used to the selection knob/button, but worth it. USB playing feature is very nice and convenient, no skipping on trails