Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Pioneer - AVIC-X910BT In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback Bluetooth

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Pioneer - AVIC-X910BT In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback Bluetooth Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Pioneer - AVIC-X910BT In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback Bluetooth

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,199.00
Average Price: $467.75
Manufacturer: Pioneer
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.pioneer-america.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-X910BT

In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth and 5.8" WVGA Touchscreen Display

Play music from your iPod and make hands-free Bluetooth® phone calls just using your voice
MSN Direct built-in (subscription required) --

NOTE: MSN-Direct is being canceled 1/1/2012. This has led to this unit being replaced with the AVIC-X920BT which is similar in features with some minor differences including the loss of MSN-Direct receiver. But that means this receiver can be found pretty cheaply at the moment. MSN-Direct is free for 3 months, and $29.95 through 12/31/2011 if you want it (it's actually kind of cool - it integrates gas prices, traffic, movies, etc with the GPS navigation as well as weather, news, etc.)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

zaym84
zaym84's Reviews
09-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: DVD, NAV
Cons: Had to cut Dash
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its not the Avic listed I have The AVIC-900BT

Christ45
Christ45's Reviews
10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Easy to use. Bright through glare. Looks great
Cons: iPhone stops playback every once in a while.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm not sure if it's the phone or the head unit but sometimes during playback, it pauses or even says the iPhone is not authorized to play. However, the deck looks amazing and it gets the job done in style!

labgeek

labgeek's Reviews

05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Price: $601.00
Pros: Nice features, GREAT price since it's been replaces by the X920BT, Bluetooth, HD Ready (need receiver), XM Ready (need recv), Sirius Ready (need recv and bus adapter), SD AND USB ports! Runs Windows CE.
Cons: Painful (literally - 20+ cuts on my hands) install, MSN-Direct being discontinued. SLOW boot time!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not the best receiver I've ever seen, but pretty close given the price.

I was able to get everything I wanted - Bluetooth, Sirius, HD, SD memory slot, USB memory, rear video camera ready, etc. For a pretty reasonable price.

You will need some adapters - like a CAN bus interface, and dash faceplate "hardware kit" (couple pieces of plastic).

Installing also means taking a dremel to the 2 top tabs at the back of the dash as this unit is bit taller than the stock one. You might be able to bend them out of the way but cutting them off took 5 minutes with the dremel and a fiberglass reinforced cutoff wheel.

Routing all the cables wasn't fun... I mounted the extra boxes (optional recievers/bus interface) under the glove box (there's a panel that pops out). It's tight but fit.

Follow the CAN bus instructions carefully... but check on avic411.com for guidance on how to "mod" the unit.

Overall I'm happy. Got everything the RER does plus HD Radio and MSN-Direct, in a unit I like more, and spent less on it totally. But be prepared to work for it. If you want plug-n-play, find a RER (aka MyGig) unit.