Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off RoadFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $215.00
Average Price: $165.80
Manufacturer: Mopar
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 0

Fully compatible with 3G, 4G Mini, Photo, 40G Nano and Ipod Video models. iPod Shuffle will require use of the auxiliary input connector
Audio voice prompts guide you through menu selections on RBK radio
Mopar's iPod integration kit provides a physical connection between the iPod and the vehicle's audio system, resulting in optimal digital audio quality
Customer's iPod and Mopar's iPod interface cable is safely stored in the vehicle's glove box
The interface cable allows the customer's iPod to charge when the vehicle ignition is "On"
Easily control your iPod function via radio and multifunction steering wheel controls
Features Previous Track, Next Track, Browse Play list/Artist/Albums/Genres, Shuffle and more!
Audio voice prompts guide you through menu selections on RBK radio
This unit can be used in conjunction with any other external device (i.e. CD Changer, Rear Seat Entertainment, Satellite Radio, and Hands Free).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Ejunior2
Ejunior2's Reviews

08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Pros: Easy Install, hides everything when done.
Cons: Stick tape sucks. I used 4 self tapping screws on the adapter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed with RBQ head unit

Dragon158
Dragon158's Reviews

04-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Price: $200.00
Pros: Saves cargo space, hides the iPod in the glove box
Cons: A little pricey...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great, saved a lot of space loosing the CD changer.

thedirt

thedirt's Reviews

03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Price: $215.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have no doubt that this is a good iPod hookup kit, but with my stock radio (RBK) it's a bit hard to use.

Since my radio has no universal screen (it only displays the time and a few numbers), the iPod kit has to read the options to you.

What's worse is that it won't read the song titles or artists to you, it will only read the options ("Playlists", "Genres", etc). I just leave it on shuffle and let it choose the songs.

Eventually, I'll upgrade to an after market head unit and it won't be a problem anymore.

If you have a mopar radio with a real screen (RB1, RB4, RBQ, etc) then it's a great kit, but if you have the RBK, your money would be better spent on a new head unit.

fuzzyweis
fuzzyweis's Reviews

03-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the factory aux jack, lets me hook up my pda for mp3 audio or gps turn by turn directions.

MertzMHz
MertzMHz's Reviews

03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Price: $79.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Belkin iPod adaptor.

ziaholic

180 lb Gorilla
ziaholic's Reviews

03-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it! I also bought an RB1 on eBay so I could see the Artists & Titles etc.

Rubikahn

Rubikahn's Reviews

03-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Price: $175.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pros:Works great through factory radio, it beats the hell out of any FM transmitter I've ever used. Cons:Kinda of expensive though.

grogie

Cell Block #4533
grogie's Reviews

12-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Mopar iPod / MP3 Adapter
Pros: Access to thousands of songs, and no more CD burning! Works on RBQ, RBP, RB1, RAZ, RAH, and RBK.
Cons: Only shows the first eight characters of the song/ album/ artist name (except for the RB1 deck... see photo below).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have installed the Mopar iPod Kit in my '06 TJ and '04 KJ. Here is a write-up (with photos of the TJ install). I originally posted this at:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281774

The install on the TJ was much more work. For the box that goes between the stereo and the iPod, in the TJ there was no room for the box around the stereo. The instructions had me remove the instrument panel and put the box in behind the panel. I had to take a lot of the dash covers off to do the install. Thankfully I had found someone's write up on how to remove a stock stereo. The "drawings" that come along with Mopar parts are very lacking (thanks a lot Mopar!). For one, the stereo on the TJ had a security nut behind it. It would have been a lot harder to figure out where the nut was and how to get at it without the write up. Thank God for internet! I ended up reaching through the glove box to get at the nut with a wrench.

I did also use another write up for pulling out the stereo on the KJ. It was much easier, plus it had no security bolt. My only issue was that I couldn't seem to locate where the antenna unplugged from the stereo? I wasn't able to reach far enough back and find the connector. Luckily I didn't have to pull out the stereo all the way, so there was no need to unhook the antenna. On the TJ, the antenna wire runs right behind the glove box and it was easy to unplug.

This was a great mod, and the wife and I are very happy to have this. I highly recommend this install to all! It's easy to select playlists and different songs, and the titles display on the stereo (well at least the first eight characters do). I have also purchased some audio books via iTunes that were too long to fit onto a CD, so this solves that problem. Plus, no more burning CD's!

To change playlists...
1) Hit preset one... and "playlist" appears.
2) The seek buttons (up/ down) will then take you through the playlists.
3) When you find the playlist you want, hit "pty", and it goes into that list.
4) Then the seek buttons (up/ down) go through the songs in a playlist.

The other preset buttons browse artists, albums, genres, and preset five shuffles songs in the playlist. Also, the very first playlist that appears is "all songs"... on the iPod.

The scan buttons (up/ down) move you through songs.

The "mod" button switches to the radio, or CD, to iPod.

The steering wheel controls on the KJ do work as well.

The stereo in the TJ is RBQ, and in the KJ is RBP. The instructions books says for use that it also works with models RB1, RAZ, RAH, and RBK.

The kits were purchased from:
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/moipinkit.html

The kit contents:

Taking apart the TJ's dash:

The Mopar/ iPod box fit in behind the instrument panel:

The iPod Video now in the glove box!

Also, here is the iPod kit on the RB1 deck: