Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Kenwood - Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Kenwood - Kenwood KDC-HD545U Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Kenwood - Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $169.99
Average Price: $156.60
Manufacturer: Kenwood
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/In-Dash_CD_n_DVD_Receivers/1-DIN_CD_Receiver/KDC-HD545U

Kenwood built the KDC-HD545U CD receiver to cover all the bases. Sure, you expect a CD player, but factor in built-in iPod® controls, an auxiliary input, and a cutting-edge HD Radio™ tuner, and you've got a powerful and complete package ready for your ride.

A multimedia marvel
With the KDC-HD545U's HD Radio tuner, you can enjoy the outstanding sound quality of digital radio broadcasts, with FM that approaches the sound quality of CDs. And if your local HD Radio station employs multicasting, you'll have the option of listening to multiple channels on the same frequency. When your iPod's connected to the receiver, iTunes® tagging lets you save song info, so you can purchase tracks you enjoy later on iTunes — a nice bonus.

Connection and control of your iPod is a snap with this receiver. Plug into the front-panel USB input, and take command with a variety of tools, including dedicated Search and Return keys — you'll find it easy to get to the tracks and playlists you want to hear.

You can play your store-bought and recordable CDs, including discs full of MP3, WMA and AAC files. If you'd like to expand your system, you can add a Kenwood CD changer or satellite radio, or use the front aux input for a direct audio connection from virtually any audio source.

Convenient shortcuts
The Mixed-Preset Memory feature gives you a useful one-touch shortcut to a favorite playlist, satellite radio channel, an HD Radio station, and more. Once the preset buttons are set to your choices, you'll be able to jump from station to playlist to feature with one touch of your finger.

The sound quality story
A strong built-in amp provides plenty of power to drive your speakers, while the 24-bit digital-to-analog converter brings out every last detail in your music. Use the 3-band equalizer to tweak the highs, mids, and lows for the perfect sound curve for your car.

If your aim is maximum sound quality, you'll appreciate the three sets of preamp outputs for connecting and controlling a full setup of external amps and subs.

Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

markdaniel213
markdaniel213's Reviews
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Price: $184.01
Pros: built-in HD radio tuner, aux-in on front panel, USB input on front panel, built-in iPod controls & iTunes tagging, 3 sets of preamp outputs (6 channels), 24-bit DA converter
Cons: Really haven't found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kenwood built the KDC-HD545U CD receiver to cover all the bases. Sure, you expect a CD player, but factor in built-in iPod® controls, an auxiliary input, and a cutting-edge HD Radio™ tuner, and you've got a powerful and complete package ready for your ride.

A multimedia marvel
With the KDC-HD545U's HD Radio tuner, you can enjoy the outstanding sound quality of digital radio broadcasts, with FM that approaches the sound quality of CDs. And if your local HD Radio station employs multicasting, you'll have the option of listening to multiple channels on the same frequency. When your iPod's connected to the receiver, iTunes® tagging lets you save song info, so you can purchase tracks you enjoy later on iTunes — a nice bonus.

Connection and control of your iPod is a snap with this receiver. Plug into the front-panel USB input, and take command with a variety of tools, including dedicated Search and Return keys — you'll find it easy to get to the tracks and playlists you want to hear.

You can play your store-bought and recordable CDs, including discs full of MP3, WMA and AAC files. If you'd like to expand your system, you can add a Kenwood CD changer or satellite radio, or use the front aux input for a direct audio connection from virtually any audio source.

Convenient shortcuts
The Mixed-Preset Memory feature gives you a useful one-touch shortcut to a favorite playlist, satellite radio channel, an HD Radio station, and more. Once the preset buttons are set to your choices, you'll be able to jump from station to playlist to feature with one touch of your finger.

The sound quality story
A strong built-in amp provides plenty of power to drive your speakers, while the 24-bit digital-to-analog converter brings out every last detail in your music. Use the 3-band equalizer to tweak the highs, mids, and lows for the perfect sound curve for your car.

If your aim is maximum sound quality, you'll appreciate the three sets of preamp outputs for connecting and controlling a full setup of external amps and subs.

Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.

Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.

shawbm
shawbm's Reviews

02-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Price: $119.99
Pros: Nice looking, HD Radio, USB, AUX Input, iTunes Tagging... a lot of pros!
Cons: Can only dim the display, not the adjacent buttons. Preset buttons can be difficult to push at times, they are rather close to the bottom of the unit. Unit feels kind of cheap, I detach it all the time and it is very light... do not drop.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Reference above Pros and Cons...

Scott3249

Scott3249's Reviews

01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Price: $169.00
Pros: Sounds great. USB port
Cons: none
Recommended? No

Comments: Love it. Great sound and easy to use.

truckntractorhi
truckntractorhi's Reviews
09-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: awesome!
Cons: non......
Recommended? Yes

Comments: perfect for the money!

havoc64

havoc64's Reviews

09-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Price: $169.99
Pros: -Easy installation if purchased with Wiring Kit -Nice eq settings, esp if you have a subwoofer -1 AM and 3 FM bands -USB port to charge, play and Control IPod -USB port can be used to charge GPS's, Phones and other USB Devices -USB port can play files off of USB flash Drives -Front Aux Port -HD Radio -Removable Face Plate -Remote for back seat passengers -Dimmer control can be set to auto -Search Button
Cons: -Instructions are not the best, but will get you through -Volume knob can be slippery -Dust magnet -Menu setup can be confusing, esp for playing USB files off a flash drive -Search Button
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted a receiver that had enough power, could power all 7 speakers in my Rubi, and play through an aux port for my IPod or Cell phone. This unit has it all plus HD Radio and a USB port.

I really like the USB port feature. I can plug the IPod in and set it on the dash or the console by the shifter and control the IPod from the search button on the Receiver. It's Search feature could be better and it takes a while to get used to the button knob controls, but after a while it becomes second nature.

The sound quality is great, nice bass response and loud enough to play over the road noise when I have to top off.

Here in NE Kansas there are only 3 HD stations, but fortunately I like all three stations. The radio will pull those stations in, and if I go out of range it will switch the station to Standard FM until the signal gets stronger, then BAM back to HD. I didn't think that I'd be able to tell the difference but I can. In HD there's no background hiss or static and the sound is more crisp.

Here's a website that has a list of HD stations around the country.
HD Digital Radio • Find A Local Radio Station

All in all a great receiver, esp for the price. I'd recommend it to my friends.

Keep on Jeepin!