Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Kenwood KDC-138

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Kenwood KDC-138 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Kenwood KDC-138

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $82.13
Manufacturer: Kenwood
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 0

Kenwood's KDC-138 CD receiver includes a front-panel auxiliary input with a handy feature that isn't usually found on lower-priced receivers. You can adjust the input's level so you won't get drastic changes in volume when you switch to or from the auxiliary source. This user-friendly Kenwood also features a 5-function toggle switch on the right side of the faceplate that makes it easy to adjust your settings on the go.

The stereo's built-in amplifier offers plenty of power, and you can shape the sound with a 3-band equalizer and six preset tone curves. If you're adding a subwoofer, the set of preamp outputs include a low-pass filter and level adjustment to keep the signal clean for great-sounding bass.

Details:
General features
CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs
detachable face
Audio features
System Q Sound Control (6 EQ curves and a 3-band equalizer)
low-pass filter and subwoofer level control
Expandability
inputs: front-panel auxiliary input
outputs: one set of preamp outputs (can be switched to subwoofer mode)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

xKennie
xKennie's Reviews
08-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: -USB On Face -AUX Input On Face -1 Set Of RCA Outputs -Custom Equalizer
Cons: -Only 1 Set Of RCA Outputs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have always loved Kenwood CD Players. I had picked this one up a while ago since I need to replace my stock radio. I get great reception with this on the radio and the playback through either the usb or aux input is great. I would for sure recommend this product if you still using the stock one.

96zjeep
96zjeep's Reviews
08-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: aux input
Cons: no usb
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

96zjeep
96zjeep's Reviews
08-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: aux input
Cons: no usb
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

4banged
4banged's Reviews
08-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: CHEAP, SUB OUT, AUX PLUG ON FRONT FOR SMART PHONE, REMOVABLE FACE, SOUNDS GREAT
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: SOUNDS GREAT, PUT 6.5 SPEAKERS IN SOUND BAR, 5.5 IN FRONTS, 8" SUB IN ACENTER CONSOLE, AMP UNDER SEAT...PLENTY LOUD ENOUGH :-)

KWBxj00
KWBxj00's Reviews
06-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: simplistic
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I personally like the head unit, it gets the job done, its not overly complicated.

Basslicks
Basslicks's Reviews
05-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Price: $79.99
Pros: Aux front input, 22watts, RMS x 4channels, rear sub out, good sound, good price
Cons: No RCA outs for F&R speakers, no USB connection, clock does not display when unit is turned off and vehicle ignition is on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's actually the KDC 148 - plays CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and I think even WMA - not sure though. Great sound for the price. Has bass boost, bass, treble, fader, and balance controls. Also features factory EQ Presets. Unit stores 18 FM and 6 AM channels. Has front AUX input and a rear RCA preamp output for subwoofer as well as separate level control for sub. Removable face, mounts in to location in dash in the earlier jeeps without any modification to dash - did not use the mounting sleeve that came with the unit. Features LPF and HPF filters. Overall and great bang for the buck.

sluggermyers
sluggermyers's Reviews
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Looks good, great sound
Cons: hard to read text, confusing to change settings
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When I bought my Jeep it had this stereo in it. Can't complain. From what I have seen this thing runs for about 60 bucks, definitely worth the price.

sloan74
sloan74's Reviews
06-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Price: $99.00
Pros: Plays MP3 via CDR, remote, does NOT skip
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Plays MP3 via CDR, remote, remote, remote.....mounted the remote on the center console right next to me....I cannot tell you how great this while driving and changing tunes/adjusting the volume. Also this player has not skipped once, and that is even while off roading, I am amazed.....

41MB-97TJ
41MB-97TJ's Reviews
02-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ease of use, front jack for mp3 input.

Jasen
Jasen's Reviews

03-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Kenwood KDC-138
Price: $90.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's nothing fancy but deliver's decent sound through the sound bar in the soft top

black89xjlaredo
black89xjlaredo's Reviews

01-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Kenwood KDC-138
Price: $69.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks good, sounds good, lots of features, removable face, easy to install. good price. a great cd player, plays mp3's, cd-r, and cd-rw

ahewy
ahewy's Reviews

11-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Kenwood KDC-138
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is a great deck, i use my zune on it all the time with the aux in. would recommend to anyone

Mibeaulieu
Mibeaulieu's Reviews

07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Kenwood KDC-138
Price: $169.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: KDC-492 - the stereo is excellent! Fantastic with the factory sub. I originally - installed with out sub - man what a difference when fixed. A++ on this set-up.

BlackSheep92
BlackSheep92's Reviews

06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Kenwood KDC-138
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kit came with Tuffy console, removable head, very happy with it. Only wish it came with the iPod input jack cable.

JoeySnow70
JoeySnow70's Reviews

06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Kenwood KDC-138
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Exelent product, a bang for the buck. I can do all I need with this unit. The instructions on how to set up the unit are not that easy to follow, Kenwood could do better there...