Jensen - Jensen VM9312HD
Jensen's VM9312HD multimedia receiver features HD Radio™ technology that'll give you exceptional-sounding radio at the touch of a button. You'll hear static-free reception and improved fidelity from participating stations, and you'll be able to pick up the extra channels of content broadcast by HD Radio stations.
The VM9312HD plays your CDs and DVDs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files, and lets you control everything from the 7" retractable touchscreen. An intuitive graphical user interface lets you scan through menus and selections with ease, and a secondary 8-character LCD display lets you run the receiver when the screen's down.
Watch DVDs on the screen while you're parked, or use the receiver's audio/video outputs to send the movies to a rear screen while you drive. The stereo also features five preamp outputs so you can run outboard amplifiers for better sonic clarity as well as higher volume capability.
Hook up your portable
Jensen's handy MediaLink3 interface puts important external connection ports within easy reach. Simply mount the interface under your dash, in a storage area, or in any convenient spot — you'll have easy connections for your iPod®, any other portable audio player, and an external video source, like a game console. Jensen even includes a jLink iPod cable and a miniplug cable for connecting another portable music player to the auxiliary input.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Get more info on this product
* DVD receiver with built-in amplifier (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels, CEA-2006 compliant)
* 7" motorized, retractable video screen
* secondary 8-character LCD display
* HD Radio tuner module included
* includes MediaLink3 under-dash connection port
* wireless remote
* plays CDs, DVDs, and MP3/WMA files on CD and DVD
* audio processor lets you adjust bass, midbass, and treble
* sub level control and low-pass filter
* compatible with Jensen's satellite radio and navigation module
* jLink iPod adapter cable included (controls all iPod functions through the touchscreen)
* inputs: 2 audio/video inputs, minijack aux in, rear view camera input
* outputs: 2 video outputs for external screens, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, and mono subwoofer)
* AM/FM tuner
* 18 FM/12 AM presets
* warranty: 1 year
* Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available
* designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Pros: HD radio! and USB port
Cons: No screen tilt...hard to read.
Comments: The stereo is loaded with features and has several FM and AM bands to store presets. The lack of a tilting screen compared with my old Alpine is kind of a let down considering the sun glare prohibits being able to read the screen. The blue letters on the buttons are also hard to see in the daylight. It is nice to have a USB port to plug in a thumb drive or iPod.
Pros: awesome multimedia..use of usb drives and touchscreen
Cons: nothing works great for a wrangler
Comments: easy install, sounds good with the new polk speakers in the wrangler. also easy hack to have the dvd play without P brake on (illegal while driving though). also can hook up usb hard drives to listen to music and movies (i mounted mine in the glove compartment with velcro for easy access)
|01-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Pros: HD radio, Ipod hook up. Nintendeo hook ups. Touch screen. Clear screen.
Cons: Screen has to be open to switch radio stations. HD sometimes cuts in and out. Tilt did not work.
Comments: HD radio, Ipod hook up. Nintendeo hook ups. Touch screen. Clear screen.