#1 ·
Product Information
Price $165
Rating 3
Average Price $96.66
Manufacturer Dual
Recommended Yes: 2 / No: 1
Company website http://www.dualav.com/mobileaudio/xml8150.php

This versatile Digital Media Receiver supports a variety of audio formats and digital media devices while also promoting safe driving habits with hands-free calling and secure docking for iPhone/iPod.

The built-in Bluetooth technology allows for hands-free calling using your Bluetooth-enabled phone which has been paired with the receiver. It also let you wirelessly stream audio from most smart phones and iPhone/iPod touch devices, as well as control the playback directly from the receiver's front panel.

If you are using your iPhone for navigation, the XML8150 allows you to safely and securely dock your iPhone in clear view, so you can follow the navigation directions with your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

In addition to docking, the iPhone and iPod models can also be connected via the USB input on the front of the receiver. In both cases, you can fully control the iPod player either from the receiver's front panel or from the iPhone/iPod device itself.

The dock adjusts to horizontal and vertical positions and accommodates most iPhone and iPod devices with 30-pin connectors, including the iPhone 4, iPod touch and iPod nano models. When not in use, the dock easily folds inside the receiver, leaving only the sleek, attractive faceplate in view.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Price $104.99
Rating 3
Pros Great i-Pod/i-Phone dock.
Cons It's made by Dual.
Recommended no

Comments: Ok, Dual hasn't had very much of a great following compared to Pioneer Alpine and Sony with Jeeps.

I bought this one with the intention of NOT using the AUX USB port, and having a handy dock station instead of trying to grab my i-Pod before it slips off the dash. The radio has multi channel FM and AM and the deck can be hooked to what's called a HD Radio (Dual HDM-90 an extra $99.00) tuner that has the i-Tunes tagging function.

PROS: The reciever face flips down and you pull out the dock on a swing arm from behind the faceplate. With the i-Pod dock, no more cd's or DVD's are required. (Or tapes for us old timers). You can load a movie, music vid, or just see the album art if you see fit. The dock can flip 90 degrees for videos and movies or you can leave it straight up.

CONS: Dual doesn't make durable recievers. Three months out of the box and the main large "select" button has jammed on me causing random channel changes. The i-Pod dock is cool but flimsy and you can't tilt the swing arm up or down. It just swings up or 90 degrees right. While it does a good job keeping the i-Pod in place versus sliding all over your seat or dash. The clamp for the top slides and locks in place and you could end up putting too much pressure on the i-pod and break some of the pins causing an intermittant disconnect. Also considering HD radio was supposed to deliver quality sound... it falls flat on it's face compared to satellite. Radio stations in my area are so dicey with this deck that using it.. is pointless. And I'm about an hour south east of D.C. if that gives you any idea.

I gave it an 3 star rating cause of it's inovation of integrating a decent i-Pod dock. But if you don't have an i-Pod or any .MP3 player this radio barely rates two stars.

(edit) Forgot to mention, this unit does have Bluetooth handsfree phone use, but the pickup mic which I routed to the roll bar above my head, really really sux bad. (It's the reason my select button is broken now, was trying to talk to a girlfriend with it and she couldn't hear me at ALL! So I tried to turn off the radio by pressing the select button, I ended up jamming it.)

Update 11 Feb 13: So I got the Galaxy SIII and started fiddling with the deck's Bluetooth a bit more. Pandora and MP3's the system does very well crisp and clear better than radio. Updated the phone mic with a bigger pickup recently and that still doesn't do the trick, people absolutely can not hear you. So I just put my GSIII on speaker while driving and that does the trick. Select button worked it's way loose again and I can use it.

#3 ·
Price $35
Pros Love how many different ways music can now be played.
Cons Doesn't stream music through bluetooth only phone calls
Recommended yes

Comments: While providing plenty of power and play options there aren't very many drawbacks of the 8150. And at $35 you could afford to put one in every car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.